- 1 Animations
- 2 Images
- 3 More item animation interference
- 4 Chicken dance
- 5 Has anyone noticed this?
- 6 We need picture updated
- 7 animations
- 8 Article is slow to load and too large
- 9 Regarding the air guitar emote
- 10 Emote while being an egg
- 11 Penguin Emotes
- 12 Drill Demon
- 13 glitches
- 14 Move to Emotes
- 15 Pet Rock
- 16 Maybe some better grammar?
- 17 Longest Emote
- 18 Taskmaster
- 19 No emote for death hats yet.
- 20 World Event 2
- Do it then. No-one on this wiki knows how to, or is able to, make animations except for Cool Spy0 as far as I'm aware. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 19:22, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
Since I removed quite a few of them, I feel I should justify me changing the images on this page...
First image - quest cape at the top of the page. Inappropriate; our first image should be of a standard emote, almost definitely F2P.
Three animated skillcapes - three all at once can slow computers down - especially that quest one, which really hammers some computers. I replaced them with one gif which has the highest image quality.
Pics of players wearing some builder clothes, and pics of the emote enhancers - unnecesary. They're not pictures of emotes. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 20:16, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
More item animation interference[edit source]
Didn't see these listed so I thought I'd make note of them:
Click the "Zombie Hand" emote before pelting a player. The snowball will appear to fly magically from your face/torso. (If the target is a medium distance away.)
Using the pelt option after "Freeze" and most other (not "Give Thanks") emotes will cancel the player animation. (Ice slides off; this also applies to dropping an item or picking up an item you're standing on) Similarly, the "Explore" animation also cancels in place of the Pelt animation, however the sextant still appears animated.
Pelting/Trading/Clicking an item or NPC that is away from you appears to make the entire emote turn to face that direction. (eg: the "Safety First" shield turns toward your pelting target while you do the pelting animation.)
Similarly, the Rubber Chicken's 'Dance' will cancel some emotes and cause the chicken sound and the music to still occur while you stand still.
The broom's 'Sweep' will cause most emotes to cancel except "Give Thanks" where it is possible to create phantom dust clouds at the end.
Crash Daemonicus 184.108.40.206 00:37, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Chicken dance[edit source]
should the chicken dance be included scince the reindeer emote is there? you know... the one done with the rubber chicken. it is done the exact same manner as the other. i refuse to put it. just look at my paragraph here. i don't even capitolize most of the time! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
Has anyone noticed this?[edit source]
Doesn't the panic emote make it look like you gotta pee real baddly?
We need picture updated[edit source]
Snowman dance isn't there Morphyhunter 15:02, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
- I am sure it will be there soon Atlandy 15:09, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
I added a animation(gif) of all emotes except the skill cape--j-g 15:37, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
i added the air gitar emote --j-g 16:22, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
i added almost all emotes that were missing :D--j-g 12:40, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Article is slow to load and too large[edit source]
The article as it is is extremely large (9 MB!), takes a very long time to load (I have 512kbps Internet access), and slows my computer down to a crawl. While I recognize the importance of animations to show what the emotes are like, I bet that most people (like myself) do not really wish to see all the animations at once like that, especially if it stalls their systems.
Here's a suggestion that I hope will be satisfactory to most people; replace the animated images on this page with either scaled down versions or still images and only have the animations on the pages for the individual pages. This way the animations would still be there for those that want to see them, but they would not be slowing things down for those who just want to read the article or casually browse. 18.104.22.168 04:52, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
- I agree, all the animations are just cumbersome, as the loading time for the page increases with each animation. Sorry, Hapi. But I think you should update individual emote article, rather than this article. 11:55, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
Regarding the air guitar emote[edit source]
The article states: "Available after unlocking 500 or more songs in the RuneScape jukebox. Plays 5 notes when activated; only emote with audio. See music."
That is incorrect. The rubber chicken ("chicken dance") also has its own music. Iplayrs 02:26, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
There are 6 emotes with audio. Chicken Dance, Emote Enhanced Beckon, Air Guitar, Freeze and Melt, Trick, and some skillcapes. MeStarfinder 14:56, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Emote while being an egg[edit source]
Didn't Jagex make this impossible anymore?
- What do you mean? Are you talking about doing an emote while using the easter ring? NakaXeta (talk) (contribs)
- No, there are still several ways that you can preform emotes while in egg form.Mjc3 00:42, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- Example: If you press freeze and melt, and immediatly wear the easter ring, your egg will sit in the middle of the freeze and melt ice MeStarfinder 14:49, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Penguin Emotes[edit source]
Does the commentary after each one have any relation to things in-game. Methinks it was vandalism, but I wanted to check first.Mjc3 00:43, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
Drill Demon[edit source]
Don't the Drill Demon sit-ups, star jumps, push-ups and something else count as emotes?
- No, because the player cannot use those except during the random event and they are not activated from the emote screen. Also, please remember to sign your posts on talk pages by typing four tildes. Kudos 2 U 07:08, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- Explore Glitches: 2, maybe more
- Trick Glitches: 5, maybe more
- Give Thanks Glitches: 9, maybe more
- Freeze Glitches: 12, maybe more
Move to Emotes[edit source]
- Yeah, you are right. Do it then.-- . 14:09, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
Pet Rock[edit source]
Maybe some better grammar?[edit source]
"At Freeze and Melt emote you can change into egg with Easter Ring, or you can change your clothes, like under ground." lol "like under ground" should it be changed to "At Freeze and Melt emote you can change into egg with Easter Ring, or you can change your clothes, while under ground."
Longest Emote[edit source]
The longest emote is the cooking skillcape, as far as I am aware. I know for a fact it is the longest skillcape emote.
--EverythingRuneScapeHQ-Cnecomicz 21:40, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
When I was looking at the image for the emote, I noticed how it looked quite a lot like the character from "I wanna be the guy". Is it just a conicidence or do you think the fact that beating the game is a very hard task. Here's a picture or the character: http://rlv.zcache.com/i_wanna_be_the_guy_kid_magnet-p147788409082287795qjy4_400.jpg 21:40, January 26, 2011 (UTC)
No emote for death hats yet.[edit source]
Where are the emotes for the death hats? Can you please put them up :)
22.214.171.124 22:41, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
I think that this emote page is very good and usefull so i dont think i need to edit this!
Ghmic 18:35, January 18, 2012 (UTC)