Talk:Letters to the Chaos Elemental
Your Opinion?[edit source]
Should each of the letters have their own page? Yes? No?
The whole page is getting too big, but Earth is right that the letters aren't important enough to merit individual pages. Another solution would be to group the letters in threes or fours, and have the groups have their individual pages. So, for example, letters 1-3 will be on a page, 4-6 will be on another page, and so on. --Liquidhelium 11:19, January 29, 2010 (UTC)
Latest letters[edit source]
I decided not to put these theories on the page, but I will put them here to point out; I'll let someone higher up decide if they want to put them on the page:
- Charles Perrault was a writer of fairy tales; could be either a sequel to Grim Tales or A Fairy Tale Part III
- Flesh and Blood could refer to Elemental Workshop III
- "Shoelaces Lament" is of course an anagram of "Chaos Elemental"
Elkayen 15:35, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
Letters 12[edit source]
Duhduhdurrr here. I just want to point out that I am an actual player (Highscores entry), and that my letter does indeed refer to the events that take place during the closing of While Guthix Sleeps. I hope that clears some things up. --126.96.36.199 01:16, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Letter 12 possible hints[edit source]
I noticed a couple of things:
- first, the thingy of "Fay autocrat impugns royal, yet The avatar liberates everyone? FREE!" could perfectly be a reference to King's Ransom quest, where Morgan Le Faye tries to destroy King Arthur and imprisons the Knights of the Round Table, however in the end you release both the knights and Arthur, hinting a possible sequel to King's Ransom, or maybe hinting the upcoming Court Cases Distractions and Diversions update mentioned in one of the latest developer's blogs, which would be based in the Seer's Village Court trial part of the same quest.
- second, supposing that ScapeRune actually is the smaller planet shown in the orrery, and that the Syzygy is the alignment of the planets, then probably the next Ritual of Rejuvenation will take place when RuneScape, ScapeRune and the sun align, which would be happening soon, according to General Khazard's spirit in the Shadow Sword miniquest.
- The "Fay autocrat impugns royal" bit refers to Fairy Tale III. Look at the first letter of each word. There's really no other plausible explanation when it's that obvious. --troacctid 22:59, November 14, 2009 (UTC)
Letters 11[edit source]
Eh jocaypa here. Yeah im joca_best on game and i have a theory about: "That's where the shadows are shadowed, and even the delvers don't dare." it may be about Barrows or Frenskae (or however that last thing is spelled)
Jocaypa again, this time to talk about the latest chaos elemental serie of hints, here some facts:
- If South Hardens, North Weakens...
- Have anyone noticed the pyramid at the "South Hardens"? ZZZ (9) may stand for Zaros or Zamorak, or maybe even Zamouregal, and 9, well, i don't have info about that.
Just got a theory, what if ZZZ stands for Zaros, Zamorak, Zamouregal. (Which would mean that zamouregal ends being the next god in Gielinor, which would make sense seeing that he is Lucien's Cousin)
- The Second Sentence in ShortHand may mean "need" or "noed (that can be rearranged for done)" <That's everything i have for now, bye everyone!>
Anna Crusis here. I had some ideas to...firstly, i'm new to editing...this doesn't go under letter 11 does it? Jocaypa is here to discuss letter 13 and so am I.
- I think I've solved the underline letters in the "all in one place" bit..they're anagrams for Fishing and Mining.
- Anyone know who Caverns is? It may be a coincidence, but it could be said that all the names on the left are musicans that have past away. But are all the ones on the right musicains that haven't? Even so, it may not play a part.
- Here's a stretch..."Harden South"...if they're hard, should we Soften 'em?
Eh, jocaypa (again) again here, first of all look up where it says "Jocaypa again", ive edited that today, so it originally was used for Letters 11.
-What do you mean with "soften"?
- McCartney is the last name of Paul McCartney, and ive heard of a guy called Jagger, but everyone else is out of my knowledge range
- Eh, the W in bowie is underlined, just like the A in Jagger is, and none of both fits on Mining / Fishing, so i think its not the right thing.
DAMN! JUST NOTICED SOMETHING, y'all see the pyramid at Hardens South?, these words may not be ShortHand, but egyptian words.
Just in case this will help you Jo:
- Mitch Mitchell
- Jimi Hendrix
- Kurt Cobain
- John Lennon
- Sid Vicious
- Tim Buckley
- Bob Geldof
- Mick Jagger
- Paul McCartney
- David Bowie
- (Ed/Dave)? Townsend -<think Pete Townsend perhaps
- (?) Caverns
23:50, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
I see you took out my thing, but I don't think you understood it before you dismissed it.
"Using the colored arrows at the bottom of the "All in One Place" sheet as a guide: The letters to the right of the blue underlined letters are an anagram for Fishing, and the letters to the left of the red underlined letters are an anagram for Mining."
The blue letters are canoawn, but if you take the letters to the right of each of these you get the letters hinfgis....rearrange and you get fishing.
The red letters are dnoecs, but if you take the letters to the left of each of these you get the letters niigmn....rearrange and you get mining.
As you may see....its not the underlined letter...but the letter next too it...the colored arrows are the clue.
and my comment in this discussion about "Hardens South" I said "soften 'em" you asked "soften what"? but its a play on words that I was proposing... If you say "soften 'em" you could claim (and this is what I mean by "stretching it") it sounds like Sophanem
Hey, in the "Hardens South" is it possible that the shorthand itself is anagrammed? Also, if it is talking about soul wars, is it possibly a warning that the rewards will be lessened, or that there will be a new quest surrounding soul wars?
Hardens South is an annagram Many Things including: Shorthand Use(Seriously!?!) A Hero's Hunt(Champions Challenge Update, reffering to hunting for scrolls?) Those are the two most relevant I could find. The first one cannot be a coincidence...--Ih8pkmn 18:26, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
All in one place/ Muscian's names[edit source]
In the latest letter, Many muscian's names were seen. This may be nothing, but, it could signify that jagex is adding more muscians to the game.
Also, I looked up some anagrams for "all in one place." I found a few interensting ones:
- Clean Loan Pile- An update to item lending?
- Place Lean Lion- The Shakianan(the Lion thing on Karamja) getting a graphical Update?
- Pace All Online- Perhaps limiting(Pacing) the number of times a person can change their Runescape name?
- Call Alpine One- More yetis?
- Alone Pain Cell- Perhaps an indication that your character will soon be subjected to imprisonment/torture?
That's all for now! I'll add anagrams as I find ones that may be relevant to Runsescape! -Ih8pkmn --188.8.131.52 23:16, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Note to released Dwarven content[edit source]
IMO the solution to the 5 words hint seems referring to one thing - why would they split it into D pick, new NPCs and the machine? It fits perfectly...
Updated the page BTWKiel66 21:57, September 18, 2009 (UTC)
Letter 14[edit source]
This letter is a mix of backward text (the opening salutaion, the parts before the colons, and the closing salutations) and of a cipher where you substitute for a letter in the word with the letter that follows it, based on the position of the letter within the word, and a third feature that affects the middle of the reply. For the final section, decryption is an alphabet sequence substitution. The first letter is alwasy the right letter. The second letter is substituted for the 1st letter that follows it in the alphabet. The 3rd letter is replaced by the 2nd letter that follows it. Wrap around the end of the alphabet so if the 4th letter of a word is "y", then replace it with the 4th letter after "y", counting "y". This is "yzab" thus a "b". See how this is done with the Chaos in the signature: "Cgylo"
The cryptic code reads down the left side of this triangle, the deciphered word reads on the diagonal.
The middle section threw me, I am not good at anagrams. Steelhorse66 17:05, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Somebody clean those Letter 14 solvings. Some don't even make sense if put together with others.
Split into individual articles[edit source]
This article is too long and could be split into individual articles for each letter. The Main article could be used to as an introduction, and to link to the other pages.16:33, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
Support - Yes, this makes sense. This article is kinda bulky right now. Good idea18:43, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
Contra - I don't think it's necessary, if you need a letter in particular you can just use the contents table. Keeping the letters together makes it easier to track data.01:32, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
Support01:29, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
Support - Per all. --Coolnesse 15:25, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose at least for right now. Like Mr Zaros357, I'm not sure that it's necessary, and each letter's article may not be all that long in the end. I removed the "unknown or unreleased updates" section for the older letters, as they seemed to take up extra space. I've also renamed the subsections so there weren't multiple sections with the same name (which would create a problem if they were being linked to). Isn't it easier to have them all on one page? The table of contents is a big help with navigating the page. :) Bridger 00:58, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
Notice - I am going to go ahead and split this. In response to the opposition's argument that "it's easier to navigate on one page", this page will still be kept as a disambiguation with links to all letters and a short description. Chicken7 >talk 07:26, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Possible other clue[edit source]
"To conclude: Fay autocrat impugns royal, yet The avatar liberates everyone? FREE!" The sentence itself likely hints at the plot of the since-confirmed and as-yet-unreleased third and final quest of the Fairy Tale quest series. In addition, the first letter from each word spells out F-A-I-R-Y T-A-L-E, and FREE sounds like THREE. Thus, "Fairy Tale 3" can separately be deciphered."
It could also be a reference to Nomad's Requiem, as Avatar could refer to the Avatars in soul wars. Nomad also says "You have doomed everyone" when he dies, which could mean that he liberates everyone (or would do if you didn't kill him). It could even hint to him coming back for Fairytale 3.
Postbag from the Heim letter[edit source]
Shouldn't the postbag 44 letter from Mel-ona the Scale be letter 15?