- Is it possible to buy a membership with a visa gift card?
- No clue earth(t)
- Yea, you just have to set up the details online. Better alternative to paybycash :P However.. For some reason, the second time I used one there were weird fees and it ate my monnies o.O 00:11, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
you will need to resubscribe if you renew credit card[edit source]
--Dark Paladin X 12:39, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yea, its like that for everything that any particular card is used for that has billing on a recurring basis.In one way its kinda weird, since the number does not change. Its a real pain when you have 4 or 5 cards paying tons of stuff and you don't notify each company of the renewal.
Don't see it.[edit source]
What is one-off? I don't see it at the durations on the Runescape website.
Paypal virtual Mastercard suggestion[edit source]
I added the virtual Mastercard suggestion in the Paypal section. Someone might want to add more details, though. Please write on my talk page if you'd like to know more. This is currently how I pay; I have a Paypal account, linked to my bank account, and Paypal gave me a virtual Mastercard number, and then I use it just like a credit card for membership. When Jagex charges $6 to the virtual credit card, it takes $6 out of my Paypal account. No reason to pay $7.50! I also have not seen anyone else talk about this trick, so I don't think it's widely known. Spread the word if you are using Paypal or know people who are; don't pay that extra $1.50 a month!! -Ricky28269
- Your idea virtually opens up a large audience of possible members with bank accounts but no credit. I would even forward this into a forum on the Jagex Site to lets others know (as ftp can still read them). I didn't know PayPal offered this.
My dad pays for my Runescape membership with his paypal or credit card or something. I don't have a registered email, so if put my email there, will it affect my dad's paypal or credit card or whatever getting charged monthly?
--Andrew-996 16:08, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- No, it an email should not affect anything to do with membership. Although, if anything happens, don't come back here blaming me . Read the page carefully when registering your email. Cheers, Chicken7 >talk 16:11, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
The lifetime subscription section[edit source]
I think the mention of Jagex entraping players by offering lifetime subscriptions to show them how to reproduce some glitch only to ban them probably isn't accurate and should be struck. It would be unconscionable for them to do such a thing and I can't imagine any company with a business to run would engage in that sort of overt unethical behavior. I think that section should be struck unless some come citable evidence can be found. How many lifetimes subscriptions has Jagex handed out, any at all, or is this just a rumor? If there is no facts about it, we should strike it from the page.
Kvetchus 20:05, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
On the Partyhat duplication glitch page it states "Eventually, Jagex offered a lifetime RuneScape membership for whoever could tell them how the bug worked, with multiple players coming forward and explaining it to them. This allowed for Jagex to disable the glitch. Only the first player to reveal how the glitch worked was rewarded, with all other users who abused the glitch permanently banned." 188.8.131.52 23:26, June 30, 2010 (UTC)Nicholas4132
If you don't login on a members server (and/or F2P server), do you still lose a credit for each day you don't play? -- DarkNITE 02:11, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. TQZISFrwojy 23:26, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
Fee reduction over time[edit source]
Someone should clarify the information regarding the current cost ($7.95 US, by credit card), and how that fee reduces over time (if it actually does). It says the $5.95 price drops to $5.00 if you subscribed for 12+ months, but that's old info. I've looked at the actual site and they don't say much. Since they don't advertise the fee reducing I would imagine it doesn't happen anymore, but regardless of that I think the last few sentences need to be clearer (in the pay by credit card section). --Shockstorm (talk) 02:27, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
I dont think the price actually gets lower over time. The membership price does stay the same if you stay member when the price changes. I for example still pay 4.60euro/month as it was in 2008. Skillbert ii (talk) 13:07, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
International Fees[edit source]
When I paid membership fees using my Visa card, I was charged a small International Transaction Fee. Does such a fee apply if paying through Paypal? If not, this should be mentioned in the Paypal section as an advantage. --F-Lambda (talk) 06:26, June 1, 2017 (UTC)
Intermitent Membership: effects on Gameplay ?[edit source]
Page would benefit from having a section on intermitent subscription section. This should answer such questions as:
- What happens to member skills after a subscription lapses? Are they reduced in effect to F2P limits? With resubscription, do they resume, or only can be releveled again?
- What are various plans for usage of subscription, and what prep might be relevant? Examples: banked resources for developing skills; quest prerequisites met for particular quest chain; etc. Different pkay styles might prefer dfferent sorts of plans (or none). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Tester (talk) on 12:20, 12 November 2020 (UTC).