Are we sure the alch values are really what are in there? ~Global Smack
Made a youtube video of it being held in someones hand, if someone wants to crop it for use on runescape wikia.. I give permission. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eE5fNIldlw
22.214.171.124 20:48, May 27, 2010 (UTC) ]
No stats?[edit source]
I quickly ran through the defence equipment list and the prayer list (the two logical places for this too need stats from) and found nothing ingame. Does this mean we have a shield that is equal to the rune kiteshield + a good prayer bonus, which requires no stats whatsoever? if not, can someone please find out the stats for this shield and put them up here. Super adm 07:33, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
I checked the stats page myself on the website and found I was right, no defence stats, I have written up some trivia to go with this. Although it seems abit odd that a shield which is comparable to rune has no defence requirement. Super adm 09:18, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Fine delete the info -.- but its kinda important that it has no requirements but is better that a rune kite, we could have like lv10's running round with shields with more defence then there whole armour set provides. but fine... Super adm 09:24, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Jagex in a hidden update changed the defence requirement recently to 40, although they have not updated the game guide. It could be a rumor but every pure seems to be angry, and there are multiple sources of anger on the official forums so it seems true. (StoleCretion 16:33, June 8, 2010 (UTC))
On the forums, someone mentioned that the "eye" of the shield grows larger as you play/win more castlewars games. I doubt it's true but it may be worth looking into. ThetaZero 00:38, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure it has a higher alch value than that, its kept on death over a lot of other things with higher alch values. ~TheSnake209
Anyone notice that the shield itself looks like one of those weird eye things that was on those gold items in the old Yu-Gi-Oh shows? Wdjat or something, idr what the exact name of the eye is...126.96.36.199 21:21, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Eye of Ra? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eye_of_Horus_bw.svg --
21:26, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I guess so, I couldn't remember what name was, that sounds about right. Do you think we should add that to trivia? Something like "This shield resembles the Eye of Ra from ..." (the ... being wherever it came from) or something, anyone?188.8.131.52 21:45, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
9th June, still Requirements[edit source]
Just 30 minutes ago I bought the shield and checked the requirement. Still 40 Defence.
184.108.40.206 00:46, June 9, 2010 (UTC) Will Miss It (combat 3)
High alch[edit source]
It's way off.. I kept it over a rune plate so I'm certain it doesn't alch for 1.5K.
Carried value[edit source]
According to the Items Kept on Death screen, the value of the shield is 120,000gp.
- Then it should have an alch price for high lv of 60% and low lv of 40%, although the low level isn't always exact. Updating this to reflect it, change back if incorrect. (220.127.116.11 03:30, December 27, 2010 (UTC))
I highly doubt that the high alch value is 72k, but I can't confirm otherwise. Also,if that really is it's alch value, would you really not be able to low alch it? 18.104.22.168 03:33, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Someone said the value kept on death is 120k, almost always, for untradeable items, the value kept on death is related to the high alchemy price. Often, it is also related to the low level alchemy price.
- High alchemy value is generally 60% of the value, low level is 40%. However, low level can vary from what I understand so it should be 48k, however, we don't know, however, the previous high value was ridiculously low and therefore definitely off. 22.214.171.124 07:16, December 30, 2010 (UTC)