Talk:Mage Training Arena
Put in on top: "This is not to be confused with the mage arena" The mage arena has that. --Wiiwantxbox 00:37, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
Is this an member minigame? --126.96.36.199 20:40, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Need a tester[edit source]
The enchanting section mentions that less xp is rewarded. Needs to list what the actual xp given. From testing I've seen that level 3 enchant gives 44xp per enchant instead of the 59 usually recieved for level 3. Can someone test to see if the xp is higher for the higher level enchants, and post it here so we can get the ratio of reduction listed?
This is what found out after some testing. I cast each spell up to level 5 at least twice to test for halves.
Level 1: 13.0 experience points
Level 2: 28.0 experience points
Level 3: 44.0 experience points
Level 4: 50.5 experience points
Level 5: 58.5 experience points
According to this trend Level 6 would give 73 experience points
--Tharkon 13:09, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Nubricon 04:41, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
which nub altered this??? it no longers tell u any info on what points u get for fruit, ill be checking this later Bob2006ty(RUNESTORM333) talk 14:59, 28 January 2008 (UTC) it was fine as it was. plz go get involved elsewhere hueva u hav messed up the article.
Telekinetic Theatre[edit source]
This section says, "However, the maze total is recorded as long as the player does not leave the Arena." But I've noticed that I can leave the arena in the middle of doing five mazes, and when I come back, the room remembers how many I have completed. Say, I leave the arena after doing 3 mazes, when I return to the arena, it tells me I have done 3 mazes. Should we change this section? Horsehead 16:33, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- Sure. Just make sure that you've confirmed it at least twice, and that it's not a bug. 17:34, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- It happens each time, but I don't know if it is a bug or not. Horsehead 05:12, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- I just checked again to see if the total stays the same, and it does, so I made the change. Horsehead 13:58, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Confirming this; went away and came back, points still there after completing 4 runs.--188.8.131.52 23:27, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Also, with regards to the 'pessimistic' estimate for required law runes, is this really accurate? Theoretically I suppose that it's possible to get a 10-move maze every time, but some things that I've noticed while training in the maze are:
- 1. There are only two 10-move mazes.
- 2. It appears that the maze is different every time (you never get the same maze twice in a row), decreasing the likelihood of a high number of 10-movers.
- 3.In practice, it is therefore incredibly unlikely to get a large number of high-move mazes, and a more appropriate number to work around would be 9 laws per maze. This would bring the total cost per 18-point run down to 35 laws, instead of 40, and when going for high-point spending (infinity robes) this is a significant saving on laws.
Merely my observations. Don't want to change this without a second opinion, but feel free to if this makes sense to you.--Jjakajoep 23:39, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Assuming every maze has an equally high chance of appearing, then an average of 8.3 law runes is used per maze. For easy calculating, that's 83 law runes per 10 mazes. For every 5 mazes completed 10 law runes are granted, so 63 law runes are needed for 10 mazes, which give 36 pizzaz points. That makes the cost per pizzaz point 707 coins. 15:00, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Telekinetic Theatre Maps[edit source]
- This seems to be a bad idea, they stretch the page out too much. And I haven't even finished every puzzle yet. I think that this should have its own page. 19:34, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
Creature Graveyard[edit source]
I removed the cosmic rune as a reward in this room because the RuneScape manual doesn't list it—"For every sixteen bananas that are deposited in the walls you will be awarded with either a water, earth, nature, death or blood rune"—and I've never received a cosmic rune in the room, only in the enchanting chamber. I also reorganized this section to put all the ways you can heal yourself together. Horsehead 14:22, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
I haven't made any edits but feel comfortable providing this info. The regeneration brace should be added as a way to heal over time. Gentleway 20:23, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Alchemist's Playground[edit source]
In the rewards section, it says, " ... and 1 coin (deposited to the player's bank) for every 100 deposited."
But the Runescape manual says: "... and 10% of the converted coins that will be deposited straight into your bank once you leave the Alchemists' Playground."
Which is 10 coins (deposited to the player's bank) for every 100 deposited. I'm going to make the change, but if I got the math wrong, please revert.
Horsehead 22:22, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
Last time I was in the Creature Graveyard I got 75 points for 1000 fruits deposited. I don't know how exactly but there must be a way to get more then 1 point per 16 fruit. Either that or the message I got upon exit was incorrect. --Tharkon 12:53, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
I found the problem, the messages states there were at least 1000 fruits deposited. --Tharkon 13:54, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Alchamy Shortcut?[edit source]
What if you brought your own coins into the playground? Could you place them into the Coin Collectior? That would be a cheaper way to get pazzas points State Travel 23:58, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
You need to mention normal spellbook at the TOP of this article! I had to ctrl f halfway through the document to even get any hint that normal book was required; should be mentioned right after safe minigame.
More helpful advice would be helpful...[edit source]
Each section, although much less so on the maze one, needs more explanation as to what is required and what will be helpful. Prayer pots and rapid restore are really not economical or very effective, while playing I noticed eating and bone collecting can be done as one, so one could convert 3-5 bones, eat some while gathering more, deposit the remaining food and then deposite a full inventory from the bones. Thus deposing 50-75% more fruit in basically the same time as gathering is 1 tic per 2 bones.
Also enhanced excalibur is insanely helpful there.
Alchemy should mention bring nature and fire staff.
Enchant lava staff and cosmics.
And for the graveyard mud staff and natures.
While somewhat easy to figure out once inside, it requires every player make a trip with everything then bank the unnecessary items as inventory space is essential for all but the mazes.
Easy points[edit source]
For anyone needing enchantment points, I'd advise world hoping and picked up the dragon gems. On off days it isn't too hard to get 6 dragon gems per hop and with level 4 enchant that is 48 points per hop for the minimum cost input and time I think. I'd add it to the page but I'm not great at writing articles.
Creature Graveyard costs[edit source]
It says "one pizzaz point gains 10.2 round 0) coins." Does this mean 10.2 coins for 1 point? 184.108.40.206 18:45, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Tabber for different tiers of diary (that affect cost of rewards)?[edit source]
I've noticed the article has a table with rewards and their respective points, but it assumes you have the hard desert achievements completed Could the Tabber Extension somehow be used to have tabs for each tier of desert achievements? If I knew how I would but I see it's using the Pizzaz Points Rewards Template so I don't think I'd be able to change the values per tab