Talk:Master runecrafter robes
Will this set of robes be available for both F2P and P2P? 18.104.22.168 06:54, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Nobody knows yet, apart from JaGex. Nothing was said in the newspost, but personally I hope of course that it will be available for both, as the Great Orb Project is one of the few F2P minigames. 22.214.171.124 09:44, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- it would be nice that I can upgrade my rc robes right now in f2p. Extreme133 12:16, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Most likely it will be f2p since they have recently been going on a members content shove in f2p players face streak with veterans cape, katanas, loyalty programme, and whatnot. 126.96.36.199 03:03, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- such a pity that it's for mems, but then again I'm not surprised to see that. Extreme133 15:41, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I too am very disappointed. 188.8.131.52 07:51, August 9, 2011 (UTC) Anonymous
- As am I Musashi Miyamoto 07:20, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Weird... When I checked it in-game, the master runecrafter robes were for F2P too (sadly, I don't have the 15000 tokens required to buy any piece =P). And the KB says nothing about it being for membs too. Maybe another miscommunication at the Jagex headquarters? 14:50, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
- As am I Musashi Miyamoto 07:20, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Release Date[edit source]
This is wrong, the date on the concept art refers to the 8th of July, clearly some American has read this and not thought about the real way to present a date. The 8th of July will have been when that concept art was originally drawn. As this was mentioned last in the BTS, preceded by the 'Finally this month' tag will mean that they will be released on either the 24th or 31st of August
- I took it out. But remember, you can edit the page as well ;) ɳex undique 18:22, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- "Finally this month" is not the same as the end of the month. In context here what it actually means is that it is the last thing(s) mentioned in the upcoming updates.
Yep they're p2p, not a big surprise either
Master robes aid in GOP activity too?[edit source]
I was wondering if these robes will also aid the player in attrecting/repelling green/yellow orbs, etc, or not? Does anybody know? Thanks18:25, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
Are these worth it?[edit source]
I heard somewhere that assumeing you are useing the ZMI Altar, 99 runecrafting takes about 38 hours for the adverage player so I was thinking that if it takes 20 hours to get these robes, are they even worth the time?Mu695 22:08, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
38 hours from what level?! Considering the max exp rate you can expect from the ZMI Altar is about 55k per hour (and this is when you're level 98/99) it is going to take you about 20 hours per million experience for the majority of your levelling. This means it should take well over 200 hours to get 99 runecrafting, which seems much more likely. Since you are only receiving 102.5% experience with this full set of robes, they don't even seem to save 10 hours of your total training time. So you are right to think they are not worth the time; still not sure where 38 hours comes from though! Nytik 01:13, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- This point seems worth noting so I added it to the article. However what I wrote doesn't take into account any runecrafting experience earned while playing the minigame by crafting the essence given after each round; does anyone have an idea how much runecrafting xp 20 hours of GOP could potentially bring in? Stewbasic 00:31, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Keep in mind, you still get XP while playing GOP if you still craft runes. I'd say "worth" depends on when you get the set. A player at level 50-60 may find the set worthwhile to get versus a player in the 90's. If you also plan on doing Astrals or Tiara/Talisman Crafting (did anyone verify if you get the bonus doing Tiaras), then the issue of not being able to wear a Omni/Talisman Tiara is negated. (If you can craft Talisman Tiaras, then you are already carrying what you need to enter the altar)
Glitch at ZMI?[edit source]
Has anyone else actually got these robes and used them at the ZMI? I keep getting a glitched ammount of xp, like 0.3 bonus xp when i craft 400xp worth of runes at the ZMI! I have worked out i think it only gives bonus xp for the first kind of rune you happen to make, and none for the rest. Otherwise this gear works fine. Can anyone else find out if its just me?
- It's not just you, I'm only getting a tiny amount of bonus xp at ZMI also.
- Me aswell, im only getting 0.3-0.5 bonus exp per altar click at ZMI. Is this a glitch or is supposed to work like this?
- After doing some calculations, i found out that the bonus exp at ZMI is correct, but that it's not shown like it should be in the exp counter. I added this to the Trivia.
- Here are some figures from one trip that support this:
- Runes crafted: 1 fire, 2 death, 4 cosmic, 1 air, 2 water, 2 law, 3 chaos, 1 astral, 3 body, 1 soul, 2 nature, 1 earth, 1 mind
- XP displayed and earned: 394 + 0.2
- Normal xp earned at ZMI for these runes: 385.5
- Adding on full robes bonus of 2.5% comes to 395.13xp.
- It does look like the glitch is in how the xp is displayed, rather than how it is calculated.
- Egdcltd 09:48, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
The article states: "As each runecrafting guild token is worth one Pure essence, the tokens could be valued at 52 coins, the price of one pure essence. In that way, each part of the master runecrafter robes could be valued at 780,000 coins, for a total of 3,120,000 for the whole set. Because of this value, some players choose to buy essence instead of the robes"
While this is correct, it is not taking into account that the tokens are worth more, if spent on water talismans.
They may not have been worth more at the instant in time this section was written, but they are often worth more, having a G.E. price ranging from sub 1k ea, at the peak of bots flooding the market, to a top peak of sale through G.E. of 24.88k during the double xp weekend. Though I know they could be sold slightly higher, on forums, I think the G.E. is a better and more citable source.
Even by the G.E. prices, it would therefore range from roughly 1.2m (below pure ess) to 29,856,000 (well above even the peak of pure ess prices).
In conclusion, I think that adding a water talisman-linked alternatve price, would serve people better in their wishing to see the 'worth' of the robes. At current G.E. prices (see dat oof post). 6,917 ea, that would be 8,300,400 total. The pure essence is 3,120,000
Sorry, I edited it, because I had accidentally split the previous topic in half, I just had to move this one to below the 2nd half of the above. 184.108.40.206 15:44, August 21, 2013 (UTC)
Do we lose this if we get PKed while skulled from the abyss[edit source]
A newcomer posted (edit # 19235487) a question on the article itself. It was quickly reverted, but I feel the talk page might tolerate such content better, if they made it less obnoxious. Here is therefore, the original question posed, with the annoyingly superfluous formatting such as underline, bold, italic, and all caps shouting removed, punctuation and grammar fixed, and sentence structure somewhat restored:
Trying to make an important update that may affect the course of action when it comes to training abyss rcing: Warning! Someone needs to figure out what happens in the event that someone is killed while wearing these during abyss runecrafting while skulled. Like, by pkers. Do they have to reobtain them or can they get them back for free somehow? In addition, what effect does the infinity ethereal suit have on this? This is an important concern because it may determine if people wait until they can train invention before getting this. Because if the ethereal suit allows them to keep it despite being killed, it would make more sense to be safe than sorry by getting the suit from invention first.
Toy box and gaining experience[edit source]
The page used to read "Any full ethereal outfit allows the player to benefit from the Master runecrafter robes' experience boost, as long as the robes are stored in the bank or player-owned house (use the Armour case, don't use the Toy box which are items kept by Diango and would lose the experience boost)." Someone on discord says that it now works when in the toy box. If anyone has a date of when this fix occurred, please add it to the update history. ɳex undique 01:39, 24 April 2020 (UTC)