Green Partyhat[edit source]
Now Jagex Made It So You Can't Sell Them To Stores. Any Idea Why? They Used To Be 1 GP, And I Checked Again Yesterday, But Now It Won't Let Me Sell My Green Partyhat. It Says It Can't Be Sold. It's Pretty Annoying.22:03, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
- It's due to Jagex's response to real world item trading. Discontinued items can no longer be sold to stores due to their relatively low general store value compared to player value. Dtm142 22:05, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
That's a good point.00:28, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
This, to me, is very puzzling. They say it's to prevent RWT, yet general stores now sell items for either their Grand Exchange price, or even higher. Who would buy a partyhat from the general store for 1.1% (Random example, i'm not saying this is the actual multiplier) more than the Grand Exchange price? Polo7210 03:48, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
Green Partyhat being 'Dupable'[edit source]
Just saw that in the article, I highly doubt this is true as such a major blunder would cause a sever shortfall to Runescape's economy. If this is true, however, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE REPORT IT ASAP! --Fruit.Smoothie 04:04, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sure this isn't true. Probably just vandalism. 04:10, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Reported as a bug just in case. Hate to be a party pooper for all those with free partyhats, though. --Fruit.Smoothie 04:17, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- I have personally used this glitch. There is NO harm in doing so, as you can't do anything with house options up. Someone just lends you an item til logout, you turn on house options, they demand it/log out, and you have a useless just for looks duplicated lent item. 126.96.36.199 12:02, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
- This has been around since Lending FIRST CAME OUT! It's not just since November 9th!!! FerrelShadow 05:07, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
What's the use[edit source]
What is the use of a green partyhat it doesn't really do anything except you can sell it at the G.E but no one will buy it?
22:36, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
It's a status symbol --22:39, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
22:54, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
no wonder old people think of us young gamers as weird... we think of a paper, toy crown as a status symbol and consider it worth more then all but 2 other items. odd, eh?03:34, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
Street Price Surpassing that of Yellow[edit source]
" Its street price surpassed the price of Yellow Partyhats due to the release of Royal Crowns."
This is an inaccurate statement; it should be noted that Green Partyhats were more valuable than Yellow Partyhats at least since 2003 (see graph: http://www.tip.it/runescape/quest2/graphofphats.png) and the event of Yellow surpassing Green in street-price during the restricted-trade era was an anomaly of limited time, a spike in the price of the yellow partyhat. The cosmetic royal crown certainly did not lower the value of the yellow partyhat or slow down its rate of price increase.
The statement " Its street price surpassed the price of Yellow Partyhats due to the release of Royal Crowns." is an idiotic throwaway remark which certainly does not deserve to be within the headlines of an article.