- Talk to high priest, ask about tunnels
- Talk to jax (northeast temple)
- Either go and get a lantern or buy a torch/tinderbox off guard below. Torch = 200 coins, tinderbox = 50 coins.
- Need plenty of food, anti-poisons, prayer pots maybe, do NOT forget a spare tinderbox!
- Get to the ladder just north of the southwest corner.
- Follow the tunnel and search kaleef's body, then talk to Maisa in the same room. Tell him you helped Osman rescue Prince Ali. He was being held in Draynor, and Leela helped you.
I am mapping the dungeon - carry on writing quest people.
Eucarya Rules[edit source]
WOOT YOU FINISHED AN EXTREME QUEST, QUEST GUIDE ON THE FIRST DAY! --Whiplash 19:58, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- I didn't think the final battle was that bad compared with trying to map level 2 ^_^
Pit traps really random?[edit source]
The guys in the bank told me to avoid scarabs on the wall. When I moved next to one, I fell down a pit and died. This wasn't random. Does anyone else know anything? 22.214.171.124 22:46, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- Well I was in there for ages doing the mapping, it seemed fairly random to me, but you might be right. --Eucarya Talk 22:47, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
The pit traps are not random at all they weren't in desert treasure either, look at tip.it desert treasure guide for more info, there is a set path you have to take. If you cant find it the best option is to drink an agility potion and run all the way through, I missed all the pit traps this way.
Other fansite guides[edit source]
Great work by Eucarya for getting the guide up first.
Not up yet:
Chrislee33 01:11, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
- Still the only site with the quest walkthrough. Wow! --Miw 01:22, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
RuneVillage started their temporary quest guide on their forum - http://runevillage.net/ThePub/viewtopic.php?t=399909 dated Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 am (All times are GMT - 6 Hours) which is 15:13, 10 Jan 07 (UTC). Eucarya started our guide at 14:50, 10 Jan 07; thus making RuneVillage a close second. Chrislee33 06:29, 18 January 2007 (UTC) RuneVillage now has the permanent version at http://runevillage.com/rs2Quests/quest2Contact.php - Chrislee33 21:44, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
Tip.it is third - http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=153 Chrislee33 19:12, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
Sal's is fourth - http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/Contact.html Chrislee33 07:51, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
RuneHQ is fifth sixth - http://runehq.com/RHQQuestsView.php?id=00854?English=true - Chrislee33 08:27, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
Final battle[edit source]
- Yea, Tawny and I did the same. Protect range and Iban Blast usually doesnt' use that much food. I only used 7 casts, Tawn said he used 10. Syugecinspam 15:26, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
Possible Final Battle Glitch[edit source]
I'm new to this wikia so I thought I would put this on the discussion page rather than edit the actual article on something I'm unsure of.
I was nervous before the final battle, so I stayed on the sloping path just outside the arena for a second while trying to build my confidence. It was at this point the beetle started to range me, so I put on protect from range and maged him. He went down in about a minute and none of the other monsters were summoned.
I'm not sure if this is an actual safespot or some sort of glitch that occured only for my character. Mq Lafayette 05:13, 18 August 2008 (UTC)Mq Lafayette
- Agreed Mq Lafayette. When I was doing the final battle I rotated the camera view so that it was pointed towards the Giant Scarab (i.e. almost flat instead of standard overhead view). I was able to see the Scarab in the distance and stayed right near Kaleef's dead body.
- I maged the giant Scarab using Iban blast, and he stayed at a distance and never summoned a creature. I _don't_ know if he was stuck behind something or if this can be exploited if you stay near Kaleef's dead body. It might be worth further investigation and we can update the article to emphasize this method of battling the giant Scarab. (I think I got hurt more in the maze than I did battling the giant scarab!)
- Killumaster 17:51, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
Made a huge mistake[edit source]
Can someone please re-edit the requirements and details on the quest? I wanted to add a tiny thing to it, and suddenly everything dissapeared :s
Jeroenvt 11:05, April 5, 2010 (UTC)Jeroenvt
No Recommended Melee Weapon[edit source]
It says not to use Dlong or Whip, so i didnt have an idea of what to use, and i cannot mage or rnage. Just though someone should make a note of that and edit that. Thanks. [Gnome Attack]
This quest is full of bugs![edit source]
Heh... See what I did there?
Anyways, in addition to Osman turning into an octopus regularly, the Giant Scarab didn't so much as take a shot at me, or summon a thing. I simply sat in the entrance hallway and safemaged it, taking a grand total of: 0 damage. Glitch, no? 126.96.36.199 19:12, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
`Scarab is certainly fighting now`[edit source]
Well, they must have fixed the Jan 27, 2013 glitch of the Giant Scarab giving no damage, because he sure damaged the heck of me. I'm tired of dying . . magic lvl 74, using Ice Rush or Ice Burst - Ice Rush works better for some obscure reason. Magic Essence boost. The Poison Purge aura does not work. Auto-retaliate only works once in a while.
Giant Scarab GREATLY Nerfed[edit source]
Since I recalled that I died to this thing back in RS2 and was unable to get to my stuff in time, I've been really scared to go and finish this quest. When I finally gathered the courage (and items) to go and try again since the release of RS3, the fight easy to the point of being a let-down... I just stood by the mouth of the cave and mage'd the Giant Scarab, who didn't even cast a single ranged attack on me. Furthermore, half of the riders he summoned got stuck in the corner of the wall north of the cave mouth, and the GIant Scarab went down in less than a minute. This fight is probably about 20x easier than it was back in RC2! Ulithium Dragon (talk) 18:56, March 31, 2015 (UTC)