Talk:Player Support Team
Should it not be noted that Jagex actually doesn't offer any way to contact them now? No email, no phone # no way to contact them aside from about Technical Issues and reporting bugs? It seems to me like they have an utter lack of Customer Support as opposed to any support. [Edited] - I'd like also to add that I have tried in vain to find any way to send a Customer Support inquiry in to them to 1. Petition a name change due to my name being potentially offensive to younger players and some more sensitive players ( I made it when I was younger ) and 2. To appeal a ban that was made against me. Perma ban from the forums years ago that had no evidence against me. It says that since the ban was made before the appeal system was created that I cannot appeal it, doesn't seem fair? JadeTora 04:23, 10 November 2008 (UTC) Jade
- In the article, shouldn't it say "Ineffectiveness of macroing detection" instead of "Effectiveness of macroing detection", since the effectiveness would be a good thing? I'm changing it if no one disagrees. C.ChiamTalk Calebchiam 06:41, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
I think that whoever wrote this does not like customer support. I think that it would fit better into a section called "Criticism" rather then reception. while it could go under reception, it does not normally mean a big list of all the good and bad things with it.
Also i think that nearly all the language is to strong to be neutral as Wiki is meant to be. I don't want to change it since have never used customer support.
- Taking long periods of time to respond to any messages.
- The ineffectiveness of their macroing detection.
- The excessive banning for minor offenses.
- The decisions made after being accused for breaking rules. Some players have reported having their appeals accepted even after swearing and threatening Jagex. This leads many players to believe that Customer Support does not even read appeals.
This page probably needs a complete rewrite from scratch, using some of the original material as useful. If I remember, I'll add an outline here for a new version later today. MarkGyver 16:50, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
I made it look a little bit more neutral, tell me what do you think.
Someone please rewrite this[edit source]
This article seems to be more about the Criticism of Customer Support rather than customer support itself. It has little to no general information other than criticism, so it's in desperate need of rewrite.Krayfish 01:57, February 7, 2011 (UTC)