A note about NOT using either kind of compost on poison ivy berries, as they cannot become diseased, should be included
--I Fight 329 21:03, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
More appropriate to include it on the seed table. Belanderson 23:51, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
Most profitable Herb[edit source]
This page states that Toadflax is the most profitable herb to plant. That is seldom the case, usually Kwuarm or Snapdragon give a better expected return. -- Kudelv
When using a juju farming potion and torstols, I normally can gain more profit and xp than any other herb. Due to prices now a days I am not sure if this is still the case. -- IITIIerked
Edit the page![edit source]
Someone should edit the whole page, as it doesn't give direct instructions what to do for the fastest/most profitable level-up.
- I would like to add a 1 to 99 guide for farming. I have the guide written up in a word document and maybe needs some minor editing. All I would need is a experienced editor to help with the formatting. Anyone up for it? -- 02:30, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
Magic and Yew Tree death rates[edit source]
I previously had written on the article that it is recommended not to pay gardeners for these trees because the death rates do not warrant the cost.
The article now states that the death rate is 67 percent. I'd like to hear of others' experiences with not paying for these trees
I planted 110 Magic trees, using supercompost without gardener payments and only 14 died
I planted 55 Yew trees using supercompost and only 5 died
my farming level was in the upper 80s and 90's
these rates are only 12.7 and 9 percent respectively, i'd like to hear what the person who had 67 percent die was doing, and his/her farm level Elpasojerry 04:10, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
The cost to pay for a magic tree is 25 coconuts. Fruit patches are best alloted to coconut and papaya anyway, due to their use and good demand and sale value. I do not understand why anyone training farming would choose not to pay for magic trees, considering the cost of magic seeds. If one would choose not to pay, surely they would check for disease every growth interval?
Iavirissa 01:39, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
Magic seeds at this time are 272,000 gp, coconuts are 1,017gp, experiencing the same death rate as I did in my 110 tree sample, the cost of the 14 dead trees was 3.8m gp, the cost of the coconuts to protect them (had I used them) would be 2.8mgp. At current prices, I would recommend paying the gardener to protect magic trees. At the time I trained farming though, magic tree seeds were 180k each and Coconuts were around 3k each, this meant I saved 6mgp by not protecting my trees. Whether or not to protect depends entirely on how fast you want to get your exp, and how much the seeds/protecting items cost and this is always changing. I must also add that I only rarely checked the trees for disease, and any trees that I found that were diseased, I tallied as dead. Elpasojerry 17:57, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
Limpwurt patch[edit source]
The limpwurt patch in the wildernis does not get diseased after the quest. At least, it has never gotten diseased for me and I did the quest over a year ago and use it almost daily.
I do not know exactly where to insert this information. I dont think Ive come across it on this site before.
Does it go on farming: training, on farming: patches, herblore: training, Im confused.
As of now Im not going to add it anywhere, maybe someone can tell me where it belongs? Iavirissa 01:27, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
Livid farm[edit source]
- No one? I don't see any mention of "livid" in the history all the way back to March. 12:32, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
Wait-Woad TREES?!?![edit source]
Ok I knew you could plant woad seeds into a flower patch but there's a such thing as woad TREES?
188.8.131.52 22:16, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Lol, it says "wood trees". Suppa chuppa 22:17, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
it is not useful[edit source]
we need a level per level guide, not just patch runs, plus most people frown upon runs, basically this page makes you a curse-magnet
forgot to put signature
- I don't see how most people frown on runs. Most people do runs themselves, it's literally the first way a player learns to train farming. S T Y G 05:44, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- but it's still useless to players who don't want/like allotment runs battlepiplu (talk) 05:45, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, the per level guide thing wouldn't be helpful tbh, since you can grow multiple things at once. Honestly, you just need to look up the levels you need to grow the plants. And, not doing allotment runs and focusing on just one allotment isn't that fast for xp. S T Y G 05:47, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
Equipment section[edit source]
Can someone who knows wikicode better start a section on equipment to bring for farming training? Stuff like falador shield 2+ for port sarim patch, magic secateurs, that helps for getting more yield, etc
Route times[edit source]
Has anyone timed multiple different paths for visiting the same patches? It seems to me that if we manage to find the fastest route, this would benefit people a lot - Everyone has their own runs and may not know of a more efficient one. Seeing as this guide emphasises runs, this seems like an important topic that should be researched.01:27, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
I feel as though a section dedicated to the Vinesweeper minigame would greatly enrich this article. Perhaps it could start with a summary as to what Vinesweeper is and how it is played. Then, a few tips/hints to help get the most amount of benefit from Vinesweeper. 184.108.40.206 17:16, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
Catherby Tele[edit source]
Another way to teleport to the catherby allotment patch is the Modified Botanist Mask, but I don't know how to edit the page without breaking it :P —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 7 March 2016 at 22:29.
I've added it 18.104.22.168 21:36, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
Useful Items[edit source]
There are many useful items I dont see listed. ?For example, Explorer's ring 3 or 4 gives unlimited teleports to the south falador farm cabbage patch. Falador shield2 Increases farming experience from the herb, flower and allotment patches at the Falador farm by 10%. Falador shield 3 apart from the above perk of shield 2, also provides that Wyson will also give a white lily seed for each mole skin traded in. I think this information should also be inserted. Zeedanger (talk) 18:41, June 13, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey, these items aren't included in the useful items section because they are more to do with herb farming than farming trees. Herb runs aren't covered here as they are more for money than experience; they are mentioned in the money making section with links to pages about farming herbs for money. The useful items for herb runs are mentioned there. 15:47, June 14, 2017 (UTC)
- It also doesnt mention using giant ents during fruit tree runs. I understand that it is also a form of moneymaking but I think most would consider at least harvesting their coconuts or papaya's during a run an integral part of training farming. Plus it helps keep costs down. I think a section on herb runs, as well as these useful items (including juju farming pots) should probably be included on the page --SecameRS (talk) 01:13, June 27, 2017 (UTC)