Talk:High Level Alchemy
- 1 Items worth casting High Alchemy "ON"
- 2 Poisoned items
- 3 A suggestion to save people from mistakes
- 4 Glitch
- 5 Old info
- 6 if someone could edit...
- 7 Best to alch?
- 8 Sorry
- 9 Running and Alching
- 10 alchs/hr
- 11 Glitch
- 12 Correct XP formula?
- 13 Merge
- 14 Potions
- 15 Actions left uninterrupted by casting
- 16 automatic alching?
Items worth casting High Alchemy "ON"[edit source]
Poisoned items[edit source]
Looking for data regarding the high-alch value of poisoned items. Are they always the same as the unpoisoned? Does it depend on the type of poison? Low-alch data are welcome too. Thezmothete 12:04, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- High alch value of adamant spear(p) is 1,248, same as unpoisoned. Thezmothete 12:04, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
A suggestion to save people from mistakes[edit source]
I don't know why Jagex still has not worked on high alchemy warnings. It doesn't seem to be very complicated. For example:
Jagex could add a menu that pops up whenever you try to alch an extremely expensive item (say, 100k or more on the GE) that warns you that it is a bad idea to alch said item. This would also apply to items with a big range between hi alch values and GE price. If the 2 prices are similar, then the alch warning need not apply. However, if you tried to alch an item (such as a godsword, whip, or dragon claws) where the price on the GE is a lot higher than the alch value, this warning window would pop up. It would not slow down magic training through alching items, since players usually do not train alchemy on godswords or partyhats. This addition would prevent the devastating mistake of alching expensive items.
I became interested in this idea since my brother accidentally alched his sara godsword by mistake when trying to equip it after he was done alching.
They could make this similar to other warnings, and like those warnings, after a certain amount of times you could choose to turn it off or on if you so desire. Joshuamonkey 06:30, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
i remember the walking and alching glitch ... i saw this guy high aclhing stuff but at the same time runecrafting hilarious to watch Manofflames6 20:51, 2 May 2009 (UTC) Heres an idea, dont bring expensive shit in your inventory when your alching, its not that hard
On Tuesday December 21st it Was Possible to Alch the Golden hammer for 0 coins
Old info[edit source]
Things mentioning timing are no longer needed. If you close your eyes and just keep clicking you'll keep alching. This is because Jagex has changed how it works. Dsctatom 18:18, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- I Agree, working on it.-- BURNTICEJ http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4443/silverv.jpg 03:46, October 30, 2009 (UTC)
if someone could edit...[edit source]
please change "The amount of coins generated is normally 50% more than the general store or Low Alchemy gives. " in the first paragraph to "the amount of coins generated is that of what a specialty store would pay for the item."
Best to alch?[edit source]
Whats the best thing to alch if buying everything from GE?Ur Just Jealous §§§§§§§ 21:27, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Category:Profitable Alchemy Items lists the items currently alchable for a profit. Be aware:
- It may not list all profitable alchs (not all exchange pages have their alchemy prices on them);
- To prevent the code for it throwing up on Exchange:Nature rune due to a template loop, the nature rune price is hard coded and may be out of date.
- So basically use the category as a guide, not a be-all-and-end-all list, and check everything before you do it. 21:51, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
sorry Gaz i couldnt get the link to work so i just gave up and gave it the entire address
17:02, November 7, 2009 (UTC)
- No worries, you just need to put a colon in front of the Category: to provide a link instead of just adding the page to that category.
20:12, November 7, 2009 (UTC)
- oh ok thanks :) -- 02:02, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
Running and Alching[edit source]
I just tried this today and found that alching while walking makes you stop. Ur Just Jealous §§§§§§§ 18:27, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
you can run while alching 220.127.116.11 11:02, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
If I work my arse off...seriously, I can get well over 1500 alchs per hour. My personal record so far is 1575. I get 2000 nats and items in my inv and start a timer. Yep I know it's sad but I've done it.
- Its technically impossible to do over 1200 an hour without it being a glitch. Its 5 ticks per alch and a tick is 0.6 seconds. So unless Jagex has changed something (I haven't noticed a difference in my alching), or your timing is off, its a glitch. 23:40, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
About that second one involving the disjointed animation, is it really worth mentioning? The game isn't really supposed to function properly when hindered by a slow connection. --Limxzero 08:48, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
Correct XP formula?[edit source]
Anyone is this formula plaussable to calculate the alchemy xp an hour 26*65*60. (Where 26 is amount per minute:65 being the xp per cast:And 60 the minutes per hour?
- You can cast High Alch once every five game ticks (three seconds), which means 20 casts per minute, which means 1200 casts per hour. That's 78,000 experience per hour maximum. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 07:28, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Why is is there two different articles for suggested/profitable high alch items? Can't they just be merged? 18.104.22.168 07:26, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Please remove this example of blatant trolling.
It is profitable to consider casting High Alchemy on very cheap, common items like Fire runes. When bought and alchemised in bulk, you do forfeit money, but in return you A) save an inventory space by not carrying a giant stack of notes to cast Alchemy on, and B) can wield a weapon in the weapon slot instead of a fire staff. Depending on the person, these 2 spaces can be used to make much more than if you can't wield any weapon and lose an inventory space. Also, this is cosmetically more appealing.
-This is a trap for inexperianced players, you will lose about 100 coins if you do this.
-Alching certain items can give you profit, so this paragraph is redundant.
-How would using fire runes instead of notes save a inventory space?
-Cosmetically more appealing? The sheer amount of cash saved could be used to purchase gear more appealing to the eye.
Either this person was inexperianced beyond all belief, or is simply a troll. Either way, remove or edit.
Is the alchemy price the same for potions regardless of their dosage? Potion pages only have one alchemy price, but the Grand Exchange price of each dosage. 22.214.171.124 05:45, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
Actions left uninterrupted by casting[edit source]
Could we get a page for more efficient skilling that lists tasks that can be combined; such as alchemy and woodcutting? 126.96.36.199 17:36, October 9, 2017 (UTC)