It would be EXTREMELY useful to know which monsters drop a good number of law runes. I'd rather see it here than go hunting other fan sites that have this info. Cockatrice drop 2 law runes on the order of 3-6% of their drops, which isn't too bad. I know other monsters drop laws more frequently, but I've forgotten which ones! Inelcirc 00:09, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
Although a majority of monsters drop 1-2 runes, there are some that drop more than that. Dark Wizard (Level 12): 3 Laws Cockroach Worker (Level 62?): 3-6 Laws Hill Giant: 2-3 Laws Skeleton (lvl 21): 3 Laws
Though that's only some of them.
- In my experience, 1,000 each when bought individually (for a single teleport) and 300 each when bought in the hundreds/thousands, for long-term use or training. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 18:24, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
This item was written before the Grand Exchange. Since then, law runes typically sell in the low 300s, singly or in bulk. 00:09, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
In the Trivia section, it says "after the update"
which update??? Tomek200 15:37, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
Removal of Law Rune lying on Floor[edit source]
I've decided to remove the image of a law rune viewed from an angle. The image provides no further information on what a Law Rune looks like and serves no purpose in my opinion.
03:57, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
Over Prices![edit source]
OMG law runes these day are way to expensive! Oh Yah and OMG I had a law tiara and it only sells for 45 gold. SO OMG I'll make my own law runes thank you verry much. Zuewaldo
- They used to sell for 1000 GP in the F2P world...
Either way, it is now 300gp and is continuing to crash. There are many reasons:[edit source]
- The only way to get the Law Talisman(untradeable) was through a very tough quest, It has been changed to being dropped by monsters.
- Law Runes are being sold for very cheap prices. 374 gp(or something) each, from a shop owner.
- The Grand Exchange came out, causing prices to fall.
- Explorer's Ring came out, with free teleports to Falador/Port Sarim/Draynor Village
- Home Teleport came out, no need to waste runes!
- Training magic with teleports is no longer considered a good way to train, curse them! or High Alch stuff!
- Many monsters, Cockroach Soldier for example, can drop many law runes. In this case, 20.
- The Runecrafting Guild now supplies instant teleports to the Law Altar thru tablets!
- Don't have a high enough runecrafting level? Request assistance from those who can!
- You have a chance to get 2 Law Runes per pure essence wasted!
Reason why there was "Over Prices" a few months ago was due to:[edit source]
- Personalized Shop Update in September, you can no longer change worlds and buy Law Runes from that shop owner over and over, as every shop is now personalized per Player! Changing worlds will not help supply.
- No other reason, Perhaps Merchanting Clans?
- This caused the prices to go all the way up to 450+, but, as you can see, it went down after more people, like you, decided to go craft law runes.
- Two reasons vs. Ten, you decide whether it is fair to Law Runecrafters and whether Jagex should change it, so prices go high again. I need to sell these Law Runes I merched you know!
- PlayerFroobTalk 09:15, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
Odd way to make a profit[edit source]
Buy law runes and sell them to the magic guild, who buys them for 226. So long as prices are below that of course,though selling is a bit slow (as the price goes down the more he has, and you can only sell 50 at a time). 220.127.116.11 12:43, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
Release Date[edit source]
The date listed for these runes is Jan 4 2001 when the actual magic update which introduced Law, Nature, Chaos, Cosmic and Death runes was in 24 May 2001
18.104.22.168 01:44, July 15, 2013 (UTC) Spilk188 2013-07-14