Instakill dart info[edit source]
Will it be possible to goto Nex and use it as first attack to get a kill? it's prb the only time many ppl will ever try Nex if it works.220.127.116.11 14:44, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
I sincerely hope it works on everything, though I doubt it will work on things like Nex or QBD or even Tzok-Jad or whatever his name is. And if it works on quest bosses...Nomad will be so much easier...
JaGEx has yet to confirm or deny their effectiveness on Boss/Quest Monsters, correct?
18.104.22.168 20:58, August 3, 2012 (UTC)Bwheeler
Apprently people on the RS forums are reporting the darts are limited by the damage cap rules apllied to ruby bolt(e) and similar weapons, whether this is a glitch or deliberate is yet to be discovered. Still this is unconfirmed by any actual source, these are just player reports so this might just be a simple rumour. Primal Link (talk) 10:37, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Just to confirm that the damage cap was just a troll rumour from players, J Mod Confirmed that there should be no cap whatsoever apart from the restrictions listed on the the official wiki. Quick find code (page 2): 15-16-627-64021832 Primal Link (talk) 11:19, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Can someone confirm the alch value?
- As per the forum/news post it kills all forms of multi form npcs (as long as they aren't on the doesn't work list). This means it outright kills Nex and QBD with a single dart.
Just FYI, it only kills Vanstrom Klause if you use it after he "reveals his true form". I wasted one on him last night when I forgot that he had two forms. Ash Plissken (talk) 16:35, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
- I can confirm that you only need 1 dart for QBD. Just killed one with it. 22.214.171.124 15:07, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Starting from October 13 2014:
Why is this a glitch? They've clearly stated it can't be used in mini-games. The fight caves are a mini-game..
Mod Raven confirmed that you can use it in the fight caves and that jad can be killed with it.
it does kill jad. i'm not sure why there is a glitch stated on the wikipage tbh. i'd give everyone a week to update page to be accurate before getting your free fire capes.
It's redundant to have a list of things it DOES work on as well as DOES NOT. I say get rid of the "does" list and update the "DOES NOT" list.126.96.36.199 17:17, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Nah, I think it's fine. I can imagine most people wanting confirmation that it does actually work on a specific monster. A lack of listing on the 'does not work' list could be indicative of lack of research on our part as opposed to direct confirmation. 17:50, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Stupid Item[edit source]
I mean, I'm glad that I don't have to do Nomad's Requiem, because I'm not really the boss battle type, but getting four darts allows you to skip three of the four Grandmaster quests. I'm actually not going to use it on Nomad simply because I want the experience of fighting him without some stupid item essentially "bought" with real money
Just my opinion.
Is it more worth a dart to kill Nex or the Corporeal Beast? Which am I more likely to make a higher profit of based off only a single kill?
I believe Nex has the better drops when not counting the items each boss drops specifically. That being said I believe Nex also drops gear more often than Corp drops sigils. DiabolusMiles (talk) 19:20, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks. Is Nex the only thing I would have to worry about? As in, do all I have to do is equip the dart, walk up to Nex, throw it, collect the drops, and teleport out?
No XP for using the Dart[edit source]
I tried to edit the page and state that the Deathtouched dart's don't give users combat experience for using them, but the page is protected. This information is important for people who don't know, and for those who are avoiding combat experience (such as Skill Pures). In fact, I checked this page to find this information. The official Runescape wiki does state this. If someone else feels it's relevant, please add it. 188.8.131.52 00:16, October 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I think the max recorded hits in game were on the Party Demon (200m account celebration), due to the special nature of the fight. As an aside, anyone know if this can be used to kill monsters without the required slayer level, such as the ice strykewym for the Fremennik Elite Task? Gamerunknown (talk)
Does anyone know if the dart works on the Kalphite Queen? If so did it work on the first or second form?184.108.40.206 20:33, October 16, 2012 (UTC)
How to kill Nex?[edit source]
1) What should I be praying when I enter the room with Nex... I don't want her to kill me before I can even use the dart.
2) Aren't there four mages in the room with Nex or something? When I kill Nex, do they disappear, or do I have to kill them too? If so, does protect magic completely block their attacks?
Vampyrism ~ it gives you lifepoints equal to 5% of your hit (e.g. Nex's 30000 LP should in theory give 1500LP).... will the dart's hit give you lifepoints while having the vampyrism aura activated?
- The news post/FAQs sayd that for multi-stage monsters, it will only kill the current stage. So strictly you'd need as many darts as Vorago has stages. You also still need 5-6 people minimum to actually enter the battle. IP220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:28, September 1, 2014 (UTC)