- 1 Dragon Medium Helms and Tooth Halves
- 2 Spirit Seeds Confirmed as drop.
- 3 Rune Bar drop
- 4 Dreadnips?
- 5 Loot from 20 hours ganodermic beasts
- 6 Explain to me why bonecrusher and holy wrench are recommended.
- 7 This NPC drops items that normally are only on the RDT
- 8 Incorrect information?
- 9 Rune Kiteshield drop?
- 10 Adjusted a few 'rarity' values
- 11 Anagogic ort drops
Dragon Medium Helms and Tooth Halves[edit source]
Have recieved 3 Tooth half keys and 8 Loops in under 2 hours here, along with 2 dragon medium helms. Others seems to have similar drops of half keys, will provide screen shots. These drops are likely not to be from the rare drop table.
I got 8 loops and 2 teeth.. It was crazy, used my full inventory. It seems strange that somebody had similar experience to me. It was in 2 horus too (6 overloads/6renewals/8pray pots method..) Drikam 22:09, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
I've experienced a high volume of half keys but not the dragon meds you're talking about at all.
Spirit Seeds Confirmed as drop.[edit source]
Confirmed as a drop. Just got one myself as well. Screenshot will be provided if asked.
- I can also confirm that Spirit seeds are dropped. 06:14, November 29, 2011 (UTC)
- I got 8 already. Love these monsters.. Drikam 22:09, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- i changed the drop rate from very rare to rare as they seem to drop just little more rare than other tree seeds
- My data shows the same so far - though the difference is not that big.Vmser (talk) 08:31, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
Rune Bar drop[edit source]
Is the drop relatively common, or is it rare enough to be from the rare drop table, and not actually the monster's unique table. If anyone happens to go there with a ring of wealth, feel free to change it if the ring shines brightly for that drop. Sadly, I can't check myself, since I'm 86 slayer.04:27, November 29, 2011 (UTC)
I had one rune bar drop, it was while wearing a RoW. I killed tons of them, I could say it's from the rare drop table. Drikam 22:09, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
To re-confirm, I got it only once and I've killed many as well. Definitely a ROW drop.
Just throwing this out there, but has anyone actually tried Dreadnips on the Ganodermic Beasts? As long as the dreadnip can see you I would assume that they wouldn't disappear, and also asking since they do "typeless" damage. K16 01:41, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
I tried them. They suck. They hit 30s or i was very unlucky. I did not see them being poisoned, but they might be immune, didn't check it with monster examine. Dreadnips get stuck in certain places and cant reach your monster while your hiding behind obstacles. They are not worth it, their damage is reduced. Drikam 22:09, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
Loot from 20 hours ganodermic beasts[edit source]
Keep in mind this was the day after they were released so the prices were high.
10:59, December 1, 2011 (UTC)~~
got 25 earth talisman drop and my ring of wealth didng 'shine' so i think its one of the beasts drops
- It is still a Rare drop table drop, because they can still be received even with no ring of wealth affect. 06:53, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
- i'm currently at 3 noted coal drops without (0 with ) the ring shine make me wonder if they are all rdt drops.Branmans 14:00, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
Explain to me why bonecrusher and holy wrench are recommended.[edit source]
Can someone explain to me why bonecrusher and holy wrench are recommended on every single one of the polypore dungeon monsters' pages? I don't find bonecrusher all that useful here to be honest. At least, not much more useful than at say, fire giants, or other bone dropping monsters. I think bonecrusher should only be recommended on pages when paired with the daemonheim "prayer necklaces" or where bones are dropp in high volumes or the monsters can be killed extremely quickly.
As for holy wrench. It is arguably more useful than bonecrusher but holy wrench in itself is often disputed in its usefulness already. I don't find holy wrench much more useful here than at any other monsters that require prayer usage. Unless there is a significant advantage to having either of these items while killing monsters in the polypore dungeon, I plan on removing both items for each polypore dungeon's page soon unless there is an overwhelmingly large opposition to their removal. I'll give this a few days.
Please state your opinion below.
I vote to remove both. 126.96.36.199 09:56, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- With the lack of discussion I have removed the information. 188.8.131.52 13:31, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
can you please add mage void set to the end of suggested equipement? i would even go as far to say its further up then last... due to the +30% accuracy combined with polypore staff and arcane stream necklace is deadly to it.
I find the holy wrench very useful as it helps me regenerate prayer back without spending any with prayer renewal while praying mage.
This NPC drops items that normally are only on the RDT[edit source]
I've killed 1000's of these and the frequency of drops such as magic and tortsol seeds as well as key halves make it obvious that these items are part of the gano beasts regular drops and not being dropped from the rare drop table.
Tried to add the above items to the drop section but was blocked from adding items deemed to be from the RDT
If someone knows to fix this please do so.
I've also tried adding this to the seed drops and it's given me the same error. Since they only drop 1 torstol/magic seed at a time, that's pretty convincing evidence that it's a regular drop, not RDT.
Incorrect information?[edit source]
The article claims the beasts are found 'at the bottom of the Polypore Dungeon, or second to bottom floor if the player has 73 Agility'. They are definitely not on the second to bottom floor of the agility side of the dungeon, if that's what 'if the player has 73 Agility' means. I've just checked and can confirm this. Inelcirc 22:16, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
I suppose so I looked on the map on RS database, looked at the map and i saw black dots on level 3 (2 for UK). It also said black dots were Ganodermic beasts. Dungeonmaster12 16:41, June 10, 2012 (UTC)
Got 2 shield left halves today at genodermic beasts. Also loop and teeth key parts, got one of each on same trip.184.108.40.206 02:46, June 21, 2012 (UTC)cradman
Rune Kiteshield drop?[edit source]
I've killed a ton of these and never experienced a Kite drop before today. I noticed it wasn't on the main page and was wondering if someone could add it as 'very rare'. I'm positive it isn't on the rare drop table so this is the only explanation.
Adjusted a few 'rarity' values[edit source]
Based on my drop log (1200+ kills) I adjusted some of the rarity values, mainly for the high end tree seeds, from 'rare' to 'uncommon'
|Item||Count||Percent||Long||1 Per||Last Drop||Add|
|ganodermic flake||204||16.61%||5||6.019||2 (4m)|
|polypore spore||203||16.53%||4||6.049||22 (25m)|
|3||gorajijan mushroom||127||10.34%||3||9.669||1 (2m)|
|watermelon seed||84||6.840%||3||14.61||4 (7m)|
|grimy ranarr||83||6.758%||2||14.79||3 (6m)|
|blood rune||68||5.537%||2||18.05||7 (12m)|
|death rune||68||5.537%||2||18.05||8 (13m)|
|fellstalk seed||22||1.791%||1||55.81||6 (10m)|
|magic seed||22||1.791%||1||55.81||9 (15m)|
|torstol seed||20||1.628%||2||61.4||83 (15h)|
|polypore stick||19||1.547%||1||64.63||75 (15h)|
|palm tree seed||17||1.384%||1||72.23||42 (14h)|
|lantadyme seed||15||1.221%||1||81.86||28 (14h)|
|papaya tree seed||15||1.221%||1||81.86||18 (22m)|
|spirit seed||15||1.221%||2||81.86||13 (19m)|
|ganodermic gloves||12||0.977%||1||102.3||162 (23h)|
|snapdragon seed||12||0.977%||1||102.3||264 (4d)|
|21||key half - teeth||11||0.895%||2||111.6||139 (23h)|
|ganodermic boots||9||0.732%||1||136.4||71 (15h)|
|23||key half - loop||9||0.732%||1||136.4||72 (15h)|
|yew seed||9||0.732%||1||136.4||203 (1d)|
|dragon dagger||8||0.651%||1||153.5||131 (22h)|
|long bone||5||0.407%||1||245.6||667 (13d)|
|rune battleaxe||3||0.244%||1||409.3||61 (15h)|
|uncut sapphire||3||0.244%||1||409.3||601 (13d)|
|29||law rune (45)||2||0.162%||1||614||227 (1d)|
|30||raw shark (250)||2||0.162%||1||614||86 (15h)|
|rune bar||2||0.162%||1||614||36 (14h)|
|shield left half||2||0.162%||1||614||695 (13d)|
|uncut emerald||2||0.162%||1||614||318 (4d)|
|34||RDT - 17 clean torstol||1||0.081%||1||1228||160 (23h)|
|35||RDT - 200 battlestaves||1||0.081%||1||1228||930 (14d)|
|36||RDT - 31 clean snapdragon||1||0.081%||1||1228||933 (14d)|
|37||adamant bolts (200)||1||0.081%||1||1228||377 (11d)|
|38||earth talisman (33)||1||0.081%||1||1228||976 (14d)|
|39||nature rune (79)||1||0.081%||1||1228||329 (11d)|
|rune 2h sword||1||0.081%||1||1228||51 (15h)|
|41||rune arrow (150)||1||0.081%||1||1228||943 (14d)|
|rune kiteshield||1||0.081%||1||1228||1218 (14d)|
|rune square shield||1||0.081%||1||1228||235 (4d)|
|spin ticket||1||0.081%||1||1228||82 (15h)|
Anagogic ort drops[edit source]
Been wondering - I think orts only drop alongside certain other drops.
Based on other readings here - that would indicate whether or not an item is part of its own drop table or the rare drop table.
- You should read the anagogic ort page. Most of what you're "discovering" is already there. 19:47, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm well aware. It's just determining what drops are linked to RDT and which aren't. For the ones with higher occuring drop rates it might be on the monsters own drop table rather then be RDT-based?
- Based on my own findings I'd like to filter the RDT drops that are listed atm from the current page.
- Cut dragonstone and rune bar gave me orts too - answers one of the above questions. Vmser (talk) 20:41, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
- 150 rune arrow drop gave orts too - though not listed on the RDTVmser (talk) 17:44, December 24, 2012 (UTC)
- 62 nature rune drop gave orts Vmser (talk) 17:44, December 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Much to my surprise - orts drop along 3 watermelon seeds Vmser (talk) 19:00, December 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Rune 2h gave orts too. Vmser (talk) 09:22, December 26, 2012 (UTC)
- 200 adam bolts and 45 death runes both gave orts. Vmser (talk) 13:16, December 26, 2012 (UTC)