What determines what you get a particular combat rock from?[edit source]
Based on what I have seen the determining factor appears to be weakness. I got both of the ranging golden rocks from Mutated Male Jadinkos. weakness stab and they only used melee attacks.18.104.22.168 17:04, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- So you're saying it's determined by weakness based on getting two ranged rocks from a monster with melee weakness? 17:06, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I think he meant that you get the rock corresponding to the theorical combat style which weakness you're exploiting ; i.e., getting Ranged rocks from a monster with a Melee weakness (got one from Jungle Strykewyrms, and they don't use Range), Magic rock from a Ranged weakness, and Melee rock from a Magic weakness. I also observed this pattern, if it helps. 22.214.171.124 22:02, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I was doing a Slayer task of Ice Strykewyrms, and three times, I got Ranged rocks and Slayer rocks. Ice wyrms don't use ranged like all wyrms, and use magic/melee, and yet, I didn't get a single one. Also their weakness is Fire spells. Either Ice wyrms are bugged, or something isn't adding up. Gat235 02:18, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
- It is based upon the attack type used by the monster. although from the sounds of it certain monsters appear to have been assigned combat rocks that are different from their normally used attack styles.126.96.36.199 15:14, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
About the Voice of Seren[edit source]
Does the Voice of Seren apply to ALL skilling in an area? Such as the Cryws sector being illuminated and I started burying bones. Would I have a higher chance at getting a Prayer rock there than if I was burying them at the Grand Exchange? Gat235 19:13, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Pretty sure it only applies to the clan's related skills.188.8.131.52 22:03, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
Halved chance like Strange Rocks?[edit source]
Does obtaining golden rocks have the same rule of the odds of obtaining a second rock being halved until a rock is obtained in another skill? So far I've been getting the second one without any problems, but not sure if that's just luck.
- REDIRECT User:Fewfre/signature.css
- It's hard to tell, I am inclined to think so, but there is confirmation bias and statistical significance to consider. Rich Farmbrough, 17:32 6 October 2014 (UTC).
Rocks during dungeoneering[edit source]
I had one prayer rock during dungeoneering today, because my Deamonheim aura 3 crushed a bone for me. By the end of the dungeon I had already forgotten about it and as it wasn't in my inventory after the dungeon anymore, I had presumed that it just went to my bank or box. When I check for it after several other dungeons, it was nowhere to be found. This makes me think that you are able to get rocks in dungeoneering, but that they get destroyed once you finish them because they are non-deamonheim items. There must be a bug in play here, because it can't be intended to work like this. It is either the fact that you shouldn't be able to get rocks during dungeoneering, or the fact that they aren't on the list of allowed items/shouldn't be destroyed.
Prayer rocks from scattering ashes[edit source]
Just did a slayer task for 184 abby demons: got both slayer/melee rocks (about halfway through) yet no prayer rock for manually scattering every ash. Am I just really unlucky for that, or does it only work for urns? Piron (talk) 06:19, September 26, 2014 (UTC)
- I got my first statue's Prayer rocks by scattering ashes, so I guess you just were unlucky.184.108.40.206 14:48, September 26, 2014 (UTC)
- By the way, regarding Prayer rocks, does anyone know if they can be recieved while using the Ectofuncus or PoH altars ?220.127.116.11 13:45, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Confirmed on obtaining those when using bones on PoH altars 18.104.22.168 15:06, October 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Just got one from the Ectofuncus. 22.214.171.124 18:18, October 28, 2014 (UTC)
Livid farm[edit source]
Can you get Prayer rocks using cremation? 126.96.36.199 16:34, October 24, 2014 (UTC)
- If you're in a clan you could check if you get anagogic orts while cremating bones, if so you'll be able to get strange/golden rocks too. 17:04, October 24, 2014 (UTC)