Talk:Money making guide
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 |
- 1 Tower of Life with Ardougne cloak 1
- 2 Potion making MMG overhaul
- 3 Updated with new information
- 4 Tanning Hides requires level 2 crafting
- 5 Killing gargoyles
- 6 Farming Marigold
- 7 Expression error: Unexpected < operator.
- 8 Money making guide/Vorago
- 9 Best MMG for F2p is mislabeled.
- 10 Crafting Diamond Necklaces
- 11 Possible improvements to the Casting Ophidian Incubation page
- 12 Teak, Arctic Pine, Maple and Mahogany Pyre Logs - Money Making Method
- 13 Creating Sacred Oil - Money Making Method
- 14 Scentless Potions and Shadow Jadinko
- 15 money making - making Portent of restoration X
- 16 Divine-O-Matic Incandescent Wisps
- 17 [Skilling Urns] Making Skilling Urns at Portable Crafters
- 18 Can we get a filter to remove levels we dont have using a username submit box like on quests for example
- 19 All money making guides that use Tipping bolts
- 20 Improvements to potions making guides
- 21 Creating Lumbridge teleports
- 22 Can we load user account info?
- 23 Boss MMG guides
- 24 Money Making
- 25 Masterwork Smelting and Folding
- 26 Add columns "input" and "output" to the table
- 27 Split f2p and p2p guides
- 28 Money making
- 29 Misleading profit on killing Nightmares
- 30 Archaeology
- 31 Incandescent energy with Divine conversion relic
- 32 Money-making guides
- 33 Money making guide / Solak
- 34 Spirit Weed Incense Sticks - Firemaking
- 35 Added one more skilling method for smithing to make a decent profit.
- 36 Split methods between on-task and off-task, add a slayer section.
- 37 Glorious bars for money making
- 38 Screening soil
- 39 Screening soil
- 40 Tabulation of similar methods
- 41 Herb cleaning guides & herblore cape
Tower of Life with Ardougne cloak 1[edit source]
sub 2m/hour. Only requirement is Tower of Life quest. Tower of life, unicow slaying. Ardougne cloak 1 quick teleport. Unicorns horns at 3.2k each. At newbie efficiency, 50 unicorn horns gained per 5 minutes. That's a low end per run. Not including bank time & travel time, but negligible with cloak tele. 50*12 = ~600 horns per hour 600*3.2k=1,900,000 gp/hour. Very simple to do. Required inputs: cowhide. Not a wiki person, please do add this however you see fit wherever. I don't know protocols 220.127.116.11 10:31, 13 February 2021 (UTC)
Potion making MMG overhaul[edit source]
I edited the Making toadflax potions with scroll of cleansing to also take portable wells into account. I'll get around to it eventually but have limited time, so if anyone else wants to port these changes to the other similar money making guides, you're welcome:
- Making fellstalk potions
- Making lantadyme potions
- Making snapdragon potions
- Making dwarf weed potions
- Making ranarr potions
- Making avantoe potions
- Making kwuarm potions
I got the numbers in the updated guide by making potions in-game for 15 minutes and extrapolating from there. Amount of items gained and used, XP, everything. So if have doubts, do your own measurements. I was in world 84 and had a noticable amount of latency, so the numbers may actually be smaller than the theoretical maximum. But they're based on real-world measurements nonetheless.
I also think it'd be a good idea to rename/move the pages to just "Making X potions" since it's not just the scroll of cleansing providing a benefit anymore and adding the portable well into the name would make it a bit of a mouthful. --Veikk0 16:16, November 7, 2017 (UTC)
Support combining[edit source]
Many of them are just duplicates with a different item, such as tanning leather, cleaning herbs, or killing a specific monster. I think a single page with a GEMW table at the bottom would be more beneficial than an individual page for each item.16:19, November 7, 2017 (UTC)
I agree with this. The ones in particular I were looking at were the crafting combinations runes. While they all are the same process, only mud runes are viable and sell well (due to ground mud runes being a herblore component. Dragonbornlol99 (talk) 06:09, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
Updated with new information[edit source]
I've been messing around with casting/making spiders' egg scrolls. Although its super boring, casting egg spawn does make good money, and the eggs get bought up pretty quick. However, I can't get my egg spawn scrolls to sell. Lowered the price to try to sell them and no dice.
I've also been trying looting ogre coffins. No one is selling ogre keys. No one. So maybe someone can check that out as a money making method? Also, the guide talks about the Raurg bones being important. Yeah they're worth a lot on the GE, but I've had no luck selling them. Lastly, it should be mentioned that the coffin can be lockpicked
Tanning Hides requires level 2 crafting[edit source]
Like the title says, tanning requires level 2 crafting. Not sure if you guys want to edit it in. 18.104.22.168 08:35, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
Killing gargoyles[edit source]
I propose a money making guide guide for gargoyles.
Im in the process of documenting my gargoyle runs and using them as basis for a gargoyle money making guide. with my method i reach up to 2.4 million gold per hour.
My math puts Salawa Akhs at just over 4m/h with the right set ups and factoring in gear and feathers. This page needs some serious updating. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:241:8703:9500:8830:FC67:1291:9B8D (talk) on 05:11, 2 February 2018.
killing ice troll with yak armour for balls of wool
Farming Marigold[edit source]
- You can do 4 marigolds every 20 min.
- Gives you 49,000 per run and an effective profit of 588,000 assuming 5 min time. This is at ge of 12,336
- Only requires level 2 farming
Expression error: Unexpected < operator.[edit source]
Getting a few of these errors and not sure how to go about helping out to fix this.
22.214.171.124 22:17, 7 January 2019 (UTC) Dgameman1
- Hi, this was apparently because some items had their names changed with the Mining and Smithing update, and the guides were trying to look up the prices of items using the wrong names. Most of those guides will probably need more updating since drop tables were changed with the Mining and Smithing rework, but the errors should be gone now at least. Thanks for bringing it up! 23:53, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
Money making guide/Vorago[edit source]
I've made a money making run-down guide on Vorago, the prices/profit are relatively accurate from countless hours of Vorago kills/runs done by myself and peers whome I've asked for more accuracy.
I'd like it to be revised for publishing to the main "money making guide" page if at all possible for public use. Thanks :)
Best MMG for F2p is mislabeled.[edit source]
The MMG for is titled as "Smelting and stringing amulet of power" but the guide is for making amulets of defense. I'm not sure which is more profitable, to be quite honest. Thank you.
- Fixed it. :) 10:24, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
Crafting Diamond Necklaces[edit source]
1176 Diamond Necklaces Made P/H
At date of submission Costs:
Diamonds 705 x 1176 = 829,080 gp
Gold 892 x 1176 = 1,048,992 gp
Total Cost= 1,878,072 gp
Diamond Necklace 2,543 x 1176 = 2,990,568 gp
Gross Profit = 2,990,568 gp
Total Net Profit:
Gross Profit - Total Cost : 2,990,568 - 1,878,072 = 1,112,496 gp
(Net Profit per necklace = 946)
(Net Profit Per Hour = 1176 x 946 = 1,112,496 gp)
1176 Necklaces P/H
Necklace Gives 90 xp Ea
1176 x 90 = 105,840 xp
Gp P/H = 1,112,496 gp
Xp P/H = 105,840 xp
Crafting Level = 56
Possible improvements to the Casting Ophidian Incubation page[edit source]
After making a fair amount of cockatrice eggs, I have noticed several improvements that could be made to the wiki page:
- Currently, the page assumes 2100 eggs are created per hour, with around 45 seconds per inventory. This number is, from my experience, significantly better. The ophidian incubation move seems to be on a two tick delay between activations, resulting in a peak efficiency of 3000 eggs per hours. Naturally, this is unattainable in practice due to banking time, mislicks, and other factors. However, through the use of presets, I have been consistently able to go though a 26 egg inventory in 40 seconds, and I am confident a more precise, skilled player can consistently do it on only 35 seconds. However, the method requires one full summoning potion per inventory. With the 40 second figure and increased summoning potion consumption, 2340 cockatrice eggs can be created per hour, for a total profit of 7,229,390.9. To achieve this:
- Create a preset with one four dose summoning potion, 26 ophidian incubation scrolls, and 26 eggs.
- With a spirit cobra summoned, and its special move keybound, withdraw the preset, then convert the eggs in your inventory. Whenever the cobra drops below 30 special move points, drink a dose of the summoning potion. You can do this between special move activations to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Repeat step 2 until out of eggs, scrolls, and/or summoning potions. If you finish an inventory with a dose of the potion left and significantly more than 30 special move points, there is no need to drink the remaining dose, and potions banked this way can be decanted and sold back for a slight increase in profit.
- At the time of this writing, spirit cobra pouches, ophidian incubation scrolls, summoning potions, and even snake hides required to create the pouches sell for significantly more than their Grand Exchange price. Fortunately, the same is true of cockatrice eggs, but it may be worth noting this as, depending on market prices, it may be profitable or desirable to create the pouches and scrolls needed from scratch.
- It should be noted that, instead of selling the eggs directly to the Grand Exchange, one may also craft them further into summoning potions for additional profit and Herblore experience.
- The sound of ophidian incubation can be heard by other players. Since the method only depends on the existence of a bank, it should be recommended that the player perform the method in a secluded location.
- Please do feel free to edit the page! You can find help on editing here. Should you wish to try out editing first, there's a sandbox available here (or you can create your own sandbox under your user page). If you do get stuck, you can ask others for help on the talk page for Money making guide/Casting ophidian incubation or in our Discord ^^ - Rawny (talk) 00:28, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
Teak, Arctic Pine, Maple and Mahogany Pyre Logs - Money Making Method[edit source]
So i noticed that there was a Magic Pyre Log money making method... but there isn't for all the other pyre logs.... I did some time tests and calculated these results:
In order to achieve these results: 1: You must have your bank preset to 16 (Teak, Arctic, Maple, or Mahogany) Logs, and 12 (4) Sacred Oils 2: Your average time to bank, extract logs + oil and make 16 pyre logs but be 25 seconds
Given this you should easily be able to achieve 2304 pyre logs in an hour (Requiring 2304 Teak, Arctic, Maple, or Mahogany longs and 1728 (4) Sacred Oils)
each pyre log made grants 14 fire making experience as well: 32256 in an hour (considering 2304 logs are made)
The current Estimated profit/h from these methods are as follows:
Teak Pyre Logs: 5,800,000 GP + 32,000 Fire Making Experience
Arctic Pine Pyre Logs: 5,400,000 GP + 32,000 Fire Making Experience
Maple Pyre Logs: 4,800,000 GP + 32,000 Fire Making Experience
Mahogany Pyre Logs: 4,400,000 GP + 32,000 Fire Making Experience
- Nice ones - I added those to the guide (now located at Money making guide/Making pyre logs) 05:33, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
This method gives an error message when trying to use sacred oil that is bought from GE and will not let you make pyre logs with the oil. "This oil doesn't seem fresh. You should make your own." NahSatan (talk) 19:56, 1 June 2019 (UTC)
- I can use oil I've bought, but I've heard other people bring this up too. Maybe the method requires (partial completion of) the Shades of Mort'ton quest? 20:55, 1 June 2019 (UTC)
Creating Sacred Oil - Money Making Method[edit source]
So there's a massive gap between the price of (4) olive oil [800 GP] and (4) Sacred Oil [10,300 GP]
So given you have 96 Summoning for the Pack yak, and have completed the quest *In Aid of the Myreque* in order to use the bank in Burgh de Rott, you can hop onto world 88 (The Shades of Mort'ton Minnigame World) and run between the bank and the Temple North of Morton and create Sacred Oil.
With My tests I was able to complete about 10 runs in an hour (6 Min a run) with 58 sacred Oil
This was done by killing groups of Lore Shades and repairing the temple during their re spawn
This can be rather intensive, especially if there are other players killing the shades, or if there aren't enough players to build the temple... but for the most part you can achieve about 580 (4) Sacred Oils an hour from doing this
This Means a Profit of around 5,500,000 GP
Additionally you can gain combat an crafting XP from killing the lore shades and rebuilding the temple
The Lore Shades also have the potential of dropping ghost hunter outfit pieces as well as the deplorable herb burner and cremation
- Hi, I wrote up a draft [[User:I Am Me/Sandbox/MMG/Sacred oil|over here]]. Does it look reasonable?
05:33, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- Yea, that looks more reasonable, making around 6 trips an hour (10 runs), just re did the timing myself and it looks much more realistic ^^, also nice improvement with the teleport method ^^ Rawrsy (talk) 09:03, 14 April 2019 (UTC)Rawrsy
- Didn't notice you'd responded, but the guide's (finally) up at Money making guide/Making sacred oil 20:11, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- Yea, that looks more reasonable, making around 6 trips an hour (10 runs), just re did the timing myself and it looks much more realistic ^^, also nice improvement with the teleport method ^^ Rawrsy (talk) 09:03, 14 April 2019 (UTC)Rawrsy
Scentless Potions and Shadow Jadinko[edit source]
There's a pattern to doing shadow jadinkos that I've noticed (and many others have as well). Once you figure out the patterns, and utilize the same start point (I think it's the southwestern most spot but I have to go back to confirm which corner - the one closest to the deposit box). Do that burrow and there are I believe 4 possible paths. Again, once you learn them and can execute with that knowledge, it takes about 30 seconds per shadow jadinko. That leads to up to about 120 shadow jadinko tails per hour. If you grow Argway in the meantime when you are offline, and eventually accumulate enough of the herbs, you can then craft scentless potions. With some of the efficiency scrolls as well, that makes this even better. But once you've collected the 120 tails in an hour, you spend probably 5-10 minutes actually making the potions and you'll make over 4 mil+ with efficiency scrolls. You need 71 hunter for the jadinkos, 59 herblore for the potion, 57 construction to build the abandoned house in the habitat, and 54 farming for the red blossoms.
- Nice suggestion, but there's already a guide for this at Money making guide/Making scentless potions. 17:08, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
money making - making Portent of restoration X[edit source]
Portent of restoration X is a portent created with level 97 Divination using 60 incandescent energy and 1 rocktail or using 25 memory shards, yielding 23.4 Divination experience. When a player's life points drop below 50%, this item will automatically heal 1725 life points if it is in the player's inventory and if the player has at least level 93 Constitution
input Incandescent energy 1.png Incandescent energy 60 221 13,260
Rocktail.png Rocktail 1 1,487 1,487 Total price 14,747
sale value per =17312
i have found it is about 2.5-3 mil per hour givin price and click time changes
- Hi, nice writeup. Does this look something like what you had in mind? 17:28, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
Divine-O-Matic Incandescent Wisps[edit source]
I tried to see if this is already a thing, as I missed with the shadow jadinkos, but the below is the detail for money-making via divine charges.
Required: 101 Invention for Divine-o-matic, 95 Divination for Incandescent Energy
Recommended: 99 Divination, Elder Divination Outfit, 81 Summoning for Nightmare Muspah Pouch use, 90 Fletching for Superior Energy Gathering Scrimshaw, Legendary Enrichment Aura, Divination Skill Cape, Ethereal Connection perk active from the Memorial to Guthix, (Grace of the Elves for a little extra reward),
Process: Go to the incandescent wisps location (five options listed for how to get there on the page). With the aura, summon, and scrimshaw active, and the divine-o-matic equipped with 100 empty divine charges, start siphoning. With all of the above recommended items and moderately paying attention, you can fill approximately 60 charges per hour. This will vary depending on effort as well as what of the above you have active, which will impact your earnings. This also is affected by whether you purchase or craft your own empty divine charges.
With that in mind, the value of 60 divine charges fully charged is approximately 3.4m an hour.
I created here for you [[Charging empty divine charges at incandescent wisps]]. Wondering if I should rename it idk.22:16, 1 June 2019 (UTC)
- Moved it, as it was in the wrong place. Money making guide/Charging empty divine charges at incandescent wisps 23:52, 1 June 2019 (UTC)
[Skilling Urns] Making Skilling Urns at Portable Crafters[edit source]
Soft Clay x 2.000 [611ea x 2.000] = 1.222.000
1) Mud Rune x 1.000 [812ea x 1.000] = 812.000 or 2) Earth Rune x 1.000 [24ea x 1.000] = 24.000 or 3) Fire Rune x 1.000 [100ea x 1.000] = 100.000 or 4) Nature Rune x 1.000 [423ea x 1.000] = 423.000 or 5) Water Rune x 1.000 [26ea x 1.000] = 100.000 or 6) Fire Rune x 1.000 [100ea x 1.000] = 100.000 or 7) Mind Rune x 1.000 [21ea x 1.000] = 21.000 or 8) Earth Rune x 1.000 [24ea x 1.000] = 24.000 or 9) Pure Essence x 1.000 [21ea x 1.000] = 21.000
1) Decorated Hunter Urn x 1.000 [4.243 x 1,000] = 4.243.000 or 2) Decorated Mining Urn x 1.000 [4.163 x 1.000] = 4.163.000 or 3) Decorated Cooking Urn x 1.000 [4.062 x 1.000] = 4.062.000 or 4) Decorated Farming Urn x 1.000 [4.033 x 1.000] = 4.033.000 or 5) Decorated Fishing Urn x 1.000 [3.969 x 1.000] = 3.969.000 or Decorated Smelting Urn x 1.000 [3.699 x 1.000] = 3.699.000 or 7) Decorated Divination Urn x 1.000 [3.866 x 1.000] = 3.866.000 or 8) Decorated Woodcutting Urn x 1.000 [3.971 x 1.000] = 3.971.000 or 9) Decorated Runecrafting Urn x 1.000 [4.060 x 1.000] = 4.060.000
Decorated Hunter Urn x 1.000 [4.243 x 1,000] = 4.243.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Mud Rune x 1.000 [812 x 1.000] = 812.000
Total Output: 4.243.000
Total Input: 2.034.000
Decorated Mining Urn x 1.000 [4.163 x 1.000] = 4.163.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Earth Rune x 1.000 [24 x 1.000] = 24.000
Total Output: 4.163.000
Total Input: 1.246.000
Decorated Cooking Urn x 1.000 [4.062 x 1.000] = 4.062.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Fire Rune x 1.000 [100 x 1.000] = 100.000
Total Output: 4.062.000
Total Input: 1.322.000
Decorated Farming Urn x 1.000 [4.033 x 1.000] = 4.033.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Nature Rune x 1.000 [423 x 1.000] = 423.000
Total Output: 4.033.000
Total Input: 1.645.000
Decorated Fishing Urn x 1.000 [3.969 x 1.000] = 3.969.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Water Rune x 1.000 [24ea x 1.000] = 24.000
Total Output: 3.969.000
Total Input: 1.246.000
Decorated Smelting Urn x 1.000 [3.699 x 1.000] = 3.699.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Fire Rune x 1.000 [100 x 1.000] = 100.000
Total Output: 3.699.000
Total Input: 1.322.000
Decorated Divination Urn x 1.000 [3.866 x 1.000] = 3.866.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Mind Rune x 1.000 [21ea x 1.000] = 21.000
Total Output: 3.866.000
Total Input: 1.243.000
Decorated Woodcutting Urn x 1.000 [3.971 x 1.000] = 3.971.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Earth Rune x 1.000 [24ea x 1.000] = 24.000
Total Output: 3.971.000
Total Input: 1.246.000
Decorated Runecrafting Urn x 1.000 [4.060 x 1.000] = 4.060.000 Soft Clay x 2.000 [611 x 2.000] = 1.222.000 Pure Essence x 1.000 [21ea x 1.000] = 21.000
Total Output: 4.060.000
Total Input: 1.243.000
A lot of the above values are incredibly off. You don't average 1,000 urns/hour; it's closer to 540-550 at a portable crafter. You also don't factor runes/essence into the cost since you don't add those yourself if you're selling urns. Additionally, it doesn't factor in the clay savings from using a crafter.
Can we get a filter to remove levels we dont have using a username submit box like on quests for example[edit source]
This would help a little bit but not sure how to implement or if its worth it 126.96.36.199 00:58, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
All money making guides that use Tipping bolts[edit source]
All of the money making guides on the site that use bolt tipping dont work. the fletching skill cape gives only works when you are making "bolts arrows or darts" Adding tips to them is seen as augmenting the ammo not making it so the skill cape will not work. On top of that it also says you can use a portable fletching to save tips this is not true as the only thing the fletcher saves is bolts (this can still save some money but not any amount that its worth doing for money)
For example i made 10k onyx bolts and ended up with 200 rune bolts left over and 10k onyx bolts made so this saved me the 200 rune bolts but thats not really that good the same goes for Fletching ascendri boltsMrInGameName (talk) 15:40, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
Improvements to potions making guides[edit source]
Almost all the potion money making guides can be improved on quite a bit.
These were the guides i could Find that can be improved on
Making fellstalk potions with scroll of cleansing Making toadflax potions with scroll of cleansing Making dwarf weed potions with scroll of cleansing Making weapon poison++ Making kwuarm potions with scroll of cleansing
1st of all the Modified botanist's mask has a 5% chance of making duplicate potions where duplicate potions are banked automatically. This ability stacks with both the Portable well and the scroll of cleansing. However, unlike the portable well, this mask is capable of making extra combination potions
second of all there is the factory outfit it has a 10% chance of creating 4-dose potions instead of 3-dose. This effect works with most tradeable potions, including juju potions, as well as overloads and extreme potions. This effect stacks with the 20% chance of making 4 dose prayer renewal potions while wearing Morytania legs 4 and also stacks with the 20% chance of making 4 dose super antifire while wearing the Desert amulet 4.
Both of these outfits can be gotten form the flash powder factory minigame.
In total you get 1 a 5% chance to get 2 potions form the mask (you can also get 150 vials of water are worth 9,300) 2 a 10% chance of creating 4-dose potions instead of 3-dose and it can stack with Morytania legs 4 and Desert amulet 4. "but only for 2 potions that are not really part of guides"
On a final note if you use 5 parts of the factory outfit Assuming boots, legs, body , gloves, helm creating unfinished potions will give the same amount of experience as cleaning the relevant herb in addition to the 1 XP usually gained from creating an unfinished potion. Although if you do this well making money you will lose out on the botanist's mask has a 5% chance of making duplicate potions and lose money MrInGameName (talk) 16:02, 14 August 2019 (UTC)MrInGameName
Creating Lumbridge teleports[edit source]
- Soft Clay
- Law Rune
- Elemental battlestaff(Not nessesary. Used in this method. Law Staff]] can be used for greater profits.)
Training Experience[edit source]
GP p/hr[edit source]
- Input1 = Soft Clay
- Input1num = 985 x 695gp = 684k gp
- Input2 = Law Rune
- Input2num = 985 x 391gp = 385k gp
- Output1 = Lumbridge teleport
- Output1num = 985 x 4500gp = 4432k gp
- Profit = 3.4m gp if sold at my LOWEST recommended price
- Location = PoH
- Category = Combat, Skilling ,Processing
- Members = Yes
- Intensity = AFK
You will be creating Varrock tablets with your level 47 construction Eagle Lectern. Without a butler you will have to make bank runs of some kind so BoB would be good as well as a bank teleport. On the other hand ownership of a Demon Butler will make the process afk with no need for any additionals(every 90 seconds you will have to right click your butler, and press 1 key on your keyboard to fetch your soft clay.Not only with the butler do this but he will allow you to make an infinite number of tablets at a rate of 26 per 95 seconds(I'm accounting for 5 additional seconds to reload your inventory from your butler. This should give us an approximate 985 tablets per hour that we will be aiming to sell at between 4500-5800gp. Totaling 4.443m-5.713m gp per hour. Almost completely afk. LMT (talk) 11:24, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
Can we load user account info?[edit source]
THe quest 'load user' stuff is really helpful - shows if you have the levels / quest-completion needed to take on a quest. Could a similar check be done for money making (e..g filter rows to stuff you can currently do?) 188.8.131.52 05:54, 27 October 2019 (UTC)
- I don't see why not. 10:18, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
Boss MMG guides[edit source]
Whether input costs should be a factor or not? it can be deceiving to filter with highest profit. Can we create something similar to "ovlcost" depending on what tier of armour, weapon you're using? This wouldn't be a bad idea for scrimshaws either as they substantially bring down profit. Perhaps making the inventory setup a part of the MMG table, i believe it would be more visually appealing and in some cases would give more detail if it's not already detailed in the guide.Habibi (talk) 06:49, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
Money Making[edit source]
I saw that there was a water trough right next to the combat academy bank that you can fill vials with. This could be a good money maker for new players starting to get into some money who don't want to kill chickens or kill bunnies.
Masterwork Smelting and Folding[edit source]
Currently the list only has entries for the final part of masterwork smithing, however, doing just this part relies on there being people who do the preceding steps the final part is also the one which has the most requirements to optimise thus I think there should also be entries for the smelting and folding processes, if nothing else because it may eventually increase in profitability to be worthwhile and so you can see what'd be the best use of your time while you wait for people to sell glorious barsArenuphis (talk) 19:25, 10 January 2020 (UTC)
Add columns "input" and "output" to the table[edit source]
Sometime, finding the best money making method according to our money in-game can be hard by reading this table, especially when you have not enough money as "input". Having some activity with a profit of 10M an hour could be cool, but if it requires 190M input to have 200M output, it might be not affordable, compared to an activity with a profit of 2M an hour, but with 400k input and 2.4M output.
It could offer another point of view that some poor people in-game could be very interested in.
Support for this! Bit of a necro-thread, but are there any updates on the possibility for this?
At the very least having inputs, because there are a number of new players with 0 cash stacks in F2P, however the top money maker for F2P is tanning hides requiring 150m for a full hour.
Split f2p and p2p guides[edit source]
MMG is very huge and load a huge amount of data. I came with the idea that P2P activities are, in general, really more profitable than F2P activities, that's why it has few sense to merge both in the same table.
I think we should have MMG (F2P) and MMG (P2P), and remove the column "Member" to have less data to load for each page. The link into the left menu could redirect to a generic page where the user could choose F2P or P2P (like for "Skill Training" page), or, if you want to keep the numbers of clicks, you could dupe them, one for F2P and other for P2P.
What is your opinion on this?
Thank you, Regards,
I support this. This split would help a lot with this issue I've noticed a lot in the past (though I'm not sure if this issue is still common): when looking at f2p methods, oftentimes the guide will describe a maximum efficiency p2p version of that method, and the posted profit rate would be for this most efficient (p2p) method, but since the activity can be done on f2p (less efficiently) it will be marked f2p. AdSpace4Sale (talk) 00:00, 22 May 2020 (UTC)
Money making[edit source]
Hi. I found a good way of making money via mining gems at Shilo Village. The rate is between 1.5-1.7. Gem bag is a big help to cut down on making trips to the bank.
2601:483:C300:FCC0:6472:209A:354C:B531 01:43, 10 March 2020 (UTC) miner
Misleading profit on killing Nightmares[edit source]
Currently the profit on killing Nightmares assumes 400 kills per hour on a slayer task. Off task, the profit margin drops by 4 million gp. Nightmare tasks aren't guaranteed at all times so the method of earning gp from Nightmares is misleading and quite frankly not something that can be maintained for several hours when compared to methods like runecrafting and killing bosses. Either the page title needs to be edited to add "on task" to the title, or the profit should be adjusted. As of now, there's just one line in the page, mentioning the drop in profit off-task. JasonGrace 19:14, 20 March 2020 (UTC)
Arch can make good money, as I'm sure people are aware, and articles may or may not be written as I speak. However, I wrote up a draft for Completing the Zarosian I Collection, as an example.
Great question! Depends on RNG (rolling the current artefacts) and attention paid to the Time Wisp rotations. For me personally it varies wildly between one to two sets completed per hour, so for safety, in the guide, I wrote for one set per hour.
Incandescent energy with Divine conversion relic[edit source]
Hi! I have created a page on harvesting incandescent energy with the new Divine Conversion relic from archaeology. It is a bit redundant with the existing Incandescent energy page but I followed the example of RC (with Abyss/non-Abyss having their separate pages) as it has a considerable additional requirement (98 Archaeology). https://runescape.wiki/w/Money_making_guide/Harvesting_incandescent_energy_with_Divine_Conversion_relic I currently have no idea how to add it to the main table though: can anyone teach me how to do it? 1ryb (talk) 02:30, 20 April 2020 (UTC)
Money-making guides[edit source]
- If you click the table headers, it will sort the table by that column. 08:51, 11 August 2020 (UTC)
Money making guide / Solak[edit source]
I've made the money making guide for Solak. Any feedback is welcome. I don't see it yet on the money-making guide page.
https://runescape.wiki/w/Money_making_guide/Killing_Solak --NotClose (talk) 20:04, 12 August 2020 (UTC)
Spirit Weed Incense Sticks - Firemaking[edit source]
I didn't do any per hour calculations because it's pretty time consuming and I'm about just making as much bank as I can. But you can still buy 2000 willow logs (994k gp), 2000 impious ashes (5.6m), and 1000 clean spirit weeds (18m) and sell the finished product of 1000 spirit weed incense sticks for 35,547,000.
I'd prefer to just cut willows until 2000 but buy the ashes/herbs to maximize profit, because I haven't found any orders of the basic willow incense sticks or the impious willow incense sticks.
Added one more skilling method for smithing to make a decent profit.[edit source]
I see the Smithing elder rune + 5 items (Skilling) on the main page for money making guides, but I don't see it on the page dedicated to skilling money making guides. Excalibur (talk) 05:44, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, I misunderstood. The page needed to be added to a category in order to make it appear on the skilling section of the MMG. For future reference, adding [[Category:MMG/Skilling]] will add a page to the skilling section of the MMG. You can also find a larger list of subcategories at [[Category:Money Making Guides]]. Ruud10K 23:41, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
Split methods between on-task and off-task, add a slayer section.[edit source]
I'm adding some ideas here that could improve this list, and I would not mind helping implement them, but I don't know if it's in the spirit of this page.
Maybe we can split guides in on-task and off-task.
Many of the high-profit non-boss combat guides require you to be on-task for a majority of the profit.
Some methods are not interesting off-task, because they don't drop anything valuable, while other methods are still nice and get a bonus when on-task.
Since we don't have control over which tasks we get consistently (max 1 each day through masks and Master slayer cape), these methods clutter up the list.
The category of the on-task methods could be changed to Slayer/High-mid-low instead of Combat/High-mid-low.
It might be even better to make an apart section like Recurring methods, because it's only relevant for choosing which slayer task you spend your daily task on, or checking whether a task is worth doing.
Expected profit on-task is 14M/h, off-task is 10.5M/h (3.5M/h is from ascension grips, which are dropped on task only).
This is an example of a method that is still profitable off-task.
Killing moss golems
Expected profit on-task is 11.7M/h, off-task is 2.3M/h (13.4M/h is from cinderbane gloves and ancient elven ritual shards, which drop 1/1500 on-task and 1/5000 off-task, so then it'd be 4M/h).
This is an example of a method that is not really interesting off-task.
Killing Edimmu with Ranged
This does not even work off-task, so maybe it should be renamed to Killing Edimmu with Ranged (On Task)?
This method lists 20M/h, which is technically correct, but it requires 450 kills, and Laniakae assigns between 170 and 265 per task.
Maybe this could be solved with the special slayer section, where it can list the expected profit and duration for an average (or min-max) task.
This also seems like a good solution: it is listed as the off-task profit (9.4M/H), and in the guide it also adds that on-task, the profit would be 17.5M.
Glorious bars for money making[edit source]
I suggest adding glorious bar smithing to the money making guide. it can be quite time eating if mining most of the ore and smithing all the way to glorious. but the profit is quite high and you can semi afk it Zen-ter (talk) 20:34, 16 January 2021 (UTC)
Screening soil[edit source]
The requirements should be 99 Archaeology (120 Recommended) and not 110+ Archaeology Recommended, since 99 is required to wear the elite outfit and get its -33% screening time and +7% screening success. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2600:1702:2530:60e0::1c (talk) on 02:37, 29 January 2021 (UTC).
- It could be that the drops are significantly better at 110 vs. 99. I can't remember if level affects the rate of materials you can get. ɳex undique 02:42, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
Screening soil[edit source]
Since i'm screening soil for the yak track i was wondering how much money it would be an hour so I checked the Wiki for it. The way it is explained in the wiki is with a waterfiend and porters. Since porters are 1k+ ea i was wondering if there could be an updated version using pack yak and the master archaeologist outfit. I think the gp/hour will be much more since u don't have to pay for the porters and get much more items with the outfit. Even though u need to bank since u're not using porters it might be 12M/hour or something. If it would be more money/hour is someone capable of making the calculations and making it a money making guide? Moneykorneel (talk) 12:08, 9 March 2021 (UTC) MoneyKorneel
Tabulation of similar methods[edit source]
Essentially the list is becoming heavily poluted by copy pasta of the same methods, can we have the methods tabulated like - https://runescape.wiki/w/Money_making_guide/Crafting_diamond_jewellery#Necklaces . I would happily do this myself if someone can show me how/link me to where to learn. Articales that currently need this - rest of crafting, cleaning herbs ect Reloct (talk) 08:58, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
Herb cleaning guides & herblore cape[edit source]
There are numerous guides for cleaning the many types of dirty herbs that are worth more clean than dirty. Most of these predate the addition of the instant-cleaning ability to the herblore cape. Currently many of these guides have the cape noted as being able to quickly clean the herbs as a recommendation, but a number of them have been created or updated to list a required level of 99 and removed the lower level that the herbs can be cleaned with.
How should these guides be handled? Should the old, slower, but more accessable method remain the primary one, with the cape listed as an option? Should the level 99 cape method replace the old? Or perhaps should the level 99 method form its own new page while the classic low level manual cleaning method remains on the current pages? HyperionXV (talk) 08:34, 10 April 2021 (UTC)