- 1 incomplete saradomin items list
- 2 Kite?
- 3 Amount of items
- 4 When I got it...
- 5 Rumored Items
- 6 Are you sure about Piety?
- 7 "You're so close"
- 8 Yet another bug
- 9 Saradomin sword
- 10 Saradomin team cape
- 11 My setup
- 12 Piety?
- 13 Run Energy
- 14 How I obtained Cithara.
- 15 Death
- 16 Minimum prayer level?
- 17 No Ghostspeak Necessary
- 18 Jagex changed it
- 19 EoC Changes?
- 20 Finding out what is needed
- 21 Ancient Curses
- 22 Are you sure "Damaged book" works?
- 23 Ring of devotion
incomplete saradomin items list[edit source]
please take a look at the god wars dungeon listing of saradomin items to complete the list of all the sara items cause the list is no where near complete 18.104.22.168 01:32, November 29, 2011 (UTC)
edit: i put on a bunch of prayers and it let me have it. full items as in description, substituted kite for vambraces.
I think you need 60 prayer....
Amount of items[edit source]
I got the Cithara with 3 items which I know from various testing. We have no idea what this works on. I've also got it from hopping worlds and trying again with the same equipment. I think it's some combination of number of items and prayer bonus. Edmyg 00:28, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
When I got it...[edit source]
I had NORMAL full Sara Book (illum didn't work for me), no Piety (with piety and illum it didn't work), White Knight Gloves/boots, the robes, Sara Croz, Cramulet, and visibilty ring. Don't know if it matters but I was also holding Faldor shield 3, 2 Sara Illuminated books, and the necklace from the robe set.
Edit: Is Prayer Bonus at all related? I notice now I had +27 prayer bonus when I did it, could it be related in any way?
Rumored Items[edit source]
White items and the Smite prayer are rumored to work. The Saradomin Bird is suspected, but not many people have tried it so far. Can anybody confirm any of that?
---Update: I can confirm that white items do not work, but Saradomin Birds DO work. Feel free to test with the following setup if you don't believe it: Citharede robe hood/top/bottom, sara arrow x1, sara bird/owl, sara crozier/staff (six items total)
Falador Shield prevents being able to get the Cithara?
I was wearing 7 items when I went to get mine, and I got the "you're so close" message. Then I removed the shield (changed nothing else) and tried again, and it worked. I'm not sure about shields 1,2, and 3 but it's definitely the case for Falador Shield 4.
piety does NOT count, sara owl does NOT count and fally sheilds do count 22.214.171.124 03:03, November 8, 2011 (UTC) also prayer bonus doesnt matter
- Smite and/or Piety may have made the difference between me getting a failed response and a "so close..." response and finally a success. I was wearing 6 items. Warp9pnt9 05:08, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
Are you sure about Piety?[edit source]
I was only able to obtain the cithara only after I activated my Piety prayer, I had tried multiple times before but nothing happened. This leads me to believe that Piety has some effect on recieving the cithara, as it was the only difference from my failed attempt to my correct attempt. The related equipment that I was wearing the cramulet, ring of visablity, Citharede robes, Saradomin crozier, an illuminated holy book, and a Saradomin arrow.
"You're so close"[edit source]
The "you're so close message" does absolutely nothing. I got it, changed nothing and tried again less than half a minute later and got it. Maybe I'm just special, but it seems to me that if it let you take it without harming you, you can get it (please anybody correct this if I'm wrong).06:45, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
Make sure not to have any coins in your inventory or pouch. I tried numerous times and couldn't get it until I removed the coins. KM
I attempted this with full warpriest, arrow, god staff and got the "you are so close message". Waited less than a minute, tried again and got it. 126.96.36.199 15:16, May 10, 2017 (UTC) May 2017
Yet another bug[edit source]
You need to be exactly at your max prayer points, I tried to get the cithara with 999 prayer points but that didn't work. 990 did the trick. Villermen 12:39, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
You can not have law runes :)
Curiously you can recieve it while skulled, I lolled at being called a living saint188.8.131.52 18:11, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
- You can be below your max (Since I had Smite & Piety at different tries), possibly at your max (I could not get it to work without a prayer on), therefore, perhaps just not ABOVE your max. AT your max is an inaccurate statement. Warp9pnt9 05:06, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
Saradomin sword[edit source]
My first setup was robes/amulet/ring plus a Saradomin arrow, Saradomin cloak, and Saradomin kiteshield. It took a few tries but I got it. Out of curiosity, I destroyed the cithara and swapped out the kiteshield for a Saradomin sword. This setup also worked, so does this mean the Saradomin sword DOES work as opposed to the claim by the article? Kiyomizu 21:14, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
-- Sounds like it. Three robe pieces, one arrow, one cloak, and a sara sword equates to being the six required Saradomin items.
- Saradomin sword worked for me as well. Warp9pnt9 05:03, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
Saradomin team cape[edit source]
The article has a note saying the Saradomin team cape does not work.. but at the same time in the list of cheap working setups, the Saradomin team cape is listed. Can someone provide some clarification here?
My setup[edit source]
Ghostspeak amulet, ring of visibility, citharede top, citharede bottom, citharede hood, sara vambs, sara cloak, full prayer points, no active prayers, on normal prayer book, piety and retribution both unlocked with a high enough prayer level (81) to use them. No other items except broomstick in my invent.01:59, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
Smite is the prayer that works, not piety
- They both worked for me. Warp9pnt9 05:02, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
Run Energy[edit source]
Strangely enough, you have to be at 100 run energy to take the Cithara. With all other requirements met (6 pieces of gear, 840/840 prayer, on normal prayers and normal spellbook) if I was at anything less than the full 100, I got the "You're so close..." message. At 100, it let me take it without changing anything.
How I obtained Cithara.[edit source]
I wore the quest hood, robe top and bottoms, Saradomin blessed d'hide vambraces, wielded (at different attempts) Saradomin sword (not god sword) and Holy book, and Saradomin arrow. Removed and banked all non-saradomin items from equipment and inventory, except for Cramulet, Ring of visibility (both equipped), and Broomstick (not equipped). I used both Smite and Piety combinations which seemed to make a difference.
Using same equipment without prayer, or with Guthix/Zammy god books, or Ardougne cloak 3 equipped or in inventory failed. Having Prayer book on Ancient curses failed.
Prayer points (less than or equal to max), Prayer bonus, Prayer book, and active Prayer (Smite/Piety) seem to make a difference.
Warp9pnt9 05:17, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Removed false claims about Saradomin sword NOT working and prayers needing to be equal to MAX (not above or below). Perhaps these conditions were fixed in one of the many updates since release? Warp9pnt9 05:31, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
I guess this was found the hard way?02:21, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I did see someone die when i was there, didn't aske the specifics though. --Henneyj 02:34, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Probably found the hard way indeed. Not by me, however, I'm just a f2p nub. 16:48, November 14, 2011 (UTC)
- I found this out the hard way indeed...you could see this by the fact that I was wearing my Void Knight set in the image. --Void Knight 04:10, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
Minimum prayer level?[edit source]
Has it been determined if there is a minimum prayer level to grab it yet?
Just recieved it myself, Prayer level 52. First attempt, Saradomin cape, Arrow, staff. Ciharede hood, robe top, robe bottom.
- I think that it would have been known if there was a prayer requirement. I used it to get to prayer level 50 myself, so if there is a requirement, it is below 50. 17:53, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
No Ghostspeak Necessary[edit source]
By the by It is possible to do with the moritania legs 3 (which allows you to talk to ghosts without a ghostspeak amulet). This allows you to wear full Citharde and only 2 more items in order to get the Cithara184.108.40.206 01:56, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- That might allow the use of a Holy Symbol. I'm not sure why you would do it, though. You need a Ghostspeak Amulet for the Morytania Legs 3 anyway. 14:43, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- This is true, however it allows you to use the Citharede symbol which is free from the quest and therefore one less Saradomin item that need be bought/purchaced. It is what I did to get the Cithara with one Saradomin arrow, a Saradomin Cape and the full set of the Robes and Amulet aquired in the quest 220.127.116.11 02:13, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
Jagex changed it[edit source]
Looks like this item no longer damages you. The mechanic is replaced by a simple message: An invisible force gently but firmly moves your hand away from the cithara. Too bad. It has been a quick and reliable way to get low health for fighting in dharok's gear. Please change the relevant articles if you feel you are up for the task. 3ICE (talk) 17:42, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Update: People are still making edits to the article that suggests the damage is still there. So it's very likely unchanged.
- But then how come I'm not getting damaged? Is there a requirement? (Not for taking the cithara, but for getting damaged by it.) 3ICE (talk) 20:36, October 5, 2012 (UTC)
EoC Changes?[edit source]
I have 6 saradomin items, ring of visibility, and the ghostspeak amulet equipped. Full run energy, full prayer points, and nothing else in my inventory. I'm not on ancient magicks or curses. I STILL can't get the holy cithara. I don't know if the requirements have been changed with EoC.
I have a saradomin arrow, saradomin kiteshield, saradomin cloak, and the 3 citharede robes. I have +9 prayer bonus and 40 prayer. I tried relogging and re-equipping everything. It says that I'm not quite worthy yet.
- I got it today with Citharede hood, robe top, robe bottom, saradomin arrow, saradomin vambraces, saradomin mjolnir, ghostspeak amulet and ring of visibility. Had full prayer points (760/760), full run energy, full summoning points, full hp. Tried to grab it soon as I ran down there and got the "almost worthy" message and realized my run was at 80. I waited till it went up to 100 and tried again and got it. I did have a Zammy hawk and amulet of glory in my inventory and money on me. --Ganondope (talk) 13:22, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
Finding out what is needed[edit source]
Does anyone know how you are supposed to figure out how to take the cithara? To clarify, I don't want to know how to take the cithara, but how to know that?04:15, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
Ancient Curses[edit source]
You cannot be on ancient curses to get the Holy Cithara.18.104.22.168 05:39, February 21, 2014 (UTC)
- The page already states this: "The player must be on the Standard spellbook (or Lunar spellbook) and Prayers." IP22.214.171.124 (talk) 05:49, February 21, 2014 (UTC)
Are you sure "Damaged book" works?[edit source]
Having met all the requirements and weilding the required items including a damaged book I was hit with the damage strike. The damaged book was not titled 'holy' or aligned with any deity (as far as I could tell). When I banked the damaged book and returned with nothing else changed I got the cithara. 126.96.36.199 14:28, April 15, 2014 (UTC)D ar tagnon
- what color was your damaged book? it has to be the white one
- ezakiel keda —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 11:10, September 26, 2014 (UTC).
- I second this comment. My 'Damanged book' is green if that makes a difference, and returning it to the bank allowed me to get the cithara. 184.108.40.206 16:56, October 17, 2015 (UTC)
- @220.127.116.11 your damaged book is a Guthix one, and so wouldn't have worked anyway. 16:58, October 17, 2015 (UTC)
Ring of devotion[edit source]
Can somebody confirm that the ring of devotion can be used in place of the ring of visibility? The article does not remain consistent in saying the ring of devotion may be used, all other guides i have read do not mention it, and I can't seem to claim the cithara by using it.
- So ring of devotion works, but only after gaining the ability to see into the Shadow Realm from Sliske following Fate of the Gods. Thank you to the individual who clarified this in the article.