- 1 Appearance update
- 2 Untitled
- 3 old version
- 4 Grouping
- 5 Brimhaven Dungeon
- 6 Doubtful drops.
- 7 Torstol drop
- 8 New location - resource dungeon in the waterfall dungeon.
- 9 Charm Log
- 10 Strange observation
- 11 Rune arrows
- 12 Added dragon dagger, possible update with r.o.w.?
- 13 Fixed my drag dagger mistake with rarity
- 14 Onyx bolts
- 15 Yew logs
- 16 Untitled
- 17 Water tali drop rate?
- 18 Soul rune
- 19 Dragonstone
- 20 Uncut Dragonstone confirmed
- 21 Silver ore (100, noted)
- 22 Battlestaves
- 23 Long bones drop rate
- 24 Dragon dagger drop
- 25 TokKul-Zo
- 26 Odd drop log
- 27 Vecna Skull
- 28 Dragon dagger
- 29 Higher lvl combat players
- 30 Weird drop? ;o
- 31 Weaponless fire giants?
- 32 Experience listing
- 33 Clues
- 34 Data Error
- 35 Drop
- 36 Cut dragonstone dropping?
- 37 Rune platebody?
- 38 Added template(s) for Lobster
- 39 Lobster Drop Very Rare
- 40 Mahogany Planks
- 41 2 types of fire giants in the Chaos Tunnels?
Appearance update[edit source]
Note: The Fire Giants have had their looks upgraded and look much different. Finding a new picture for this page would be good. Guthix Follower 13:12, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
- I added the new picture, but it's kinda small. If anyone have a bigger one, PUT IT.EMG Blue 10:39, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
Anyone have any drop rate information for the rune bar, baxe and square? because i've killed a ton of giants and never gotten any of these. i would think that they should have at least a rare rating next to them, but a drop rate would help with making that decision. Gorillaz 20 20:25, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
old version[edit source]
we need non-copirigthed picture(s) of the old version of the fire giant.this is for in trivia--j-g 19:56, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
- You still need that picture? i have one if so --- Skipper996 23:36, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
Brimhaven Dungeon[edit source]
If you are combat lvl 127 and above, the wild dogs are not agressive, and so brimhaven becomes very good for melee. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 17:56, April 11, 2010.
Doubtful drops.[edit source]
I did some edits recently on this article and noticed that the drop section has some drops listed that I find doubtful. I deleted 49 law runes and 37-300 fire runes, I find 49 law runes at a time doubtful, and I know for a fact that they don't drop between 37 and 300 fire runes at a time, they only drop 37 or 150. I have a feeling someone who thought they drop 300 at a time was miscalcuating which could be possible because 300 is divisable by 150. Anyway, I was thinking about deleting some of the items found in the armor section since I find it hard to believe they drop adamant med helms or black sq shields. But before doing that, I want to have a discussion about it first. Has anyone actually gotten an adamant med helm or black sq shield while fighting those monsters? I sure haven't, and I've fought 1000s of them.
I will leave the weapon section alone, since everything listed there I haven't gotten from those giants are rune weapons, I have no issue with those being listed. I know for a fact that rune items are rare. I've only gotten rune arrows and scimitar, but since rune battleaxes and 2h swords are way more valuable than scimitars, it makes sense that those drops are much rarer.
My question is should I remove adamant med helm and black sq shields from the list? Or should I let them stay? BlazeTheMovieFan 20:25, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, since it's been a week, and there has been no objection, I'm deleting those doubtful drops. BlazeTheMovieFan 03:10, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I just got a 300 fire rune drop o.O
- Candyisgood2 21:45, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Torstol drop[edit source]
well, i just got a 20 noted torstol drop worth about 700k.. wish i could have recorded, is this a monster table drop, or some bigger random?
--qqmorekid 09:02, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
New location - resource dungeon in the waterfall dungeon.[edit source]
The new resource dungeon inside the Waterfall Dungeon is full of Fire Giants and is a relatively large area and looks like a decent place to train. This page is locked, so I don't know if anyone with the proper permissions wants to add that to the article as a new location, or as a note in the Waterfall Dungeon location. Thanks! DpThought0 16:05, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
Charm Log[edit source]
- I consistently get about 60% gold charms, rather than the advertised 51-52%. The only explanation is that fire giants in different locations have seperate droprates. I kill in the Chaos Tunnels.
- By the way, wtf is with the charm log now. How do you add to it. When I edit it doesn't show all the kills and charms like it used to. I assumed that you have to add only the charms and kills that you personally have done (probably for much easier addition to the log) but that doesn't seem to update the log. gf?
I also have some issues with the charm log. I always get 2 charms dropped instead of the advertised one. Maybe there's some bonus I have activated that I don't know about? I won't contribute to the log until I know what's going on. I kill in the waterfall dungeon. Any comments? Oddlespuddle (talk) 21:44, May 4, 2014 (UTC)
- This weekend was a bonus slayer weekend, giving additional charms (amongst other things). Check the May Tasks news post. IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:34, May 5, 2014 (UTC)
Strange observation[edit source]
I went to fire giants for my slayer task and as usual wore my full bandos i found that almost every hit i took some damage so i switched to full melee void and i ended up being hit alot less which is strange as void has poor defence stats compared to tassets and bcp my def was the same all the time not boosted or anything just thought this was strange11:47, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Rune arrows[edit source]
Added dragon dagger, possible update with r.o.w.?[edit source]
- Yes, I think that's true. It is quite annoying for the wiki, as we got to find out and update all monster drop tables... Thanks for helping, JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 21:14, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
Fixed my drag dagger mistake with rarity[edit source]
Onyx bolts[edit source]
While I was on a slayer assignment, I got 300 onyx bolts. 150 of them appeared when my ring of wealth helped. The other 150 when no message popped up, so it's not exclusive to rthe ring of wealth. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 17:33, March 16, 2011.
Yew logs[edit source]
uhhh drops "4000 yew logs noted" ?????
I eneded up getting this 4,100 yew logs noted drop during a slayer assignment of 180. The ring of wealth message did not go off.
Water tali drop rate?[edit source]
I got a water tali on a fire giant slayer task. I killed oh, what was it, ~130-ish. only got 1 tali, once. Is that rare, or uncommon? I added it to the tables, but idk if I got the rarity right. Dont wanna get pplz hopes up by saying it's uncommon, right? - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 21:43, April 4, 2011.
- If you receive a drop when your RoW shines, and it's not listed here under "Additional Drops." Then please add it to there instead of, in this case, the Fire giant drop table since the effect of a RoW happens to many monsters. - - Winning444Talk 21:47, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
Soul rune[edit source]
I dont even know how this is possible but one dropped an uncut dragon stone and there was no one else in the room who might have dropped it —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 02:14, June 19, 2011.
- Remember.....this monster is a monster that drops items from the rare drop table. If you look on the list, you'll see it. 184.108.40.206 23:47, July 18, 2012 (UTC)Anonymous
Uncut Dragonstone confirmed[edit source]
I'm on a slayer task of 245 fire giants and so far they've dropped 2 uncut dragonstones. They should be added to the drops list as rare. - B Reay 01:11, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
Just thought I'd say that I got an uncut diamond drop from a fire giant and uncut diamond is not on the drop list. It took about 100 kills. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 10:28, August 15, 2011.
- Those are both rare drop table drops. 10:28, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
Silver ore (100, noted)[edit source]
Today I got a silver ore drop from these. Might be a rare table drop, can't tell cause I didn't have my ROW on. Skuller99 22:27, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
Long bones drop rate[edit source]
I'd say that long bones are not rare, but rather uncommon. i got in about 250 f giants 4 long bones and 1 curved.
Dragon dagger drop[edit source]
HI guys just been killing these and got a dragon dagger drop, was wearing a ring of wealth but did not get a message saying "Your ring of wealth shined brightly" took a screen shot anyway. 18.104.22.168 11:26, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Same with myself. Possibly is a 'very rare' drop. --Limxzero (talk | contribs) 15:41, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
does the Zo ring help too.. Fire giants look like "firery creatures" to me...?14:35, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
Odd drop log[edit source]
Vecna Skull[edit source]
was slaying, and got a drop i was like oh whats this, 812k vecna skull. no proof so mabye someone can confirm but im sure its a very rare from them. thanks.. RSN: kyleopolis —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 08:44, September 4, 2012.
- Rare drop table 08:56, September 4, 2012 (UTC)
Dragon dagger[edit source]
Hello. I don't know if this is part of a hidden update but I got a dragon dagger from a Fire Giant and my RoW did no sign of rare drop. The same happened yesterday while I was killing Steel Dragons.
In both cases, I was in the middle of a slayer task, so might this have something to do with me getting DD? 126.96.36.199 14:50, September 8, 2012 (UTC)Dark Slave 5
Higher lvl combat players[edit source]
You gonna be ok if you use something like bunyip and soul split.
Weird drop? ;o[edit source]
I just recieved a drop of 160 noted big bones, however with no message in chatbox. I wore a RoW but no message was given, so I might have been lucky or else I don't really know.. So it seems odd :> Kurrygrodan (talk) 18:06, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's possible to receive a drop from the rare drop table without the ring of wealth, and therefore without receiving the message. If you got it this way, then the ring of wealth simply didn't contribute to the increased chance that time. 18:10, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
Weaponless fire giants?[edit source]
While I was slaying fire giants and thought I would find out how much combat exp they give now, I've noticed that the xp is a bit inconsistent. The sword fire giants give 593 combat xp. The club fire giants give 599 combat xp. Both give the same slayer exp? But most notably, the weaponless fire giants only seem to give half the slayer xp and about 2/3 of the combat xp. Additionally, they have a lot less hp than the other fire giants. I'm thinking this is a glitch. Anyway, I just thought I would put up this info here in the talk page, you can do what you want with it. Dark Behemothtalk 07:08, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
Experience listing[edit source]
It would appear that the wiki page is not properly updating the experience for the 6700lp fire giants when you click the tab for it, it just continues to show the 399exp given by the ones with less lp. Can be confusing to regular people (like me) browsing the article. I had to open the editor to see that the experience granted for the 6700lp fire giants was indeed written in as 598.5. --188.8.131.52 09:10, December 3, 2012 (UTC)Blancosword
- There was a recent change to the template that displays the info to correct that problem, but it may not show up in everyone's browser just yet. Try adding "?action=purge" (without the quotes) at the end of the url and loading the page that way if you still see the error. --Saftzie (talk) 09:27, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
Data Error[edit source]
Okay, it says on the page that it is better to let the giants attack you as well as saying they're not agressive. So how are the two things possible together? 184.108.40.206 19:06, November 8, 2013 (UTC)Nate
- Changed the article to say they're aggressive, as at least those in the Waterfall dungeon are. IP220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:08, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
Cut dragonstone dropping?[edit source]
I have just received a CUT dragonstone as a drop from a Fire Giant within the Waterfall Dungeon. Can anyone else confirm that this drop has occurred for them? This is roughly the first time I have seen this drop in about 500 - 600 Fire Giants.
Once again, it is a CUT dragonstone, not an uncut dragonstone.
18.104.22.168 08:53, January 2, 2015 (UTC)herpaderp
- Both a cut and an uncut dragonstone (separately) are part of the rare drop table, which Fire giants have access to. IP22.214.171.124 (talk) 09:29, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
Rune platebody?[edit source]
- Any possibility it came from the RDT? 20:31, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
Added template(s) for Lobster[edit source]
Lobster Drop Very Rare[edit source]
Hi everyone, I added a note of 156 lobster to the drop table as it appeared twice for me already in the farming location under the waterfall, I'm not an expert of adding these pages and I'm relatively new, but I thought to add it on. Maybe someone can make a better version of this update but this was to inform you of my situation. Thank you.
Mahogany Planks[edit source]
2 types of fire giants in the Chaos Tunnels?[edit source]
I've been training on fire giants at the lvl 9 wilderness rift next to the moss giants and I believe there is a big and small version of the monster. The smaller one seems to have less defence as I am able to kill them faster, however xp given is the same and drops are the same.126.96.36.199 07:49, 16 April 2020 (UTC)Icydevil90 16/4/20