We NEED images for the Barbarian Potion mixes[edit source]
Lahebo 16:55, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
I'll try and spruce this up a little.
--Eucarya 10:05, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
Ok, here's what I think we need
- Full list of potions - we might want to put quest-related potions in a separate table. (mostly done, still missing some quest ones and some high anti-poisons that no-one ever makes)
- Full list of secondary ingredients and the best places to obtain them. (mostly done, some link checking probably needed.)
- Need to mention Nardah (you can get your herbs cleaned for a fee), and have links to farming.
- Mention herb chest in Yanille agility dungeon in more detail. -done Bob2006ty(RUNESTORM333) talk
- Might want to mention that certain potions are very hard to sell in bulk (agility, fishing, lower weapon poisons).
- Therefore might want a strategy guide!
- I think all skill pages should have a list of quests that give xp in that skill. For example - Quests that raise herblore - Digsite, Druidic ritual, Eadgars Ruse, Heros, Jungle Potion, Recruitment Drive, Shades of Mort'ton, Zogre flesh eaters -done
Would it be possible for someone to get a picture for all doses of each potion? Pictures of each dose look really cool when you look at the infobox. I can contribute, but I only have level 45 Herblore and can't make several potions, plus I don't really want to waste doses of some of my better potions just for a pic. Gangsterls talk03:03, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
Training Guide[edit source]
This is a pretty good article, but along with the great info, it would be useful to have a level-by-level training guide. I could put some ideas down, but my experience with Herblore is relatively low. It would be nice to know which potions should be made at which levels in a way that would be both cost effective and a quick way to level. Any thoughts? TIRRIANGANT (TALK) 18:10, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- When people ask me this, I always tell them to make everything they can. At higher levels I stopped bothering with herbs below ranarr, but if someone's asking they're probably not that high. It isn't easy to pick just one herb to train on, because of the random way they usually become available. Hv 19:51, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
- Some suggestions are useful. Also, there are ways to pick one herb if that player does much farming. I plant ranarrs and at the moment plan on training my herblore using only them (they're fairly cost effective). When I was trying to get my herblore up for Legends I killed a bunch of Chaos Druids and used every herb they dropped until I could make prayer pots. Then I made prayer pots, and either sold them and used the money for more ranarrs, or I traded them directly for the ranarrs. So to some point, it is possible to control which herbs are used in order to level your herblore. I still use the other herbs I get too, just because they're something, but it would be nice to have some advice as to which potions are best to make, which ones have the easiest materials to gather, etc. We just don't have a training guide yet, so if you're willing to make one, it would be pretty useful :o) TIRRIANGANT (TALK) 21:47, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
Table column order[edit source]
Does anyone object to me reordering the table columns so that the first 3 are Potion, Level, Experience? Seems to me that these are probably the most useful ones when trying to work out what to make with a load of herbs. Pointy 14:51, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
- Go for it, could be useful, and it seems like a more sensible order of displaying the information. TIRRIANGANT (TALK) 15:18, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
barbarian potions[edit source]
Ok guys I have created articles for all the barabrian potions, they are still stubs though because they require images, street prices etc, I am no herblorist so it will have to be someone else doing that. Good luck with the rest of it, I have probably halved the time you will need to complete the article. :-) Bob2006ty(RUNESTORM333) talk
- Thanks! Great work. ;) --Whiplash 12:31, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
Article split[edit source]
The article was too big, so I decided to split it. My first thought was to create a separate article for potions, but there were other main articles that already existed where I could move some information. So if you think some content is missing, check Vial, Herb, and Unfinished potion. ;-) Leevclarke talk 23:04, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
- Wouldn't it be easier to have that thing with "main article:herb" for herbs, vials etc. on the page?? It wouldn't take up much space on the page and they definitely are a major part of herblore and therefore should be included on the page. [[File:]] User talk Evil Yanks Contribs [[File:]] 05:21, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Potion redirect?[edit source]
'Potion' should redirect to Herblore, as the Herblore-related potions are MUCH more commonly used than the spot-cleaning one.22:00, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
- I disagree. The spot-cleaning potion is called "potion", whereas the potions used in Herblore have various other names (like strength potion, for example). So it is appropriate for Potions to redirect to Herblore (at least until this article is split, which it will need soon), but Potion should be the article on the item called "potion"... which it is. :-) It is the responsibility of anyone who inserts a link into an article to make sure that the link points to the appropriate page, but people are not always so diligent. So if you see an inappropriate link (e.g. linking to Potion when the context is really about Herblore potions), change it! Leevclarke talk 03:11, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Splitting Potions[edit source]
The trivia section mentions that most potions can be divided or split into smaller doses. However, I have tried many times to do that with no success. Please add the method for doing that to this article. Thank you. Whiznatery 20:45, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
See the Barbarian potions section on how to split a 4-dose potion into a 2-dose potion.
Thanks for the info. However, that's a bit difficult to find. In a Recent Updates post, Jagex says they will add the ability to decant into 1 or 3-dose potions. Perhaps then would be a good time to add a small section on decanting so that this info will be easier to find. Whiznatery 14:25, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
price to make[edit source]
a price to make column should be added to this thread as well as average loss/gain per xp.
Another name for herblore is herby, lots of people call it herby. Whenever I edit it to herby, it gets changed back to herblaw. No one calls it herblaw anymore, WAY more people call it herby. Why is herblaw allowed and herby isn't? Bit stupid.
Barbarian potions always lose money[edit source]
The game is full of people of the mistaken belief that all Barbarian potions are worthless. This irrational assumption is based on two beliefs. First, that you always need 4-dose potions. And second, that you're always better off carrying food in the extra slot opened up by a 4-dose potion. There are cases where this is true; boss fights and PvP come to mind. And there are many cases where this is not true. For example, say you are doing a slayer task, and use Combat mix, and then fill up your inventory with goodies before the 2nd dose wears off. Now you've got a vial with 2 doses left in it. So you throw them away? Or carry them back to bank, a spot wasted, that valuable drops could have occupied. So, you buy 4-dose and decant to 2-doses? Now you need to pay for the extra empty vials, and then each dose doesn't heal anything.
Anyways, because the game seems to be filled with highly unintelligent people, who are prejudiced against 2-dose Barbarian potions, and always spreading these untruths around, the items rarely if ever sell on the Grand Exchange, even at 1gp. I have no idea how the GE Prices are listed in the hundreds of coins or more, when they do not sell, and the price has continuously been dropping for over 2 years now.
I would not recommend them in any "Calculator", because they are always nearly 100% loss. It would be faster to drop them on the ground, rather than let them tie up slots in your GE for months at a time at 1gp. Make only enough for personal use, and cut your losses there. Until or unless people in the game ever become more intelligent, or Jagex drastically rebalances Barbarian potions to make them blatantly valuable, then this is not likely to change. Ever. Warp9pnt9 23:59, September 21, 2011 (UTC)
Ranging potion[edit source]
With level 33 Ranged, the potion boosted the skill to 36. The simplest explanation is that it boosts by 3, but more data may tell a different story. I've added this for now.
— Lexmechanic (talk) 06:27, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Tagging Vythner for this.
Personally I don't see the need to include potion, herb, etc tables on the main herblore page when they have their own articles. A good example of this is the Summoning article which has a separate article for pouches, scrolls, familiars, etc. In addition, judging by past discussions, it appears there were multiple consensus on several occasions to split potion recipes, herbs, etc from the main page. Also another thing to note is those tables can not be collapsed when using the mobile interface (which I don't use but I'm sure others do) so it clogs the page with information that people weren't necessarily looking for. 18:13, 31 October 2020 (UTC)