any information on who gets the drop?
Possible glitch[edit source]
I've done a LOT of research after I found that some monsters (mainly goblins) weren't dropping as usual, ie. dropping several spaces away, or not dropping at all. I tried this with many different monsters (over 360) and weapons(about 50), and this has happened regularly with the goblins dressed in the same attire, some Giant Spiders, and occasionly Scorpions, Imps and Men/Women. They were NOT moving when they were killed as someone who removed my edit said, and this has happened too regularly not to be a random incident.
- "There is currently a glitch where some monsters, when killed, drop several spaces away from where they were killed, or do not even drop at all." There are many ways this could happen:
- It may not have looked it but the monster may have in motion so drops were where it was going (more of a game engine limitation)
- So are not getting a drop (unlucky)
- Lag (graphic changes is causing lag all over)
- Also, you say you 'researched' it. How did you research it? Happen a few times? Or intensive double-blind study using sophisticated equipment? How? 21:49, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
Be good to have timing for the events:
- Tick 0: Dropper dies
- Tick 1: Drops appear to killer
- Tick N: Drops appear to the world
- Tick M: Drops vanish.
I noticed after the Troll Warzone updat, that the colour of the drops varies. Sometimes they are just yellow and some others have a cyan like colour. Does the colour varies according to its value? Thank you. Comadant 14:30, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Yellow drops are f2p items, cyan drops are p2p items, I think. 14:32, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
- hmm.. When I saw a tarromin seed on the floor it was yellow and bones just cyan. Maybe it's something else. Did they mentioned that in the patch notes? Comadant 16:57, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Very frequently I will run into a monster whose health is under half, and I'll kill it. With no one else in the room, I'll wait around, and the drop never shows. Why is that? This has happened many times at both Mature Grots and Giant Mole. 126.96.36.199 11:06, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
loot beams[edit source]
The loot beam was updated; Ninja Fixes was updated: "Spirit gems, Treasure Hunter keys, brawling gloves and warpriest gear will now all show loot beams when dropped. Spirit gems and treasure hunter keys can be filtered out by setting your loot beam minimum value to over 50,000.". source.
188.8.131.52 23:13, May 27, 2014 (UTC)
Looting system and untradeables[edit source]
Hey, some untradeables appear for the looting tab, but some don't. For example, pet droppings appear there, but things like 22lb shot or rocks from underwater don't. --Jlun2 (talk) 18:11, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- There are so many items not affected. Not worth listing them all. MolMan 18:16, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
Variable drops[edit source]
Lootbeam values[edit source]
I was looking through the lootbeam values, and which items receive which lootbeam. As far as I know, the second tier lootbeam is only shown for items more valuabe than 10M (I experienced this at Zilyana, where the hilt got a small lootbeam when it went below 10M). And also, in my experience the following items only get a tier 2 lootbeam, not tier 3 (I've only seen Tier 3 when I got boss pets): Champ scrolls, Cresbots, Kal'gerion titles, Ascension Signets, Elite clues, Effigies and Elite Mimic loot crates.
Is this because I use the Christmas lootbeam, does that use different value/lootbeam combinations than the normal one? Or is the information on this page incorrect?
- It's possible it differs. Everything I've added was with rainbow beam, and certainly correct there. MolMan 17:43, May 6, 2016 (UTC)
Tertiary Drops[edit source]
So it says that you can't get multiple in the same family of drops. I have a friend that just got 2 abyssal wands on an elite abyssal (no mask). Are elites then immune to this rule or is there some other explanation for how it's acceptable within the known rules? Dsctatom (talk) 03:54, February 6, 2018 (UTC)