Talk:Pylon

From the RuneScape Wiki, the wiki for all things RuneScape
Jump to: navigation, search
This talk page is for discussing the Pylon page.

Purpose[edit source]

So is the achievement for excavating with the pylon at 100% charge the only purpose of the pylon or does it have another function? WiggleCat (talk) 22:01, 30 March 2020 (UTC)

I guess we'll find out once it reaches 100%. Currently only 58.84%. Farming-icon.png Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) Prifddinas lodestone icon.png 22:20, 30 March 2020 (UTC)

Varying messages[edit source]

The message you receive when charging the pylon varies depending on how many pylon batteries you use. Here's what I've been able to test so far:

  • You contribute some power to the pylon. (1-9 batteries)
  • You contribute a significant amount of power to the pylon (11, 15 batteries)

Need to find the exact cut offs (and if there are other messages) before adding to the page. Oshtur (talk) 04:32, 31 March 2020 (UTC)

No reason you can't add a bit for the messages now; all the archaeology pages are a work in progress, and people know that. I think, personally, if we add things that aren't 100% complete, it helps encourage other players to complete them as they see more info. Remember, worst case it gets corrected. NYX TRYX (talk) 04:52, 31 March 2020 (UTC)

Adding 100 batteries results in "You contribute a huge amount of power to the pylon." Eldurn Radmr (talk) 19:36, 11 April 2020 (UTC)

Charging rate per battery[edit source]

I've seen this changed a few times from 0.01% to 0.002% or other numbers and then back. It can be difficult to be certain, given that several players may be contributing to the pylon from different worlds at the same time, but 0.01% is definitely wrong. Today I added 10 batteries at the same time, which took the total charge from 44.43% to 44.44%, so the maximum the rate per battery can possibly be is 0.001%. I changed the article appropriately. Please do not change it back unless you can cite reliable evidence to the contrary. Oshtur (talk) 18:41, 8 April 2020 (UTC)

I just tried adding 2000 batteries while frequently checking the pylon's charge every few seconds for a few minutes. This was the result: (gfycat | graph) A large increase in the charge occurred right after I added the batteries, but the charge dropped back down a short time later. I did also see a smaller increase a few seconds later, but I don't know if it was related to the batteries I added. Eldurn Radmr (talk) 09:17, 3 May 2020 (UTC)