- Do you hold the item? Because this is what Jagex supposedly calls it - http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Crystal_triskelion.
- Using quick chat to find the item returns "crystal triskelion" and three crystal triskelion fragments as results, so this page is named correctly. 12:40, June 11, 2013 (UTC)
The article currently says "Opening the chest will give you access to one of the following drop options." idk what this means exactly, it could mean several things. It lost most like one of the options will be assigned to you, and you have no choice in the matter - the way this is determined, is not clear to me (Random, parhaps?). But it could also mean the player can choose themselves. Can anyone shed some light on the matter?15:41, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- While I can't confirm it, as I haven't completed a key yet; the official rs wiki lists the rewards for the Crystal key in the same manner as those of the Crystal triskelion, which is using the "option" naming scheme. In short you open the chest, and get a random one of the various options (one option being (a lot more) rare than the other); and inside each option is still another chance for some randomness (plateskirt vs platelegs, seed A vs seed B, ...). IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:08, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Tyvm ;) --
12:40, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I haven't had a key myself yet but a friend says there are no options it's random. 00:39, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Tyvm ;) --
- RSWikia gave me the impression that there was choice involved (hence "Options"), however, this is not the case. A more correct naming would be "Possibilities" or anything denoting a chance is involved rather than a choice.
- - Feliciaan
Obtaining the pieces[edit source]
The update's news post listed a number of methods doing which you could get one of the key pieces. I'm wondering, does anyone know if these are the /only/ methods; or if in general any skilling activity requiring a skill level >=80 (or is it strictly >80) could reward you with a key piece? IP184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:50, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
I'd like to see if this is an exclusive or inclusive list as well... Burning curly roots in the jadinko lair requires 80+ woodcutting and 80+ fm, so I don't see why it shouldn't allow for the acquisition of key pieces. Good i snipr (talk) 18:17, June 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Based on this question in the FAQ:
Q: Why were only a few 80+ skilling activities included for the Triskelion? The Evil Tree only appears 2 per day and Kingly Implings are quite rare and random!
Mod Timbo: There are a lot more Skilling methods than there are Combat methods, we were looking to get a good spread across a variety of activities. The skills and activities chosen felt like the best places to add something unique like this for a range of different players and playstyles, we think that almost everyone who has these skills has a realistic chance of acquiring a whole key should they want.
- I'd say only the methods mentioned explicitly in the news post have a chance of giving the pieces... IP220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:53, June 24, 2013 (UTC)
I have to agree. I've tried plant/harvest/clean Fellstalk and making Prayer Renewal (all 90+) and doing the Red Sandstone (80+ mining, 89 craft) and no luck. Yet gotten 2 pieces from Dwarf Traders. It is possible that all activities 80+ provide a chance, but ranks in rarity with the Effigies/Visage/Champion Challenges. We'll just need to wait for others to provide verification ... --Deltaslug (talk) 15:00, June 29, 2013 (UTC)
This page is about the item right?[edit source]
There is a lot of detailed information about the activity/D&D, but this is a page about the item. (correct me when if I'm wrong). So shouldn't a lot of information be removed/moved to Triskelion Treasures? I mean, the entire reward section isn't about the item itself. Rsshadow (talk) 07:06, July 1, 2013 (UTC)
Obtaining duplicates[edit source]
I wasn't sure about this, considering the fragments seem to always be received in-order, but it is possible to receive duplicate fragments, once you loop 'round. IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:08, January 30, 2014 (UTC)