Talk:Mod Dolan's rubber duck
Information appears incorrect[edit source]
The page says that Mod Dolan's rubber duck is obtained by doing something during the summer event but his twitter quotes say something entirely different:
1. "Yeah players have been able to get it since the 27th of April"
2a. "there is just 1 requirement. The duckie is related to content I worked on"
2b. "I work on MTX"
The day of the update we had 2 MTX updates, the spring cleaner and the legendary pet abilities with the drakes update. So using another quote from his twitter "it never technically drops to the ground but you do pick it up" mixed with another "it will appear in your inventory with 1 other item" and finally the fact that it won't drop from a monster I think we can surmise that the spring cleaner is eliminated since it requires monsters slain which leaves us with the forage ability which was modified with the update.220.127.116.11 04:41, June 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Your conclusion seems off. If the JMod says "it never technically drops to the ground but you do pick it up", a monster drop is still possible, afaik the spring cleaner will break it down and move it to the bank, and a pet's ability to pick up loot automatically both prevent the item from actually touch the ground. IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:03, June 30, 2015 (UTC)
- anyone know how to get it yet? -- 07:44, June 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Well nothing from the spring cleaner appears in your inventory and all the items with the scavenge ability drop to the ground before your pet picks them up. Plus Mod Dolan confirmed that the duck would not be dropped by monsters which eliminated both the spring cleaner and scavenge ability anyways. But my conclusion was off regardless since I didn't expect it to be the compost ability.22.214.171.124 00:51, July 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Well multiple people could just use the beta and keep re-importing until they get it. But as it's twice the rarity of a champion's scroll, I doubt anyone would continue it for a long enough time to get the item(s). Ryan PM 01:02, July 1, 2015 (UTC)
It gave me the drop on the first super compost I shovelled up that hour. I ended with 1 duck and 5 supercomposts instead of 6 supercomposts. So it seems to be 6:10000 per ability use. Also it does not give a chatbox message when it appears. --Jlun2 (talk) 16:04, September 1, 2016 (UTC)
Can I still get Mod Dolan's rubber duck to unlock title?[edit source]
Can I still get Mod Dolan's rubber duck from my pet dung to unlock the "Totally Quackers" title now even though the Summer Beach Party 2015 event has ended?
09:42, April 20, 2016 (UTC)