Talk:Distractions and Diversions/Locations
- 1 Official World and Chat
- 2 More specific
- 3 Unofficial clans
- 4 Kandarin star fall
- 5 Star locations
- 6 D&D Locations - Shooting Star
- 7 Revert War
- 8 Circus / Penguins
- 9 Unofficial Clan Information
- 10 circus location image?
- 11 Star Locations?
- 12 Penguin #9 - which graveyard?
- 13 Penguin Locations Videos
- 14 Deleted a star landing spot
- 15 Evil tree locations
- 16 Specific penguin locations
- 17 Something new?
- 18 text
- 19 text
- 20 There is no Varrock penguin
- 21 Penguin
- 22 D&D Locations Familiarisation
- 23 Confirmation date
- 24 Big Top Location
- 25 Penguin "Highlighter" Function broken?
- 26 Broke image links
- 27 Split into subpages
- 28 Request
- 29 Peng in GE
- 30 Penguin locations are not visible
- 31 Demon Flash Mobs
- 32 Lumbridge Evil Tree location?
- 33 Delayed Weekly Resets
- 34 Polar bear bug
- 35 Goblin raids
- 36 Extended table
- 37 Untitled
- 38 Updating penguin hide and seek location images
- 39 Penguin hide and seek error
Official World and Chat[edit source]
- Added. 11:45, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- NOTE- This Clan Chat is long defunct. 18.104.22.168 00:31, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
More specific[edit source]
I have been hunting penguins since wednesday, and I think this guide needs to be more specific, even though the length it would be up to date would only be 1 week. --Nalyd Renrut 10:27, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- What kind of specifics do you want to add? Like you said, since the specifics will only be valid for 1 week... I don't think it will be necessary. However, if you think it is important, please add in the details. =) 15:19, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
The penguin locations table should be kept in 10 rows as there are only 10 penguins. Atm, there are also misleading hints. Mussepossu 22:47, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
The penguins seem to be in different locations in different worlds. I haven't been looking for them, but friends tell me when they stumble accross one (and vice versa). When a friend tells me of one, I only seem to be able to find the penguin, if I change to their world.O3 Depleter 06:50, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
They don't have only different locations for each world, but they also tend to move fast. When they're not blocked, they can reach falador from draynor village in 5 minutes for excemple. That's why it isn't very usefull to have the exact locations listed here. --Arimu 18:42, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
With the penguins being in different spots in each world listing specific locations will waste our readers time if they use it as a basis for their search. I removed those specific lines as it is not in the wikis interest to have them--22.214.171.124 10:29, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
The penguins can be in very different spots on different worlds, but their respective spawn point is always the same. For example, a week its castlewars. on world 50 it goes south to the ogres, while on world 55 it decides to explore the tree gnome maze. But when they become trapped for a certain period of time, they eventually will 'telly' or 'reset' to their spawn point, in this case castlewars. --Iavirissa 13:54, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
Unofficial clans[edit source]
Since this information has been removed from the article, I've added it here for the benefit of new players:-
- Penguin Hide and Seek - Clan chat: Penguin Find, Penguins w60, W60 Penguins
- Shooting Star - Clan chat: Stars2hunt, Star Find, Hunt4stars, star seek
- 13:51, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
Well, there is only one major, active group left. Team Penguin.
Main chat: "Penguins_W60"
If full, try the following chats in order:
Boomer12342 00:40, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
UPDATED TO 15 November
Bowler225 23:53, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
UPDATED TO 9 March 2011, in order...
world60pengs w60_penguins (scheduled to close on 22 Sept 2011) w60pengs w60pengu w60pengy (scheduled to open on 22 Sept 2011)
Updated to 22 September 2011, in order...
- At the moment, w60pengy is used exclusively for the invisible/"ghost" peng. --Saftzie (talk) 18:17, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
Kandarin star fall[edit source]
We are listing outside Legends guild and mine east of East Ardougne. Isn't this the same thing?--Bob quest 12:05, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
Star locations[edit source]
Just started doing Shooting Star. The best forum article for locations i've seen so far is: COMPLETE Star Locations List http://forum.runescape.com/c=-13419f4e/forums.ws?75,76,722,57640317,goto,1 Chrislee33 09:37, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
D&D Locations - Shooting Star[edit source]
We don't have to follow the names of the regions word-by-word. I only added "Kingdom" for style.08:01, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
- The shorter name is what players use. I'm playing it daily and active in the Star Find clan. Everyone goes by the names used by the telescope or other shorter nicknames which have not been included in the articles such as p/g/t or m/m. Also the main article links also do not include 'Kingdom of xxx' in the main article titles, although they do refer the 'Kingdom' in the lead articles. Chrislee33 15:17, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
Revert War[edit source]
I don't want this to keep going on. I understand that the Style Guide says to avoid using links in headings, but it makes sense to do so here. Also, telescope information should not be on the locations page. 01:54, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- Why does it make sense to add it here? 16:40, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
Circus / Penguins[edit source]
- Circus hasnt been reset as of yet
Penguins hve 2 new clues other 8 are sames as week 8 forgot to sign sorry --phamtom21 14:04, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- Penguins (and circus) reset at around 17 pm today Therealmagicrune 18:18, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Unofficial Clan Information[edit source]
I am slightly upset that someone removed the information about the unofficial clan for penguins. This information is extremely useful to a player wishing to find the penguins. I am not advertising a clan-I simply want the information to be available to all. I will not get involved in the Star Find discussion, but I would suggest that info about it be added also. There is no reasone to remove it -I know its bad wording - But make it better. Removing something new put the article back in time, its not helping it to become any better. This is why I put it back in. Please think before deleting! Thank you, Invincibility |Talk| |Edit Count| 00:09, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- The information is available in the talk page (see above). Adding the information about the clan seem to favour only one clan, and there are many clans out there. 13:58, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
circus location image?[edit source]
why was the circus location image was deleted from here? ~
kytti khat 03:10, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- Restored. 14:06, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
Star Locations?[edit source]
I think the star locations should be put into the Shooting stars article instead of this one because the wiki does not track the star locations. It remains constant, while the rest of this page changes from week to week. Luckytoilet 14:16, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
Penguin #9 - which graveyard?[edit source]
I went to both graveyards in the non-deep Wildy and couldn't find any penguins. The article ought to be more specific about which graveyard so I can try again on a different world. GoldFalcon 21:37, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- Are you sure you were in world 60? Location is only in world 60. If its in other worlds, the penguins would most likely be somewhere else. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 09:44, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
Penguin Locations Videos[edit source]
Just realized I could embed YouTube videos on here late last week, so I started embedding my weekly Penguin Locations videos. So far they haven't been removed, so I'm hoping this is OK to do. Plus, I tend to get the videos finished quicker than player's update the table lol The videos have helped hundreds of people, and since I started embedding them, the impact on how many people actually watch it on here is a lot more than noticeable. I'm interested in all feedback about the video, and if it's negative, I just ask that you make it constructive. Boomer12342 20:06, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Ok. The video has been up for TWO weeks, and now players are starting to delete them off of the page. They aren't admins or anything. SHOW me a link to the page saying that Youtube videos can't be embedded on pages. No one else should delete unless they are an admin or show me proof it isn't allowed. JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE GROUP NAMED IN THE VIDEO, DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD DELETE IT! IGNORE IT IF IT'S REALLY BOTHERING YOU. I AM THE ONLY PERSON CREATING WEEKLY UP-TO-DATE PENGUIN LOCATIONS VIDEOS, SO START MAKING YOUR OWN IN YOUR OWN STYLE THAT IS GROUP-AD FREE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. Boomer12342 21:39, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- If no reason is given for any deletion, it is acceptable to revert the deletion. Otherwise, discussion about it should appear here until consensus is reached. This seems like a valuable addition to the page. Chrislee33 04:11, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- The first removal was from the IP, 126.96.36.199. His exact excuse is: " no yt vids, wtf". The second user had no listed reason. (EDIT: Forgot to sign yesterday >.<) Boomer12342 17:13, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
Go check the yew grove, could be in the last archive, discussion about videos. We do not allow names of players in images, and a video naming a clan is advertising the clan. If the community agrees to leave it after discussion, ok great. But as it stands now it violates what we agreed on.--Degenret01 22:52, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
Also, this video discussion is what I based removing the vid on. We can have a constructive talk here though, the YG is too laggy for most people. Comment away people --Degenret01 23:20, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well, technically Team Penguin isn't a 'clan'. Its a group dedicated to helping players find penguins faster, easier, and make it more fun. These videos have helped hundreds, if not a thousand or more, players find penguins. For the most part, no one has seemed to disagree with it being here, other than those that support other penguin hunting chats. The video has very minimal advertising, as its main affect is to help players. The video pertains directly to the point of the section of the article, so it isn't spamming the article or anything. Personally, if players dislike the group mentioned, then they don't have to watch it.
Also, if you don't believe me on players finding it useful, just look at the comments for the current and past videos:
"nice job, rune wiki for the win lol."
"The music is so nice :) very helpful vid thanks! "
"yay =D ty =D i just found out you made these :D you know they upload your movies on the wikipedia for these to? :) "
"nice vid bro, 5/5"
"thanks for vid! "
"tysm! this really helps me...i subscribed so i know their locations when i need them!"
"i need the lunar pingu, but I dont have the crafting lvl, thx for the video it really helps "
"Gj Boomer! You help a lot by making Penguins videos!"
"Ill be doing pengs soon :) "
"THX i'll have to subscribe to this channel "
"if possible please add: recommended use of transport eg teles, spirit tree etc because i new to members lol btw great guide and nice music, where'd u get it?"
"Useful vid, Great Minigame, Wonderful clan chat!
I recommand it to everyone. And I love this song:D"
"Thanks for the vid. "
"Great vid and appreciate the time you put into making them."
"Nice vid 5/5"
"extremely great, i had 1 small idea, at the end, or the beginning, place all locations at once, like "the peguins are here, here, and here, so they get a rough idea where they are at beforehand, or they are short on time to watch this"
"nice bro thanks:P "
"its insane this vid only has 44 views it is a huge help thanks a lot this is a 5 star vid "
"what this needs is some sort of dummies tutorial on what this is, other than that its pretty freakin great, 5 stars "
"gj boomer "
"A fantastic video - nice effects etc guys. I may have to get involved in this :P "
"Nice one Boomer!!!"
I believe the crowd has already spoken. I have not once received a bad comment about the video, only suggestions on how to improve and what people thought about it. Boomer12342 23:57, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
Please, note what I do, and what I do not, say. I never said it is not useful. And I have asked for input from the community. --Degenret01 00:17, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, I'm well aware of what you did or did not say. I was stating my opinion (and opinions of others) for all to see. Boomer12342 00:45, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- I found it extremely helpful. For someone who is new to penguin hunting, I didn't know exactly how it worked. The video showed the areas visually, which wouldn't be able to be represented just by describing (in text) the location. I suppose the only stipulation would be that it would have to be updated weekly. If Boomer is willing to take on that responsibility, then there's no reason it shouldn't be there. Combat newb 18:24, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- This is the tenth week I've made it. I've always released them between 12:00 AM GMT Wednesday to 12:00 AM GMT Thursday. I believe I've only ever made one major mistake of where a penguin was located on Neitiznot one week. So.... *shrugs* Boomer12342 20:41, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Just found out today that Team Penguin is the ONLY major penguin group left. I believe there is only one other penguin group that is still active atm, and it was just created a day or two ago. From watching various Penguin groups for the past 6 months, it's my experience that they never last for more than two weeks or so. So, I'm not quite sure something like this has happened before, so maybe there should discussions about limited advertisement for 'one of a kind groups' is allowed or not? Boomer12342 23:31, 12 March 2009 (UTC) (The IP that wrote this was me, it signed me out and I didn't notice it :S)
- No one's contesting that you make the videos, nor that they're useful, nor that Team Penguin is the only group remaining. Our image and media policy is being reviewed, and has gained (or is very close to) consensus. One of the points on it is "Streaming videos (e.g., YouTube embeddings) should not be used in articles.". If this goes though, the video(s) will be removed from the page and will not be reinstated unless community consensus agreeds to ignore all rules. You should post on thet forum if you wish to contest that point. (Also, you should add a link to your user page to your signature, per RS:SIG). 20:01, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- I contest their utility. They just highlight a geographic location for the penguins. We can do the same thing with words or a picture of our own. The image policy passed and videos like that are forbidden in articles. The amount of people who say they like it in the comment page or subscribe to you are irrelevant here. If you wish to contest this, either start a Yew Grove thread or attempt to get a consensus here (although I suggest the former). 01:14, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
Deleted a star landing spot[edit source]
- Battlefield north of Tree Gnome Village.
I just deleted this Kandarin spot from the list of star landing sites. I obviously cannot back it up with anything else than (tons of) experience, but I am confident that spot is false. It's probably a rumour from the early days of star hunting, when people speculated on where they would land. The rest seems accurate. My own guide to the stars is here: http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?98,99,573,58500309 --Paania 11:33, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- I thought there was a landing spot at the Ardy Monastery, which is near the battlefield and is indeed north of the village? Or is that already listed on there? Boomer12342 15:55, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- Just looked, it's listed :S Boomer12342 15:58, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Evil tree locations[edit source]
I think it would be better if we listed evil tree locations by hint not by location.
Specific penguin locations[edit source]
Recently I've seen a lot of edits where (usually unregistered) users add precise locations of each of the penguins (example: "Jatizso, Jats king home, also found in building with anvil"). Adding such things is pointless, as the penguins can move and if they do, they do so very rapidly. Sure, some penguins are stuck on an island or area - detail down to the precise house is useless, as the penguins are trapped in a small area (so aren't hard to find), and they do move. And of course - these precise descriptions only hold true for world 60, the unofficial penguin hunting world. I propose that edits of this type not be allowed, as they serve a redundant purpose. A note should be added somewhere to notify editors of this page to not add detailed descriptions.20:01, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- I think both are equally importnnt, one is what the sole source says, as you'd find in game if you did this yourself, and the other is giving as much help as possible, which includes suggesting one world to use. I'll leave it till we decide what to do, but I suggest having Charlie's notes here and a link to a subpage which gets updated per w60 movements. tobylaneTalk 12:30, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
Something new?[edit source]
It's Week 58 (30 Sep 2009 - 6 Oct 2009) and there are two penguins near the Tower of Life on World 60. One's disguised as a crate west/north-west of the tower; the other's disguised as a rock west/south-west of the tower. Neither location is what is listed for the article, and I've never seen two penguins so close together before. 188.8.131.52 00:46, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- The article only list the spawn points of the penguins - where they originate from, not where they are now (as they can be in different places in each world, but spawn in the same place each world, so its easier to reference them by that). The crate is evidently the Piscatoris one (as its the only crate this week), and the rock could be any of the rocks from this week except Tirannwn. And I've seen 5 penguins in Yanille north wall before 15:16, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
dont know weather this is the right place but i tried to make an edit and messed it up i was trying to put toad stool in place of create but i messed it up
dont know weather this is the right place but i tried to make an edit and messed it up i was trying to put toad stool in place of create but i messed it up
- Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes. And also, the Mort Myre penguin is a toadstool, not the Canifis. ~MuzTalk 11:16, October 9, 2009 (UTC)
There is no Varrock penguin[edit source]
The weekly list is incorrect. Please check penguin v61 (distractions and diversions section of runescape forum) for correct locations.
--Iavirissa 13:07, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
- fixed. Armcie
Hey, I was doing Wolf Whistle yesterday when I noticed a penguin walking around as a bush at White Wolf Mountain at the entrance to Taverly. I don't know if this is signifigant, but you guys can add it if you want. --
D&D Locations Familiarisation[edit source]
New Location on World 100 @ around 10an est today Hint: I spoke to a tree within sight of people crossing a log. Location: Tree Gnome Stronghold next to Spirit tree near agility training grounds. Map pic: [[File:Familiar2.png]]
Some 1 please update page, I am begining to think jagex will be using every oblisk there is 4 this d&d though and this list will be
way too long to post in the current format.BLaNk 3gE 17:12, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Confirmation date[edit source]
Is it really necessary to list the confirmation dates for all of the penguins? They're all the same, simply the day the new penguins were released. And this date can be found in other places on the page. eclipse4227 21:50, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
- It was on the table when the page was originally made, and before I started editing it weekly. It is there so players know when the table was last updated, and not everyone knows what day penguins reset, or to check the history. Back before I started updating it weekly, sometimes penguins from multiple weeks would be listed, as people didn't know all the locations ahead of time like I do, or not everyone was willing to edit, so the date helped people know how old or current the penguin was. I personally see no harm in having it there now, but I don't think it'd be changing much if it was removed either. It just takes me a minute to update all the dates in the code anyway =P Boomer12342 03:00, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
Big Top Location[edit source]
if the Big top location is predictable as noted, then the locations should be numberd according to first twelve weeks AND there should be a way to code a template that will automatically change the current location so manual update will not be necessary and such an automatic update could announce the hours and minutes before the next change and identify what the next location willl be
"Currently at Lumbridge for the next 79 hours 43 minutes, it will change to Varrock East at that time"
Qazwiz 07:17, June 2, 2010 (UTC) (prettier of course)
- The update is automatic, we just haven't bothered with a timer. Partially because (just partially mind you) there is occasionally a delay of up to an hour or so, so the timer would be incorrect for that bit of time.--Degenret01 07:22, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
Penguin "Highlighter" Function broken?[edit source]
The table with penguin locations used to highlight when you clicked the cells, allowing you to mark off penguins as you did them. While simple, this was very handy and it was very noticable to me when it didn't work for the last 2 weeks. I passed it off at first, thinking it would probably get fixed soon, but it hasn't yet, and is sorely missed. I am skilled with JS and would gladly help, but have no clue how this was implimented, and the usage of JS on the wiki is something that always confused me. Hofmic Talk 01:14, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
- It's implemented with CSS id penglocations. However, it works-for-me using both wikia and monobook skins. --Saftzie (talk) 20:25, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Why do images of penguin locations of past weeks get removed. They will be used again eventually, and are extremely useful for preparing for a new penguin week.
--Tharkon 00:05, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
- All the images are at Category:Penguin Hide and Seek maps. 00:19, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
Split into subpages[edit source]
Because the full D&DL page was rather brutal on those of us with slow connections, I have split the D&DL page into subpages, each of which is transcluded onto the original so you all get to keep your full page. There is also a lighter version of the page which contains only links to each subpage, in the event that you don't want to load the whole thing. Additionally, all D&D-specific redirects, such as PHASL, now point to the subpages. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 08:46, January 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Spliting the article into subpages lead the "marking locations" feature of PHASL broken, can someone fix it? Richard ba 21:17, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
Can you be more specific about the penguin locations in Dorgesh-Kaan? Like, for example, are they located in the main square, or in the higher levels? A map like the others would be nice, although I am sure you are already working on one. Thanks.
-(X)- Soren -(X) (Talk) - 20:57, February 18, 2011 (UTC)
- There will be a map of the spawn point soon for Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim (the other one without a map yet). Jagex introduced a few new locations on 1 February. If you need help finding a particular penguin, I can recommend the Team Penguin chats (World60pengs, etc.) and forum threads in Distractions and Diversions (Penguin Locators by Canada Grrl). --Saftzie (talk) 04:04, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
Peng in GE[edit source]
Either the mage training arena or mudskipper penguin can get as far as the Grand Exchange, as there was just a bush penguin wandering around there, and those are the only bushes in Misthalin or Asgarnia. 10:04, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, I need to update the maps. Since they removed the gates to Al K, there are now 5 penguins that share a new, larger roam range. It used to be just Draynor, Wizard Tower, and Lumbridge swamp. Now it includes MTA and Al K, with the previous 2 roam ranges combined into one. Mudskipper still can't get into the GE. --Saftzie (talk) 20:45, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
Penguin locations are not visible[edit source]
The table of penguin locations is oversized without purpose.
The pictures are broken. You can only see them if you click and open the table. The navigation in the opened table is awkward, especially with mouse roll. The table contains oversized columns with oversized cells. Several oversized cells contain only one short word. The table should be re-planned and/or resized. The previous layout with a simple table was more convenient. --184.108.40.206 18:28, February 22, 2013 (UTC)
- If you click the "Toggle visibility" button, you get the previous layout. --Saftzie (talk) 19:08, February 22, 2013 (UTC)
Of course, I have toggled the visibility. The cells are large and almost empty, the pictures are unfortunately quarter cut (broken). If the cells were narrow the pictures would be visible. --220.127.116.11 17:22, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- You can expand the table view by clicking the arrow in the upper right. You can also try the page in Monobook. --Saftzie (talk) 17:38, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
Demon Flash Mobs[edit source]
Lumbridge Evil Tree location?[edit source]
Seeing as how the new Battle for Lumbridge site has taken up one of the old locations for Evil Trees, does anyone know if it has been moved somewhere? Or just removed all together? 18.104.22.168 23:05, August 17, 2013 (UTC)
Delayed Weekly Resets[edit source]
Weekly resets (at least for penguins and the circus) can be delayed. This occurs when a player enters the circus before the reset and remains inside. While any player remains inside the circus, the reset will not occur. Once all players leave the circus (by teleporting, tearing the circus ticket, or logging out), the reset will occur at the scheduled time, or immediately if that time has already passed.
Players do not need to be performing, or be able to perform, any events in order to cause a delay. They only need to remain inside the circus. It is unknown if this is a bug. The circus may operate this way on purpose, in order to avoid having a player's performance interrupted by the reset. It is also unknown if there is a maximum amount of time the reset can be delayed. The current record is a reset at 00:55 UTC. It is possible that after a certain amount of time, any player(s) inside the circus would be kicked in order to allow the reset to proceed. This has yet to be tested. Bugmenot45 (talk) 02:22, May 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Players can be in the circus during reset. They enter in one place, reset happens, they exit the next place. --Saftzie (talk) 02:49, May 28, 2014 (UTC)
Polar bear bug[edit source]
I don't think it's worth putting in the article, but the w60 penguin group has been tracking a bug with the polar bear for about the last month. The bug seems to apply for the first week of membership, new members (or newly returning members) see the polar bear in the Rellekka well, no matter where the bear is for everyone else. After the first week of membership, new members see the same bear as everyone else. If anyone sees the bear in Rellekka when it's really elsewhere (for example this week - Wednesday, 23 July 2014 - it's in Falador), I urge you to file a bug report with Jagex and to include any pertinent membership information (or possibly any other info you can provide, like when you last logged in, etc., in case there is some other factor affecting the bear). --Saftzie (talk) 07:52, July 24, 2014 (UTC)
Goblin raids[edit source]
Extended table[edit source]
The extended table with current locations (as in the version with images) is set to nowrap, as in the columns are extended for no single line to wrap. However, on any monitor that has a horizontal resolution of under 1500 or so (I suspect) this causes part of the table to be cut off, making it necessary to scroll from side to side through the table, which can be quite annoying. Removing the nowrap on the table removes this issue completely. I did this edit last week, but it got reverted (probably didn't help that I forgot to log in). I will be making the same edit again, hopefully this time I've gotten the idea across better. If it does get reverted again, can anybody explain to me why? If so, much appreciated. Nomen Heroum (talk) 21:49, September 29, 2015 (UTC)
- This week's penguin table is 792 pixels wide (269 collapsed). It can vary from week to week. If someone with a small screen chooses to un-hide the columns that are hidden by default, the scroll bar allows them to view the entire table the way it's intended to be formatted. --Saftzie (talk) 23:16, September 29, 2015 (UTC)
- I understand the reasoning, I just feel like reformatting the table makes the table a lot easier to use for users like myself with a screen that is not too large, and that without loss of legibility or such feats. I'll comply and leave the issue for what it is if the formatting is to be reverted again, but I personally would be very happy for it to stay the way it is right now. Nomen Heroum (talk) 00:10, September 30, 2015 (UTC)
Updating penguin hide and seek location images[edit source]
Quite a few of the images used for the hide and seek locations are old, and more importantly, incorrect. I do not know how to change the images used, so i hope someone can do this, or explain it to me.
I think i added the updated version of SW tirannwn. I haven't updated any others yet though. The north sophanem one seems to be incorrect too, because i would guess the penguin could walk to south sophanem as well. Bi88y1 (talk) 22:25, 27 March 2019 (UTC)
Penguin hide and seek error[edit source]
The enrty for number 5 on the penguin hide and seek list is wrong. It says that the penguin is on ice mountain, but i looked all over ice mountain and didn't find it. It was actually in the northern chapel of varrock. I just found it. I's also worth noting that the hint for penguin 5 says that the penguin is in the north of misthalin, but ice mountain is square in the north of asgarnia, so i suspect some kind of error has been made in the system that defines penguin locations. 2601:1C0:5200:2F20:55A0:BA20:2976:26B7 12:21, 24 July 2021 (UTC)
- If you were hunting on the official world it's possible that the penguin was herded there by the folks that organise trapping penguins to make it easier for players to spy them () :) 20:55, 25 July 2021 (UTC)
- Penguins are named based on where they spawn, not where they are at any given moment, which will be different on every world, anyway. The locations page actually says that right before the table. --Saftzie (talk) 23:51, 27 July 2021 (UTC)