- 1 Item name is Ivandis flail, not Flail of Ivandis
- 2 Charges
- 3 Examines
- 4 a few facts to be verified
- 5 Comment merged from Talk:Ivandis flail and Talk:Flail of Ivandis
- 6 Not the only way
- 7 5 or 6
- 8 External Link
- 9 probably a stupid question
- 10 Most effective attack?
- 11 Creation
- 12 You feel less experienced?
- 13 Power Increase
- 14 Attack Requirements
- 15 Magic attack bonus..?
- 16 Mastering the flail vs. mind reading.
- 17 Bonus strictly vs Vyrewatch?
- 18 Ivandis flail faster
- 19 Speed has changed
- 20 Special when fighting Vanstrom
- 21 flail bonuses
- 22 The Special Attack
Item name is Ivandis flail, not Flail of Ivandis[edit source]
Please stop redirecting to Flail of Ivandis. Item name is Ivandis flail, not Flail of Ivandis. See image of options in the article. Chrislee33 04:43, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
- See here, maybe?
Buzz (Talk • # • √ • P ) 06:58, 24 April 2008 (UTC) Users on the forum say the Flail of Ivandis crumbles when it gets to zero, as of now I don't believe there is a way to charge the rod either. Condor85 04:31, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
I know it says that at 30 charges it "a fully charged flail" And i found that at 29 it says "a partialy charged flail" but i was just wondering if anyone knew if it says this until it's at 0 charges or if it says something else round 10? Chao.master 16:12, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
a few facts to be verified[edit source]
i dont know if this is true or not but player posts in forums state that not only does your knowledge of the flail increase your chance of hitting
it further increases your speed
and the number of corpses also seem to vary
players state the number required is 50, and is also affected by the type of logs(THIS is hibhly improbable, but requires verification) File:Void seal.pngFireyfoxImage:Armadyl symbol.PNG|34px 09:04, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
- No it doesn't. it's 50 with teaks and 50 with magic logs.
An alternative web info source posts that the flail powers up after every 50 vyre burned, and that it does so until 500 burned - at which point you get a message that you have mastered the flail. Should have 100 corpses by this afternoon.
Prior to any 'power up' it takes me around 2 min to kill a vyre with no pots or prayers *(max hit 18). (just wearing rune and dboots dmed with salve (e). I am max melee combat stats as well. I kill them just east of Rott.
(currently testing the 50 theory)
I can now confirm you get a message stating "you feel more experienced with the ivandis flail" - will post on kill speed and max hit next.
I just saw a 20 hit - it appears you can in fact power up this weapon =)
Comment merged from Talk:Ivandis flail and Talk:Flail of Ivandis[edit source]
Will this flail also crumble into rod dust when it is used up? If it does, then it seems like such a waste to make a flail, let alone a rod.......--Pkthis 00:29, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
- You don't have to use the charges when fighting the Vyrewatch, the charges freeze them making them easier to kill. So you can use all charges except one to help you kill them, then use a flail with one charge to kill however many you want without freezing them, so that the flail doesn't crumble.Danwizard208 13:57, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Not the only way[edit source]
Ring of Recoil can kil the Vyrewatch, too. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 10:42, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
- They drop nothing when killed via recoil.
Doomedrusher|Talk||Contributions||Edit Count| 14:04, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
I just tried the ring of recoil - message states "your ring of recoil is ineffective against this creature" I also note no damage to the creature when I take a hit
5 or 6[edit source]
Could you have more then 1 ivandis flails? like 5 or 6???
Yes. To make, you need the following: -Ivandis rods -Silver sickles of equal number -No blessed sickle in your bank or inventory -Emeralds of equal number -Silvthrill chains of equal number -Appropriate enchantment runes
First bring a chisel, 13 sickles and 13 emeralds to the nature grotto with 13 cosmic runes and an air staff equipped. Dip one in the nature altar and then use an emerald on one. Enchant. Repeat. This is how you obtain multiple silver sickle emerald (b). The rest is just simple assembly.
Doomedrusher|Talk||Contributions||Edit Count| 14:03, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- Darn that's cool!! thanx (Don't you need a template for your signature?)
- Or if you want to make 28 in one go, you can drop each sickle(b) after dipping it, and pick them all up at the end.
External Link[edit source]
Relating to the link to where the JMod said that "continuous use of the flail on the Vyrewatch will "improve" your ability every 50 Vyrewatch kills and cremations stating that they feel like they have improved with flails". I think that thread is now dead, would we need to try find something like a KB reference to replace it? Trio0 23:28, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
probably a stupid question[edit source]
How do you use the flail's charges? Is it a special attack? I tried operating it while wielding it against juvenates and it cast Bloom...which is, to say the least, ineffective. --nekobawt 17:09, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, it's the special attack, retainer.
Most effective attack?[edit source]
It can Slash and Crush (Att/Def and Str). Which is most effective against wyrewatch, the only point in this weapon? Weirdly (from what I've read), guthix potion doesn't work on them either...tobylaneTalk 20:23, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
Actually, it does work on the vyrewatch, it just does something different. From the article on the potion itself, using it on a vyrewatch does a random amount of damage. --Jimfromtx 11:11, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
since this thing is a big pain in the butt to create after the first one during the quest i made an in-depth walk through of the most effective way i have found to make one from scratch, if anything is wrong please fix it ~^_^~
15:35, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
Umm, isn't it supposed to be 2 mith, 3 silver, not 3 and 4? One of each bar for the silthril chain. One of each for the silvthril rod/rod of ivandis. Plus one silver bar for the sickle. I'm not going to change it immediately, I'd rather there be some sort of consensus, so that way it's not just changed back and forth... --Jimfromtx 11:09, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- if it is please feel free to edit it, my math is sometimes a lil off 06:24, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
The tip section is out of date.
You can now bless as many silver sickles as you like without having to drop them on the floor.
You feel less experienced?[edit source]
Today I died with my flail killing vyrewatches, I've only been doing it since yesterday so it has only been upgraded once, but ever since I died I havn't been hitting as hard/consistant. Does death with the flail make you lose your experiance?
Power Increase[edit source]
I know after every 50 vyrewatch kills and cremations you get an invisible +5 to defence, strength and attack.
What I was wondering was what does it mean by invisible +5 defence, strength attack?
Increased stat level? (example: 99 attack becomes 104 because of the +5 attack)
Or increased equipment bonus level? (example: 16 slash bonus becomes 21 slash bonus)
- It's an invisible equipment bonus: "invisible" because it doesn't show up in the "Show Equipment Stats" screen, although it's per-player, not per-weapon. --Saftzie 06:32, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
The article currently says "Each increase gains the player an additional equipment bonus of +5 in attack, strength, and defence when using the flail against Vyrewatch". Question: does this additional bonus only work against Vyrewatch? Or will my effectiveness against juvinates and other things also increase? --RoSe-BuSTeR 09:22, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
- I think only against vyrewatch, but it would be great if we could get a full answer out of Jagex the next time there's a content Q&A. Maybe they'll even have one when they release the next Myreque quest, because the vyrewatch are even more overdue for a graphics update than I thought the trolls were. --Saftzie (talk) 07:52, March 18, 2011 (UTC)
Wikia currently states the magic attack increases along with meele stats every 50 cremations. Fairly sure this isn't true. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 20:51, 4 March 2011 (UTC).
- I haven't done it myself but I have friends that have, it seems true. Disprove it? (: 20:53, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
Attack Requirements[edit source]
Could anyone tell me what att requirements do I need? If not are there no requirements.?
Magic attack bonus..?[edit source]
Why would it increase the magic bonus if the bonuses only apply when fighting Vyrewatch, which are impervious to magic? Big Bouffant 21:37, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- U cant use the flail to fight other things?? 21:38, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- The article states the hidden stat bonuses only apply when fighting Vyrewatch. Big Bouffant 21:43, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, quite right! But you can't use magic on them, can you? So... what's the point?
13:24, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe something to do with the new quest? I have no idea. Cyrus1 14:28, Aungust 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I suspect that the magic bonus was a misinterpretation of what the mod said in the post about the hidden bonus adding to +5 to the attack and defenses of the weapon, as this seems to be the only source regarding this. Unfortunately the post has long since been deleted... Big Bouffant 20:36, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe something to do with the new quest? I have no idea. Cyrus1 14:28, Aungust 19, 2011 (UTC)
Mastering the flail vs. mind reading.[edit source]
this is a great paradox, did Jagex give any... solution to this logical problem?21:42, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
Bonus strictly vs Vyrewatch?[edit source]
I noticed in the article that it stated "an additional "invisible" equipment bonus [...] when used against Vyrewatch." However, I've noticed that the bonus applies to at least Juvinates too, at least while temple trekking. Do the bonuses work against other targets? This might possibly be new, associated with the temple trekking revamp (like the removal of the 250 damage cap).
- Well that is a possibility. In reality, when you master a weapon, you use it with the same principles on any target, no matter how unmatched they are to it. I think many of the soldiers and martial artists would agree on those terms as well. Cyrus1 22:25, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I am 100% sure it works on Juvinates , my max hit so far after 30 hours of temple trekking was 412 on a vyrewatch and 406 on a juvinate. ( 500 burns ) I don't even think hitting 406 on a juvinate would be possible if the burns wouldn't be helping.
- ( Using turmoil and super str ) Dokter Doos 19;58, August 22th, 2011
Ivandis flail faster[edit source]
- I have confirmed that the flail has sped up for 500 vyre cremation users. It's the speed of a longsword or mace (speed 5 as stated before.) Cyrus1 18:37, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
Speed has changed[edit source]
In the Update of 31.8. jagex stated, that they changed something...the flail has now an attack speed of 5 as you can see ingame by comparing it on the equipment stats screen in the bank
Special when fighting Vanstrom[edit source]
I was wondering if anyone would know if you could use the Flail's special to stop Vanstrom for a while. Could be very useful, does anyone have more info on this?12:58, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
flail bonuses[edit source]
When burning corpses with your flail. does the invisible bonus for every 50 count towards just that flail or all flails?
Say you get 200 vyrewatch cremates or so in a flail then you use up all the charges killing more and it turns to dust, when you use a different 1 you have alreayd or you remake will you still have them invisible bonuses? 126.96.36.199 05:51, August 17, 2012 (UTC)