Talk:Gielinorian God Wars
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Seven Warriors/ Barrow Brothers
- 3 shoulded the dragon dagger
- 4 Use info
- 5 God Wars or Third Age?
- 6 Answer
- 7 3rd age armour
- 8 AoG campaign canon
- 9 nuclear war comment
- 10 Underwater City?
- 11 Request for source material.
- 12 Accuracy of Events
- 13 Redirect God Wars to Third Age
- 14 Necessarity, shamelet of de wars.
- 15 Move back to God Wars
- 16 Combatants
- 17 Merge the Third-Age article and this one.
Wow, i've never even heard of this, cool! Dreadnought 23:10, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
Well now you have. Im doing some very hard research to get more details on the wars of this time. --Whiplash 23:20, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- Hm...What category would this article go in? JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 06:34, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
More of its own category I think. --Whiplash 22:46, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
Seven Warriors/ Barrow Brothers[edit source]
The Barrow Brothers are not the same as the Seven Warriors. The Seven Warriors held back the forces of Lord Drakan, with Ivandis being the sole survivor while the Barrow Brothers invaded Morytania after that event. Chaoticar 21:50, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
The Seven Warriors existed during the Fourth Age, so they don't need to be mentioned in this article. The article on the Fourth Age, though, could use some info on them. Morian Smith 21:51, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
shoulded the dragon dagger[edit source]
be added in the third age article becuase the Revenants drop them
18.104.22.168 04:30, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
Use info[edit source]
well this is a nice helpguide and tell people wat is there and wats happening i want to ask the owner of the website could i copy the article to my runescape helping site please if you alow me i would be very greate full--22.214.171.124 (talk)
- I've responded on the user's talk page.--Richard 19:42, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
God Wars or Third Age?[edit source]
The Game Guide refers to it as the Third Age [http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2703#the_third_age], so shouldn't that be the appropriate title for this article?03:10, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- I agree that third age is the better name. Not only because it the God Wars is an unofficial names that NPC's use (i think), it goes with the current fashion of age naming (we call it the fifth age, not the age of humans) Evil Yanks talk 09:39, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Agree too. There were things happening in the Third Age, besides God Wars.
The Third Age and God Wars are more or less the same, just that the whole Third Age was taken up by the War so there's not much point in having two articles when the only thing that happened during the Age was the God Wars.
3rd age armour[edit source]
the equipment section is weird, first it talks about mage 3rd age armor, range 3rd age armor, and melee 3rd age armor, then it seems to be talking about eather bandos, 3rd age or armadyl, (assuming armadyl can be smithed). then it says it was called 3rd age armor, and yet it has a picture of bandos armor. isnt this a bit confusing?
AoG campaign canon[edit source]
According to the new Funorb Q&A with Mod Korpz, the Armies of Gielinor campaign is canon information about the Godwars. http://services.funorb.com/m=forum_fo/l=0/forums.ws?0,1,106,57343,goto,4 It's my question. Long Live Armadyl 21:51, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
nuclear war comment[edit source]
in the Impact on Gielinor today section, it says somthing about "the god wars being the runscape equivelent of a nuclear war", it should say a second god wars, as in real life there hasnt been a nuke war in rl
Underwater City?[edit source]
I've never heard mention of this in runescape. Can someone confirm or remove this please? Teh alch 02:09, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
there is a quest where you go to a underwater city i think?
Request for source material.[edit source]
In the "significant events" area, it says that after the Dwarves build Keldagrim, they cease Magic use. What is the source info for this comment? I would be delighted to see it for myself... Icecold531 22:03, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
Accuracy of Events[edit source]
Someone said that Necrovarus transformed Port Phasmatys during the 3rd Age. This is completely false, as his takeover was actually quite recent, in the late 4th or 5th age. It was so recent, that the Old Crone (one of Necrovarus' disciples) is still alive. Also, the farmer near Phasmatys had only died recently as a result of the Temple's construction. If the takeover had been in the 3rd age, then the Ectofunctus' effects should have been able to radiate much farther out than a farm which is less than a mile away (you might say it is a few feet away, but remember Scale Theory). I deleted that part, and I suggest we find other events in here which are clearly not part of the 3rd age. M838383m 17:15, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
Redirect God Wars to Third Age[edit source]
Because a lot of things happened in the Third Age and not all that was part of the God Wars. --Flajuram 16:08, January 17, 2011 (UTC)
Necessarity, shamelet of de wars.[edit source]
Most certainly, i would state that Guthix did not fight during the wars, at all, but surely, necessarily even, the guthixian themselves did have to, rather than running away, but defending themselves, of course, and allying with such as saradominists or whoeverelse, you know. They surely had part in fights, but also at very end, when awaking Guthix himself to stop the primitive fights over something so foulish, what about there should be no fight, and it surely was a shame that Zamorak had to be so simple-minded fella that time, indeed..
Move back to God Wars[edit source]
Why does this have to be called "Gielinorian God Wars"? The Naragi God Wars hardly impact our lore - they made Guthix who he was, but that hardly makes them as relevant as the God Wars on our plane. I think we should move this article back to God Wars and then give that article a new section called "Other God Wars" with a link to Naragi and perhaps in the future others. Oil4 Talk 17:23, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. We could easily put "if your looking for the Naragi God Wars, go here" message at the top of the page. Do you realize how many links this seems to break? Move it back, or fix the links, as I feel it ridiculous that every link to the God Wars redirects to a disambiguation page, especially since it shouldn't (logically). Or, we could create "God Wars (disambiguation)", since, as already stated, there's only one that really affects our lore.
As an example, when people mention the War of 1812, people don't second guess what you mean in the US, since it's the only war related to our general overall history. Just as the God Wars are to RuneScape.
- REDIRECT User:Fewfre/signature.css
- Thanks whoever chose to have "God Wars" redirect here ;)
- REDIRECT User:Fewfre/signature.css
- Completely agree. Unfortunately, the War infobox doesn't quite support semi-free-for-all wars. The article is an utter mess anyway. Truly horrible. 09:29, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
Merge the Third-Age article and this one.[edit source]
I don't understand the need for two different articles describing what's essentially the same thing.
- Because the Third Age is a defined period of time, while the God Wars are a series of wars and battles. The connection is that the God Wars happened during the Third Age, and in fact filled it almost completely - but they are still separate. E.g. one is an event, the other isn't. But feel free to start an RfM I guess. 19:08, June 27, 2015 (UTC)