Talk:Cryptic Clue Fest I
I've just completed the Clue Fest. The rewards can be confirmed: a Magnifying Glass and a new operating emote, Sleuth, where basically the player that's holding the magnifying glass looks around for clues. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
- Yeah, we know. It has been updated on this article for a little while now. Congratz, however, on getting the reward. --Robert Horning 19:46, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
I'm stuck on the third one. I got all the items, all the ones up to now but he won't respond propely. Why? No 3 Xaldin 20:36, December 1, 2009 (UTC)
SOLUTION TO THE ANAGRAM FOR THE LAST CLUE[edit source]
'active game player rescues our cliff imp' can be rearranged into 'creative gameplay forum specific rules' go to the rs forums, creative gameplay, then go to forum specific rules. There you will find 3 more puzzles that need to be solved to get the final 3 items. 07:39, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
Discussion Deleted?[edit source]
Why was some of the previous talk deleted? I posted at least twice and it disappeared. Should it be restored? --20:12, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Blame the vandalisers. Sorry about that. I tried restoring discussion earlier, but there were several edits per minute, and I kept getting edit conflicts, and then people deleted again.. etc... *sigh* oh well... :\ 22:24, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- I tried to restore some of the earlier discussion that was blanked by the vandalism. I am so proud of our admin staff.... we had several admins going on a massive vandal blocking spree that were doing an active and herculean task of trying to keep this under control. These pages were viewed by thousands of Runescape players and we had a crushing load of activity here. The fact that this page is in as decent of shape as it is can be a testament to the dedicated work of a great many people to try and improve the quality of these pages.
- Thanks, to everybody that helped out. There were even anon users that tried their best to help revert vandalism and to keep things under control, but it wasn't an easy task. My hat is even off to them for trying. --Robert Horning 22:47, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
Why did someone delete even more of it? I FROWN UPON YOU!184.108.40.206 02:26, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
i wonder if there is any possibility of while having the magnifying glass in your inventory you get clue scrolls faster. It would be epic win if it was true. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Wackedoutdj (talk).
- It wouldn't make sense to, no. 22:59, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Not even a chance. Mod Mark H was quite clear that he was upset over the fact that so many players whined over the reward as it is. Yes, it would be awesome if this could have been done as something to help get clue scrolls easier or help get them as drops, but that isn't what will likely happen. --Robert Horning 23:09, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Someone deleted the clue 4 stuff. Can someone put it back plz? --220.127.116.11 09:00, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
bad layout?[edit source]
The current layout is bad in my opinion. The only way to see which person to give the items to is by looking in the previous days.--Moneypony 23:12, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- That is sort of the point of this cryptic clue fest: You need the clues from the previous day in order to advance. The point of the current layout is to encourage players to actually solve the riddles rather than to be a quick walk-through. Perhaps we could put together a section that does a quick walk-through explicitly for those who don't want to bother even looking at the clues and want to get the magnifying glass as fast as you can.
- Then again, as a quest, this is rather trivial... and never was meant to be anything fancy. If you actually tried to stick with the forums and do this on your own without any sort of guide, it would be an incredible challenge, particularly if you figured out the 5th clue by yourself. This is a guide to help you out if you are stuck with a section and can't figure it out. To give hints that will help you along but not necessarily speed you through the whole thing.
- I sort of hate quest walk-through articles that follow that philosophy as well, as I think it does both the quest and the game as a whole a major dis-service.
- The whole point of this exercise is to solve the riddles and to familiarize yourself perhaps a bit with the official forums. I certainly learned a bit for that as well, and visited a part of the forums (particularly the Events section) that I generally didn't visit before. Based on the number of comments there this past week, it seems like I'm not alone on that point as well.
- As I said, perhaps we could do a quick walk-through section as well for those who are impatient and don't care for the riddles and bothering to actually read the clues as given by the NPCs in the game. If you do that, I promise you that you will find this whole thing very disappointing and join those who hate this exercise. Still, I know there are folks who just want to get it done and move on. --Robert Horning 01:44, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
Why is this split off into a new article?[edit source]
The clue fest is 95% of the Thanksgiving event, yet its split off into a separate article? This should be the main article. It should be merged back into 2009 Thanksgiving event. -- Wildy Medic 06:22, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
- The cryptic clue fest is not actually part of the thanksgiving event, it's its on event just check the knowledge base article here.
- The "consensus" of those commenting on the Thanksgiving event discussion page felt that it was a unique enough event that it deserved its own separate article. For myself and looking at the events yesterday with hundreds of edits trying to insert content to identify how to complete day 4, I'm glad that this was split into its own article. It was much easier to handle the vandalism and activity that was happening here in one place rather than to have to keep reverting changes to the main Thanksgiving event article. It is a part of the Thanksgiving event, however, in spite of attempts to suggest it is otherwise.... but it will likely be referred to in the future as an independent feature as well. This Clue Fest is still mentioned on the main Thanksgiving event article (as it should be) and a very prominent link from there to this article is still in place. --Robert Horning 13:34, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
Simpler solution to the 'You need an egg/potato/cabbage'[edit source]
There's an incredibly simple, valid solution to what Mod Mark H, Kathy and Crow say.
Mod Mark H: “Don’t believe Mod Kathy; she always lies! She stole my princess crown!” Mod Kathy: “Don’t listen to Mod Crow; he lies! He isn’t even a real bird!” Mod Crow: “Don’t listen to either of them; they are both lying. They are both lesser beings, after all!”
You notice that Mark says that Kathy *always lies*, right? And Kathy just said that Crow isn't even a real bird? She just told the truth. --AdmiralA 14:11, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
Now for the princess crown... (and yes, I know you're serious)--Canifis 05:23, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
So, even though the RS website says it goes until 7 December, is it over?--Canifis 01:34, December 5, 2009 (UTC) Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. --Canifis 01:45, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
Thoroughly confused, I told him I didn’t understand. Again, the bizarre monster responded: “43 – 35 – 27 – 19 – 11… Use what follows to skip over the answer.” ||
above this line is what follows Three dots.(3) Cheers! ~anonymous~