Chances of getting top[edit source]
I am wondering whether or not the comment about the chances of the top being the same as the other peices is true. Besides the fact that the other peices have comments to the contrary on their pages, I would really have had to have had remarkably bad luck for this. Currently, I have 12 boots, 5 hats, and 5 legs. If it truely were random for each item, then I should have had a 0.000000000006% (rounded up) chance of not getting the top by now. I realize that this plays right into the point, but the odds are a bit steep... Mjc3 21:04, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure myself. Wearing full lumberjack while woodcutting does garner a fair bit of attention... one guy I spoke to had around 40 boots, which was insane. Others have 10-15 boots. Myself, I believe I was quite lucky, I have (or had, I dropped 4) five boots, and one of each other item. I actually got top before hat! Hope that helps. 22:01, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- My hunt for the full lumberjack costume is a bit more drastic. The very first few times I did Temple Trekking was only for getting to Burgh de Rott quickly. And the very first time I got undead lumberjack event, I got the top. But then I dropped it thinking I already had 99 Woodcutting.
- Just a few days ago I started to collect armour sets for collection in my house. The first 3 undead lumberjack events got me: Boots, then hat, then the leg. Then I went 3 straight days of nothingness except those I already got. But then someone (Powerbunny1) suggested that one should drop ALL duplicate items and bring only 1 piece of each to the Temple Trekking. The thread starter tried it and got the top in 4 tries. So I tried it too, and I also got the top in 3 tries (the first 2, surprisingly, also gave me legs, which are also somewhat rare compared to hat and boots).
- So I'm wondering if Mod Sallyd's statement about the drop rate should be partially true, because there are still people out there who are having a hard time getting leg or top part without using the method I mentioned. Red X 226 07:53, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- Removed from inside another user's comment:
- "[note: the actual odds of this outcome is 0.75^22, or about 1/170 if each of of four items has an equal chance of being obtained at every encounter. This is because you actually have a 3 in 4 chance of not getting a specific item at each opportunity, in this case the top]" —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 19:28, June 17, 2009.
- Diff link. Thanks, 18:45, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
From the official forums at http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?72,73,186,58012973,goto,20:
Mod Mat K Jagex Mod
12-Aug-2009 17:16:15 Hi guys,
We have just checked the code again and I can say that the Lumberjack Top is more difficult to get than the other items. But you seem to have guessed that already anyway.
I wish you well in your search for one.
To3cutt3r 01:07, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Drop all extra clothes theory[edit source]
- One instance is not enough to determine if the hypothesis (drop all extra items → increased chance of a top) is true or you just got a top by chance. 18:05, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
does ring of wealth increase chances of drop? just wanna no so i dont buy it if it doesnt10:32, March 6, 2010 (UTC)