Talk:Player-owned port/Ship upgrades
Can we work to try and get pictures of all the ship upgrades here on the Wiki? I can contribute to about half of them so far, as I haven't made it too far. This is Sorion btw, just having password issues. I think Rams stay the same not matter what and Rudders look the same in pairs. The deck and Hulls though are all very different.
- Hmmm. I just hopped here to discussions because I just noticed the images -- and I think they detract a lot from the readability of the tables. The point of this page is to be able to see and compare different bonuses, and the images mean that I can only a few items at a time on the screen.
- I won't simply delete these without discussion but I really think they have to go. If people want there could be a separate table of images for upgrades, perhaps with a link to the picture in each table row. But the main page should list upgrades, costs, and benefits in the most easily readable manner possible.Haystacks (talk) 04:33, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I already have most of the upgrades, but still the images here need some updateing. at this time only the hull of glory image do not have a giant Whale Skull Trophy obscuring the view and the ram images don't actually show the ram. the rudder is pretty ok, but do we need to show more than the top door and the actual rudder? Theslowbros (talk) 02:36, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
- How "the rudder is pretty ok" if you cannot see the rudders at all? These should be taken by standing under and a bit to the side of the stern. The rudders look just as different as hulls are. Same goes for figureheads although I could not find good vantage point to see these. The deck items are probably better displayed with different zoom, with close up on actual deck, not on the whole ship. Kana. February 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Update - I used Oculus to get pretty good viewing point at figureheads. Did you know, for example, that battle ram has 5 underwater metal spikes? Anyway, I cannot upload snapshots without an account but if I can use oculus then someone else with account can do it too. Oh, and changing figurehead also changes the decoration of the stern.
- Changing rudder modifies the look of helm only, the rudder itself remains the same. Strange... I am pretty sure I saw it changing before. Kana. 16:49, February 13, 2013 (UTC)