Talk:Living Rock Caverns
Conjecture about mineral deposits[edit source]
The mineral deposits seem to act like fishing spots, in that at any given time, two of the four gold spots are mineable, and every few minutes they randomly redistribute. I want to keep an eye on this a bit longer to be sure, and hopefully to get an estimate of the time between redistributions, but any evidence for or against this would be appreciated. Stewbasic 16:13, September 18, 2009 (UTC)
Saying the rocks have "more than 50 ore" is just silly. I've been mining all morning and always get something in the 100 - 200 region, not to mention thats with 3 or 4 other mining at the same time.
- If my conjecture is correct, then the rock collapsing is just a matter of time, and doesn't depend on how many people are mining it. However it seems that I was at least wrong about there always being 2 mineable rocks (but is that how fishing spots work? ie are there always the same number of lobsters spots in Catherby, for example? I haven't fished enough to know).Stewbasic 16:35, September 19, 2009 (UTC)
World 84[edit source]
I added the fact that the caverns are vastly more populated on world 84 than on others. When I added this previously, it was reverted for the reason given here, namely that Jagex has not officially designated this world for the caverns. Nevertheless I feel that the information is useful to the reader because:
- Mining with many other players present is very beneficial for safety reasons
- I believe World 84 is much better populated than other worlds.
The latter is based on the following observations: there are always at least 30 players when I go there (at various times of day), whereas on the 6 other worlds I just flipped through at random, I only saw at most one player within minimap distance of the bank. In any case consensus would be much better reached here than on talk pages. If you want to remove the information, please indicate here why you disagree with my reasoning. Stewbasic 01:59, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
For the same basic reasons we got rid of the Fletching guild, world whatever might be somewhat common but it is by no means unique--Degenret01 10:13, November 23, 2009 (UTC)
It is unique in the sense that no other world has nearly as many players in the caverns. Also fletching with other players has no advantages over fletching alone. It's the same reason we have world 60 on the Penguin_Hide_and_Seek page - sure, there probably are people who spy penguins on other worlds, but it's far less practical. I'm sure people will come to the wiki page wanting to know which world is the "unofficial rock cavern" world (I myself did). Stewbasic 13:38, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
- By the way I also haven't noticed any decrease in the time a rock lasts when more players are mining it, though this could certainly use more investigation. Stewbasic 13:41, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
- I haven't timed it exactly or counted ores but it always seems I barely get a load and a half per rock when the place is busy, versus up to 3 or 4 other times. But I only do it 20 minutes a day now.--Degenret01 15:32, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
Degeneret is like a facist dictator, he always removes stuff.. Never known him to actually contribute anything. Just destroys other peoples work.. Yes noting that w84 is the unofficial world would be useful, but Der Fuhrer disagrees.
Please don't delete the fact that there is an unofficial cc for world 77, as this truly helps other miners communicate which deposits are down. -_-
That seems like a good idea, to me Leon Art 18:27, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
smoking chicken?[edit source]
a few minutes ago, a chicken with a smoking backside dropped out of the sky at the lrc southwestern fishing spots. i have some screenshots but i was wondering if anyone could check other worlds for smoking chickens? Dracula13131 16:20, July 24, 2011 (UTC)dracula13131Dracula13131 16:20, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
Well, it has to do with Avalanti (?) from the clan camp/citadel - she's throwing chickens into the portal to 'calibrate'. 22.214.171.124 17:39, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
Single Unofficial World?[edit source]
Now that most of the bots are gone, I don't think there is any point in having four unofficial LRC worlds, it defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. I recommend removing all of them except for world 84, simply because it was the first and for some time only unofficial world before it got infested with bots.126.96.36.199 06:43, October 27, 2011 (UTC)
Mining aura?[edit source]
if mining, what aura would be the best to have?