Talk:Maple shieldbow (sighted)
It really seems like this maple longbow (sighted) isn't overpowered in F2P (pvp), actually it looks like it is worse than the short one. For instance, killing a greater demon with it takes approximately 5% more time than with shortbow (tested it). It may work better against rune fuller but anyway the advantage wont be very high.
One advantage is that you can wear full rune while still having a decent ranged attack bonus (more than +90 if you equip an amulet of power etc) which does help in pvp (especially against other rangers, helps slightly against meleers, also helps in training, less need for safespots etc), try that in the clan wars white (safe) portal :D The accuracy + defense make up for the lack of speed IMO. --7821291 13:55, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
thanks good to know!
5% slower in killing? well i can live with that, because it also saves more arrows than the shortbow.
the ranged attack bonus with the maple longbow in f2p is with power amulet green dragon hides and all is approximately 150. which is huge, can you hit through rune armour with that?
126.96.36.199 12:22, April 30, 2010 (UTC)Slasher
Sighted Maple Longbow's Speed[edit source]
This page says the sighted maple longbow's speed is 4, while the weapon speeds page cites the speed of sighted longbows as 5. What is the true speed of a sighted maple longbow? I wouldn't think adding a sight would increase its attack speed, but I don't know for sure.
- The reason for the discrepancy is probably the recent rumor (being tested) that the sight actually speeds it up a tick from 4 to 5. This is technically unconfirmed, but allegedly some websites have done studies and proved it (number of arrows shot per minute, and such). Wehttam.bassist 05:52, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
- It's been confirmed, the longbow sighted fires slightly faster, identical to composite bows. 188.8.131.52 17:38, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
PVP World Usage[edit source]
This weapon is not popular in PVP Worlds because of its alchemy value. It will usually be lost upon death. Please consider revising that statement.
Items kept on death[edit source]
It might be useful to add information of common pking items that are not saved over the longbow so that it may be used in pking without the risk of losing it. 184.108.40.206 17:40, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- This update has since changed this. Would somebody look into this?Walrus068 20:07, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- the sight alone is valued at 5k on the items kept on death items screen, what is the value of this sighted maple longbow in the items kept on death screen?
- finally found out, so for once i will help runewiki back! its 5.3k (maple long bow (sighted))