Talk:Culinaromancer's gloves 10
these are actually called dark gloves in game by the way
- No they're not. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 14:24, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
- I never heared that they were "dark gloves" they were called Barrows Gloves since they were released...
These gloves are misnamed. People called them dark gloves because they are a blood red color. They were also called Barrows gloves because barrows was considered to be the best equipment in the game for a while, and since these gloves are the best in the game and just called "gloves", people nicknamed them after Barrows.
These are actually dragon gloves, as you can tell if you look in the culinaromancer's chest. There are gloves the color of leather, bronze, iron, steel, black, mith, adamant, rune, dragon, and gilded gloves.
- I never heard these gloves called gilded gloves. Ever. I've heard dark and barrows, moreso barrows, but never gilded. Cool Spy0 21:55, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
Heh, my bad, I kinda misinterpreted some things in the game. I was looking at the actual dragon gloves and thinking those were the barrow gloves everyone were talking about before. I just beat the quest and I overlooked those ><
Btw, they have no name, so everyone goes by nicknames. They look like gilded gloves, so I call them that.
When, and why were the prices of these gloves lowered from 130k to 100k? I never heard of the price dropping on these.......--Pkthis 17:41, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
Nobody calls them dark gloves. lol Dr Locust 23:06, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Me either, I think that should be removed tbh..
Seriously why even bother with the "Dark Gloves", 1. They aren't even dark. 2. NO ONE calls them that, it is eaither Barrows Gloves, or RFD gloves, nothing else. 3. If you can find over 10 players that call them dark glvoes I'll give you 100k. Thats all.03:40, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
Is there a Level requirement?[edit source]
Like do you need 75 defence to wear?
- No. --King x treme 20:46, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
Lol, "Also known as? Dark gloves, barrows gloves, RFD gloves, Bro hands" Bro hands, I never heard of them called that, but that is pretty funny.
- I had never seen that name either but as a result of seeing it here, a friend and I call them Bro hands all the time, and as such, they're known as that. I support that staying. Props to whoever put that there. I am not vot, I am Melon! 20:45, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
half mage bonus stats?[edit source]
I was wondering, does anybody have any idea why these gloves have magic bonusses half that of all the others (except summoning, which I can sort of understand)?? I'm puzzled, I don't understand, and it looks a bit like underpowering mage, because... why else would it be half? ~ Leon Art
- Because they're metal gloves. Be happy the magic stats are positive. --220.127.116.11 08:03, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, I can see that. But what about the name then? They should be called gauntlets then. I mean: have you ever seen gloves made of metal?? And why would a metal glove give more slash or stab bonus - only crush would seem logical-, let alone give makge or ranged bonus.Leon Art 09:55, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. You really expect "logic" from a computer game? --18.104.22.168 20:38, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, to a degree I do. But you certainly too. This implies at least a sort of logic: "Because they're metal gloves. Be happy the magic stats are positive", I just don't really agree with that logic. I'm just trying to get to a better idea. That's all.Leon Art 00:13, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually I don't think there is any reason to believe they are metal. They may just all be similar colour to the major metal groups. They are all just simply called "gloves". Calling them metal is just an assumption. The most realistic reason for the "half" magic bonus is simply that magic item bonuses are often considerably lower than with range and melee. You can't compare them directly. --Henneyj 01:12, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
- But why would they be often considerably lower then? That I also don't understand :S Leon Art 08:46, April 7, 2011 (UTC)
- They are metal; the quest in the witches house involving the electrified gate can't be completed using these, because as it states, they're metal.