Talk:Free-to-play melee training
- 1 Split Guide
- 2 Missed Level
- 3 Black Knights
- 4 Not missed
- 5 Should it
- 6 Battleaxe better than scimmy?
- 7 10 out of 10
- 8 Missing dungeon.
- 9 Wikify this...
- 10 Strength vs. Power
- 11 EoC Training
- 12 Count Draynor as a training method
- 13 Best nondegradable free-to-play melee armor
- 14 Remove Ankou?
- 15 Exp Gain
Split Guide[edit source]
I have split this Guide from the existing P2P Melee Training Guide. Please revise as you see fit, but do NOT change the level categorization. They are categorized like that for a reason.
Doomedrusher|Talk||Contributions||Edit Count| 16:08, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
Missed Level[edit source]
What about lvls 99-126? They have been missed out.18.104.22.168 13:51, 11 April 2008 (UTC)
- I think, that this page display skill lvls, not combat lvls, and that could be misunderstanding.--RFZ 13:56, 11 April 2008 (UTC)
- Yea this is to train separately attack, strength and defense --22.214.171.124 17:15, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
Black Knights[edit source]
It says to use a warhammer as an alternative to a scimitar, but i find that the scimitar is significantly faster to kill them (maybe 15%). Could this just be some quirk from my particular levels or is it just that the idea that crush is better here is a miss conception?
- Yeah, the scimmy is always going to be faster training...the only monsters where stab or crush really matter are high-level members-only ones like waterfiends. --troacctid 19:17, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Not missed[edit source]
I think the guy who wrote this guide meant to didvide the guide on bases of MELEE levels (Strength, Attack, Defence) not COMBACT levels.
Should it[edit source]
Should we add killing about 300 chickens a day for 30 years, or like 900 per day for one year, (or 328500 chickens all together) to this list, it may take some time, but it can reward people with bones to bury, to get levels up easily for new players, feathers for fletchery, and chicken meat to cook?--Eustas P. Vanderbanger III 19:41, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- You need to ask? Of course we shouldn't add it. That's a ridiculous method. --troacctid 22:16, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Battleaxe better than scimmy?[edit source]
I'm referring to the portion which reads "The battleaxe is a bit more powerful on hands with equal or higher attack than strength, and can also be used with a shield." My Attack level is 1 level higher than my strength level, and I tested if this statement was true. I used a battleaxe, and timed the time taken to kill a giant spider (lvl 50), then repeated this 4 times (altogether 5 times). I then did the same with a scimitar. Average time taken: Scimmy - 22.2s, Battleaxe - 30.4s Therefore, it appears that a scimmy is actually better than a battleaxe even when your attack is slightly higher. Both my weapons were rune and I used slash for both weapons, so the conditions are exactly the same. Can anybody clarify?
Aeiralis 12:54, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
10 out of 10[edit source]
This is a GREAT article! I think its the best on this wiki. 126.96.36.199 23:15, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
Missing dungeon.[edit source]
The Lumbridge Catacombs Dungeon should be encorporated into this combat training guide as it is good for lower level players.
Wikify this...[edit source]
The exclamation points and use of BOLD font make it appear as if the guide is 'talking' to you..."So-and-so monster can hit THIS MUCH!"; I'm gonna be following this page for a bit and editting little-by-little each day to keep it more of a 'guide', I'd like some help if you have nothing else to do, people of RS Wikia :D Tsiadon 16:09, October 2, 2010 (UTC)Tsiadon
Strength vs. Power[edit source]
Someone said that there was a test done between Amulet of Strength vs. Amulet of Power, but didn't give the exact results or a source. Is there any solid evidence that AoP is 'slower' than AoS, or were the results just odd? 188.8.131.52 00:35, July 23, 2012 (UTC)
EoC Training[edit source]
In EoC, I found that at 70 attack and strength, killing deadly red spiders (seem to be best melee xp in f2p) with a rune mace in Karamja volcano gave almost exactly 60kxp/h in melee (and 20kxp/h in constitution), though it was somewhat crowded. I'll try to test the benfits of a rune 2h sword and/or sling (to mark spiders) later. 184.108.40.206 19:33, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree with this, the spiders are now 136cb, and give more exp per kill (554~) than Greater demons, Lesser demons and Hellhounds. With a rune 2h and using abilities, not momentum, I was able to kill 2 per 30 seconds at 86 in all melee combat stats (timed by when overpower was availiable), which is 240 spiders per hour or 132k exp in melee and constitution combined.
- A 2h is much better than other options (since I believe f2p has no 2h crush weapon) because it can use a large number of abilities, enough so that you can constantly be using them with no downtime if you use the correct rotation, resulting in the fastest possible adrenaline gain.
- 220.127.116.11 01:48, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I concur, a 2h is optimal since it has a 1.5x dps boost over one-handed weapons. A shield should be brought for rejuvenate, however. Even though spiders are weak to crush, I found that using a rune mace significantly increased the time spent on each spider. At 74 attack and 80 strength, I consistently 3-4 hit spiders, and even less with overpower (which can be activated every 1-2 spiders whilst ability-spamming).
Count Draynor as a training method[edit source]
Count Draynor should be removed as a training method, as you will never kill him unless you're on the quest, and even then he only gives a minimal amount of xp. 18.104.22.168 14:36, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
Best nondegradable free-to-play melee armor[edit source]
Perhaps something to add to the article (I may do it later). Is the best training gear full rune, a rune 2h, amulet of strength, warpriest gloves and boots, and a team cape? Am I missing anything? --Canifis 09:58, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Once the Battle of Lumbridge is far enough along, the best F2P gear will be full warpriest armour. It has stats equal to that of dragon, thus being 10 defence levels higher than rune armour. IP22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:49, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
Remove Ankou?[edit source]
After the Free to Play Extravaganza update, Ankou went from having around 2200 to 10750 hp and are probably not a viable training spot anymore. 126.96.36.199 22:35, March 5, 2016 (UTC)
Exp Gain[edit source]
If you could please update the exp gained for certain monsters like Giant Spider lvl 39, is only a gain for 91 exp for either (Strength, Attack, or Defence). and a 30 exp gain in Constitution. 11/6/17