I think that it may actually be easier for some people to use Magic against Nomad, especially if they use Blood Spells, as these replenish the players lifepoints somewhat during the fight. I'm a complete quest-boss noob on a laggy computer, but I managed to squeak by with a whole 17 lifepoints! (Hey, that beats dead or defeated, right?)
Best strategy (under 10 min fight!)[edit source]
I cant belive fight was so easy... gano top and Retribution prayer realy helps a lot.
After barrage when nomad hits you for max i had like 300-400 lp left :)
I used up like 1 sara flask and 1 super restore, 2 doses of overload and prayer renewal,
and 20 rocktails :) i was using ruby bolts and diamond bolts enhanced...
You only need like 100 ruby bolts or even 50 :) and 5-10 diamond bolts.
Just keep hiding behind pillar and everithing will be ok,
but dont hide for to long of fight will be reset.
Dominion Tower notes.[edit source]
Things I noticed in the EoC dominion tower:
1. Nomad's flame vorticies dealt about 2500 damage to me.
2. His Soul Blast attack ALWAYS splashes.
3. His mirror images hit at full power.
4. Disintegrate always hits for a portion of your CURRENT health, not your max.
5. Without a familliar I am able to mage/range nomad while he has me frozen.
6. All of his attacks, aside from the mirror image attacks, hit portions of your health capping out at about 550. When you get below 550 he yells "pathetic" every time he attacks.
7. Damage against Nomad is capped at 750, I recommend dual weapons for the fight and a shield for the disintegrate phase. 22.214.171.124 04:33, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
Could somebody add both ganodermic boots and gloves and abbysal wand and orb to the mage table. I always manage to ruin those, so if someone more competent than me can do it, that would be great. DPSOnly (talk) 19:48, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
Most Difficult Boss?[edit source]
I think this article and the main Nomad article needs a bit of a clean up in regards to "Hardest Boss", I beat Nomad using Guthans and SGS with CB stats of around 75. Used only about half my inventory of Sharks and it was over in less than 10 minutes. I actually found Graardor harder in the Zanik questline. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 13:57, January 30, 2015 (UTC).
- Nomad was the hardest boss at its advent; but since (and mostly due to EoC) his difficulty fell considerably. The article could probably use an update. IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:25, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
Nomad's Elegy?[edit source]
Is a subsection for this quest really necessary? Its article's section on the fight already says everything you need to know, so it'll simply be a copypaste job at best. Neutralino (talk) 17:11, May 30, 2016 (UTC)