Talk:Learning the Ropes
- I am trying to keep it to a maximum of 3 animations for this page to avoid slow loading on slower computers. I have placed the ones I think should be there and adequately spaced them. If someone doesnt like my combination or wants to expiriment, here are all the animations I took:
- Making animations is fun, but I must say sorry for any unpleasantness caused by the following, but I am really addressing my opinion.
- "Image:Sir_vant.gif" is not necessary, since there is not directly meaning anything.
- "Image:Sirvantfightsdragon.gif", this one is from the cutscene which the Chaos Druid joins in the battle. If I am the reader, I would have a question of "where does the water wave comes from"?
- "Image:Newbmining.gif" - Does it crash with Image:Runescape skills mining-updated.gif ? Could be added into the article.
- "Image:Newbbhammer2.gif" - Can also be used in Smithing if the person in the animation hits the anvil twice, which is the factual case in the game.
- "Image:Makingfire.gif" - This one is good and should be added in the article. (Some large articles like "Magic" loaded at least three animations!)
- "Image:Sirvantdancing.gif" - This one should be added into the article at the bottom.
- "Image:Windstrikenewbisland.gif" - This one is good if it is taken with the dummies, which are being hit.
- I have also edited the three animations that haven't been mentioned above to make them more natural. XDRAGONAITE + 14:25, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
Old skoolers[edit source]
People that started Runescape BEFORE tutorial island also see the old tut island description when you click "learning the ropes". Is this relevant to the article? -- Mercifull (Talk) 08:04, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, because it is the different version of Learning the Ropes. Just look at the quest journal. C Teng talk 12:01, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
What should this be written?[edit source]
As everyone knows, the Tutorial Island is trashed in its introducing function, so , to replace it, should we write a new guide with the content like this article?
- Learning the Ropes is a quest. It's on the quest journal. It rewards you with quest points. C Teng talk 14:48, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
Out of date[edit source]
- We're keeping this for reference. It's not out of date, it's been "superseded". 03:06, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
Tutorial Island[edit source]
- O it is! I am one of those who actually did this quest. Qazwsx753421 08:25, August 25, 2011 (UTC)