|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 |
Crucible Max Cash Gold Duplication Glitch[edit source]
A major glitch must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The glitch provided an unfair advantage to those who exploited it before it was patched
- The glitch impacted the game to the extent that regular play was impossible
- The glitch resulted in a game rollback
- The glitch received significant recognition from Jagex staff and/or the player community (ie. multiple newsposts/forum topics)
My edit to an addition of this article meets bullet points 1 and 4. It has been patched, so it complies. Why are you (whoever) reverting it? I can gather more information if it does not meet requirements.
When the Crucible Money Making Glitch referenced earlier, above, was fixed, a glitch with the [bank]]PIN on the money pouch let players quickly enter the Crucible Arena, paying their fee, and exited, went to the bank to refill their money pouch to maximum capacity, and got their fee back. What resulted was two stacks of their fee repaid dropping to the floor, duplicating what they were to normally be paid out only once. This could be repeated repeatedly. Estimates on the amount of gold duplicated vary from 800billion to 7 trillion gold. Prior to being virally leaked, people were known to have multiple scripts repeating the glitch since at least 20 June. It has been patched.
22.214.171.124 06:11, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
- RTE failures, we generally don't like YouTube links, and when you were adding it earlier today, it was an unpatched glitch (which are strictly not allowed in articles). If the glitch has been patched, it can be added back. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 06:35, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
Is this really considered a glitch, which by definition entails a problem/error with the program, while the account bans incident was plainly reported to be a result of "human error". --Limxzero (talk | contribs) 18:41, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I'd say that's not a glitch, but obviously people's opinion will differ. Mostly, because a human error caused a program to ban massive amounts of people. Feel free to discuss it on Ban like it was discussed on Botwatch, though. 18:45, September 27, 2012 (UTC)