Talk:King Black Dragon
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Another good reason to fight the KBD
- 3 Anti-Dragon Shield
- 4 Anti-Dragon Shield
- 5 Old image...
- 6 spinning
- 7 Uses of these drops section
- 8 clues
- 9 3 Heads?
- 10 Uneeded picture of player wearing dragon
- 11 Basic Fighting tactics/inventory
- 12 More likely to get a visage than heads?
- 13 drops
- 14 from trivia
- 15 Stab?
- 16 Involvement in Armies of Gielinor
- 17 drop table
- 18 No Bane ammunition weakness?
- 19 KBD Head Drop Rate
- 20 Untitled
- 21 head drop rate 1/50 about
- 22 KBD drop in f2p
- 23 group fight
- 24 Drops I don't see on the table
I think a lot of players send Jagex letters addressed to this monster. Put that in. --Wiiwantxbox 22:00, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
- The only reliable way to do it is to get black dragons as a slayer task and kill a KBD, checking how much experience you got. While it's theoretically possibly to count how much damage you do, human error and mistakes caused by the enemy regenrating HP are much more likely. (the only way to allow for the HP regeneration rate is to start attacking straight after one of your own stats has gone up / down by one (they all happen at the same time, always) and start a timer. The number of minutes passed = the amount of HP regenrated. Hard work, but the only way to do it for non-slayer tasks.) Vimescarrot 20:08, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
Ruby bolts (e) hit a 48 on it, first hit, meaning that its hitpoints are 240-244. And they were 242 in Classic, and most monster HP's haven't changed. Jard Y Dooku 20:31, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
Another good reason to fight the KBD[edit source]
Where it says the KBD has been loosing popularity due to the loot it drops being obtainable from easier monsters... there may be one more good reason to fight the KBD. From what I've read on here the KBD has the highest chance of dropping the Draconic Visage, as it just says "(very rare)" next to it. I can definately see this as a good reason to fight it. Should this be mentioned? Superkid711 00:05, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
it's a very rare drop so don't expect it a lot but killing 300 king black dragons would and might get you a nice draconic visage =) or otherwise other good drops.Johnjack922 15:06, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
- I really wouldn't count on it, guys. Don't get confident. User:Chisseysks/project1. Chissey 17:05, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
- It's the only place to get KBD head for a POH so thats another reason. Nuclear X2 20:10, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Anti-Dragon Shield[edit source]
Does an AntiDragon shield work well against it? I was just wondering.... Emosworld 10:06, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- Well, it is a dragon...
- The D'fire shield will protect you from his D'fire attacks, not his melee attacks. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 10:08, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks. Emosworld 23:01, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- i hate to be an ass, but you're wrong about the not protecting melee part.
- DFS or dragon fire shield has the 2nd best def stats in the game, and it's a great tank shield.
- plus i have it frmo getting a vissy drop from steel dragon =]
- but anyways my point is dfs, is the 2nd best shield in the game, even though an anti-drag shield will work for fire breath only, DFS will do that and protect from melee(70+ stats in def bonus, when fully charged)
Anti-Dragon Shield[edit source]
The Anti-Dragon shield and the antifire potion are the only two ways of protection from all dragons' fire breath attacks (and ONLY their fire breath, not any other attack), including the KBD. If a player attempts to fight him without using the shield or potion, he will be able to kill him/her in A SINGLE HIT. He is one of two monsters who are capable of doing so.
- Really? And what's the other? JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 22:09, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
The other monster that can kill you in a single hit is none other than TzTok-Jad (level-702)
- Oh, of course. But I've never heard of either of these beasties actually doing 99 damage in one hit. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 22:11, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
Believe it or not, I fought the KBD last night with a few friends and won twice. He looks different now, so should we update the picture? --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko)14:32, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
- Yes - but keep the old one for a "trivia" section. Don't upload over the current one, just upload one under a new name. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 16:40, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
- Should I keep my old fake or update it to the new KBD look? This is random, here at the top. Ilyas Talk Contribs17:00, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
Old image...[edit source]
Any one can upload nw version of KBD? --Rtz 10:23, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- I would, but I got it only when it's dying and dissapearing. I don't know when our next KBD-slaying trip will be, so...yeah, sorry.
I have uploaded a new image of it and added the old attacking one under attacks. I thought it was too good of a picture to just toss. SkullKid700 18:45, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
I went to the kbd with 20 other player, it is possible to make him spin and not attack anyone, but only if you all run round him in a circle, otherwise he will still attack. Bob2006ty(RUNESTORM333) talk 12:39 5 March 2007 (UTC)
Uses of these drops section[edit source]
I've deleted this section. It is a pointless section as it duplicates information found in the individual articles, it shows only one point of view, it's all common sense and it doesn't belong in the article anyway. Comments below if you don't like this change. Endasil (Talk) @ 22:18, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
Speaking of drops, who deleted the 100 noted yews off of his drop table? Yews CAN be a "row drop" but they aren't part of the rare drop table at kbd every time... 100 noted yews is a quite common standard drop of his as are 100 noted iron ores to a lesser extent.
ive heard the KBD drops level 3 clues but ive never had one drop it myself--Kohora 19:07, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
they do drop clue scroll lvl 3 but however sometimes it depends that means sometimes rare matter of luck.Johnjack922 15:02, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
I have gotten two lvl 3 clues so far ( camped it for like 200 kills ) also got a dmed :P
3 Heads?[edit source]
Arn't Multi-headed Dragons usualy called "Hydra's"???Forerunner 14:44, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- Not in RuneScape. --talk 14:48, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
Uneeded picture of player wearing dragon[edit source]
I noticed a picture of a player wearing dragon.... the article states its there for the showining of its d med helm drop but i dont think it is needed...--Zeeus 03:55, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
Basic Fighting tactics/inventory[edit source]
Should we add a small section for newer players who want to fight the kbd for the first time? This means people who don't know what items to bring or use, or what prayer to use, etc. Kind of a Basic Tactics section of sorts. KBD is easy, especially with a group, but it's time consuming when bringing a group with new people and telling them what they need to bring to survive. I can write up my suggestions, but I only ever really use melee, so if someone uses mage or ranged, it could be useful to put their thoughts in too. Any ideas on this? TIRRIANGANT (TALK) 16:22, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
More likely to get a visage than heads?[edit source]
From what I can tell in this article, you are more likely to get a dragonic visage than the King Black Dragon's heads, is this true?--Pkthis18:21, 13 December 2008 (UTC) No it is not true. 8)
What is the average and minimum amount of wealth earned from drops from this monster? ME and my friends are thinking about gettin' him this summer. I'd appreciate it if you could let me know:)
from trivia[edit source]
in the trivia it said the ranger and mage who fight kbd didn't seem to have any protection, isn't it possible that they have drank anti fire potion?
It says that the KBD is far weaker to stab than to anything else... Is a Leaf-bladed sword a good weapon against him? If so, maybe it should be added to the page. JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 21:00, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
The Leaf-bladed sword isn't recommended because its just not good enough :P
Involvement in Armies of Gielinor[edit source]
In Armies of Gielinor,he is a unit. However, is he technically a character?If not, then I think we should remove him from the Characters in Armies of Gielinor category. I doubt he counts as a character,since on the Flametounge page it says there may be more than one King Black Dragon. Plus he can get slain in a battle and come back all healthy in the next.188.8.131.52 06:13, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
drop table[edit source]
runite limbs are in there twice, once as common and once as rare I believe but it's a template so I don't know how to edit it
someone fix it?
- Fixed. 20:46, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
i'm currently hunting down the king black dragon for the nice charms, killed about 1000 now but just started to keep a log and updating this page :) since i killed that mcuh and didn't get a lot of things that sayd here to be common, also i had already 4 kbd heads in the past 5 to 800 kills, i'll update the charm log in a while.
hey, i was fighting kbd once on beta and i stopped to eat for a minute and i went out of combat and i began to fight again and he was completely healed. has anyone else encountered this? Quajzen566 (talk) 00:22, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
Any old players(or slayers of kbd) (im both lol) notice jagex said they made him stronger... yet now he seems alot weaker then before the update?
before update at close range he would spam all his attacks(poison,freeze,fire) now to most part he melees rarly uses dragon fire in close range and when he does its 100% blocked were before even with anti-fires+anti fire shield it would hit a lil damage thro the shield/potion
every one rush to him to make bank as he is alot weaker then he was before... i had a chance to go one on one before the mass wave of hunters to him and kills went slighty faster took less damage then before update
No Bane ammunition weakness?[edit source]
The article states it has no weakness, does that mean that using Dragonbane bolts or arrows will also not do extra damage? Seems odd to me, because the QBD also isn't weak to anything, 'cept for Bane ammunition. 14:46, February 28, 2013 (UTC)
KBD Head Drop Rate[edit source]
The KBD head drop rate is listed as "uncommon" in this article. They obviously aren't uncommon, and are at least "rare." Why are they listed this way? Kind of misleading to anyone trying to get one as a drop. 184.108.40.206 21:34, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Changed. MolMan 21:37, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
head drop rate 1/50 about[edit source]
KBD drop in f2p[edit source]
Since the only tertair drop obtainable for f2p is the dragonic visage, does it mean that it has a higher frequency to drop then in member worlds? 220.127.116.11 12:03, April 5, 2017 (UTC)10spetter10
group fight[edit source]
- The same way as nearly every other non-solo-exclusive boss - start a fight either through travelling tae the vanilla lair or by creating an instance and having others join ye 15:11, April 12, 2017 (UTC)
Drops I don't see on the table[edit source]
I got a drop of 300 Headless arrow on one of my first kills of KBD (I don't really do PvM) but when I was looking through it's drop table, I couldn't find it? Is it there and I'm just being blind, or has it not been added? As I said before I got it on one of my first kills, so it must be fairly common. I also got 2 drops of 6 Wines of Zamorak in 5 kills, but again I don't see them on any of the drop tables. TropicThunda (talk) 22:35, 13 September 2020 (UTC)