Magical Ranged tested[edit source]
Ok, I have a few conclusions about Magical ranged, after having experienced combat with Waterfiends:
- Protect from Magic negates their Magic attack, but not their Magical ranged attack.
- Protect from Ranegd negaates their Magical ranged attack.
- Ranged defence has no effect, only Magic defence.
I could be wrong, but hey, I am human. Wejer 11:36, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Other Monsters[edit source]
Revenants freeze ou with their ranged attack (looks like a dart rather then the magic attack's skull), is that a Magical Ranged attack? Steam Punker 06:17, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
I don't have any proof that they are or aren't, but the fact that they can use all corners of the combat triangle would suggest that a magical ranged attack would be redundant. What I do know that protect from range causes them to stop using it, but I haven't tested damage effects with high-magic defence armor.13:24, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sure its normal ranged. When I revenant hunt, I wear full melee armour (verac's helm and skirt, torag's body, dragonfire shield if not using a godsword, my magic defence is below +20 ish); I get decimated by the dark beast and higher's magic attack. However, if I use protect from/deflect magic then I can tank them fairly easily - if it were magical ranged then surely I would be decimated by that too, like their normal magic attack. Therefore I believe its normal ranged, so based on the sizeable ranged defence of the armour. 14:03, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
What leech curse?[edit source]
Okay, when soloing graardor I was wondering what leech curse would help against a magical ranged attack. Could anyone help me out? 126.96.36.199 10:28, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Leech Magic will raise your magic defence, which will help against the magical ranged attack, and the magic attack of the minion. Leech Defence will also do this, to a lesser extent - though worth using due to the large defence drain to Graardor. However, I'd pick Turmoil over those due to the very large boost to melee combat for a reasonable drain rate. 17:57, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
Damage absorbtion[edit source]
What type of damage absorbtion absorbs magical ranged attacks? Ranged or magic?