Talk:Items Kept on Death
I just think the information here can be merged with the Death article. Both articles are related.
- I revised the article. Didn't realise it was part of the interface. 05:53, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
Items Not Kept on Death merge talk[edit source]
When you add an item to this page, please go back and add this line to the item also.
This item is one of the Items Not Kept on Death. This item is one of the Items Not Kept on Death unless it is one of the top three/four.
This wording needs help. This whole article needs help. I'm really surprised there isn't data on this already somewhere, but I searched and searched. This all started when I died yesterday and my Ectophial and Ava's accumulator were NOT at my gravestone. I got there in plenty of time. Got all my items back. But those were missing. And there was no indication at all that they would be lost on their item pages.
Thanks, Mamabear47 23:27, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Let's see what happens. There is more and more information appearing. This is a LONG neglected topic, and quite a shocker when you discover it first hand. Also, there are many "short articles". Length is not a criteria for a new article. Mamabear47 23:21, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- It would almost make sense to just merge the two articles into death itself. They are both really just sub categories. It doesn't make sense to merge one of these into the other one. They are too different. I say just merge them all into death and make these pages redirect to it. 20:04, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- Merging them into the topic of Death would pretty much kill two birds with one stone. I agree they should be merged.
Chaos Monk 01:22, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Who decides what happens in the end anyway? Mojohaza1 01:41, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
What about pets? I know you lose followers if they are out, but what if they are in inventory when you die and are "above the line" or do they even go above the line? inquiry kitties want to know... (i'll check this soon as i get a chance) ~
kytti khat 11:05, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- BTW I have to say that not finding my magic secateurs at my gravestone, was a serious gotcha the first time i found that out (40k to replace, ouch, ouch, ouch) at least i'm not a starving farmer now like i was when i first learned that lesson. ~
kytti khat 11:09, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
I assume that i don't add the sentence about " This item is one of the Items Not Kept on Death. This item is one of the Items Not Kept on Death unless it is one of the top three/four." on all items with white outlines since they are never retrievable?? [[File:]] User talk Evil Yanks Contribs [[File:]] 06:51, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
Deleted "Protect Item Prayer"[edit source]
Hello, I deleted "Protect Item Prayer" with the edit of the other part right above it; which basically explained what the protect item prayer did. --Allonym 13:41, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
List of items protected on death[edit source]
I don't know if this is already exists or not, if it does can anyone give me a link?
if it doesn't maybe we can start creating one?17:19, January 19, 2010 (UTC)
I have included that basic items such as low level armour and food is kept as well as quest items.
Summoning and death[edit source]
I've not experienced this personally yet (but I suspect I am about to find out as I am doing Nomad's Requiem at the moment) but what happens on death to your familiar, any Beast of Burden items, and helm-stored special attack scrolls? I assume that with an enchanted helm being untradeable it will be lost at the gravestone with all scrolls if it is not retained as your three items?17:17, January 27, 2010 (UTC)
- If you die your familiar disappears (you'll have to summon another); I'm not sure about BoB held-items (I've heard that the items are kept in the BoB inventory, but I don't know); the helm will be found at the gravestone, but reverts from (charged) to (e) form if it had scrolls in it (all scrolls are lost - they won't appear as a separate pile at your grave). Good luck with Nomad! 17:33, January 27, 2010 (UTC)
A friend just experienced death while having items on his BoB. Through testing the various methods it appears that items are destroyed if the player was inside of an instance and dies, while they are out in the regular world it appears that the BoB held-items drop on the ground with the standard timer. --Keelhauler98 (talk) 05:49, October 10, 2016 (UTC)
Kept On Death Value[edit source]
So let me get this straight. The high-alchemy value of an item is much more different than the value of if being dropped on death. Right? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
I noticed that in the wilderness with 3 items and a platypus and without protect item prayers, I kept all 3 items and the platypus. I do not know if this applies to other pets or outside the wilderness.05:31, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
White outline[edit source]
Glitch with items that don't appear on grave[edit source]
Updated the Page with The Charming Imp and Herbicide Glitch; They don't always appear on the Gravestone; sometimes they appear under it. Results in the item disapearing before the grave collapses if you do not arrive in time. I ran into Herbicide doing this a few months ago. A Couple of hours ago it occured with a friend; we did some testing with it and it appears to only happen sometimes rather than always which creates the idea this is a Glitch.
Items that are lost at grave[edit source]
Hey, not sure if it's just the items I checked, but it seems certain items that had the "lost" paramter (Magic secateurs for example) are now always lost on death according to the ingame death interface. Does "lost" even exists anymore? --Jlun2 (talk) 21:07, August 20, 2015 (UTC)