- 1 Other fansite quest guides
- 2 emote sequence
- 3 Hmm
- 4 Icelord cage
- 5 Speeding up with..
- 6 Something about a party hat and Between a Rock... references
- 7 So many puns...
- 8 TOP SECRET
- 9 Getting back?
- 10 Penguin name?
- 11 Construction Boosts?
- 12 Trivia expansion needed
- 13 Quest length
- 14 Spade in Toolbelt not usable
Other fansite quest guides[edit source]
- Were complete just going to get the reward image. --Whiplash 17:09, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
Icelord's have 52 life to the person who is going to set up the bestiary page.
- Completly DONE! --Whiplash 17:48, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
- Well done! Another first! --Miw 18:50, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
- RuneVillage temp quest guide on their forum http://www.runevillage.net/ThePub/viewtopic.php?t=401248 up at Jan 29, 2007 7:38 am (GMT - 6 Hours) which is 13:38 (UTC). Last edited by A5chow on Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:01 pm (22:01 UTC); edited 46 times in total (not sure when he actually completed the basic walkthru). So, again, RuneVillage comes in at second. Chrislee33 00:14, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- RuneVilliage now has permanent guide - http://runevillage.com/rs2Quests/quest2ColdWar.php - Chrislee33 08:09, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- Sal's is 3rd http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/ColdWar.html - Chrislee33 08:45, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- RuneHQ is 4th - http://runehq.com/RHQQuestsView.php?id=00858?English=true - Chrislee33 01:17, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
- Tip.it http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=154 and Zybex http://www.zybez.net/quests.php?id=124 are closely tied at 5th & 6th. - Chrislee33 01:08, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
- RuneCrypt is 7th - http://www.runecrypt.com/index.php?pid=832 - Chrislee33 04:06, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
emote sequence[edit source]
- yes, mine was wave, shiver?, clap? Chrislee33 20:17, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- I is random, but the cutseen shows you what it is for you. Mathwiz908 00:16, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Wait...this article is done?! What about the atrocious spellings, and the lack of pictures?! There are only 4 pictures! Come on, people. Why are you so lazy? And don't you dare tell me to do it - I can't do the quest. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Guthix Follower (talk) on 2007-01-31 21:42:25 UTC.
Does this quest not remind anyone of Metal gear for some reason?
126.96.36.199 03:15, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
Icelord cage[edit source]
- Nevermind, tried it out with *very* bad results. I never knew a level 3 could last so long against those Icelords though... E.T. Prod U Talk 20:37, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
It is quite possible, just done it wearing full iron with 3 recoils (one had half a charge on it) and an inventory of chocolate cakes. The main problem is getting the ranged icelord off you, as it doesn't hit often enough for a recoil to be effective. Solution: Get a friend to come kill it. Also note: Standing in the corner closest to the war room is most effective because you dont get attacked by other Icelords.
Speeding up with..[edit source]
Premade penguin suit and dramen staff? I picked up a suit yonks ago, and theres a fairy ring near Zoo and Docks. tobylaneTalk 14:08, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Something about a party hat and Between a Rock... references[edit source]
During my second travel to the Iceberg, Larry said something like "In the meantime, I'll tell you how did i get this great rucksack. Well I had this paper hat lying around..."
Also when you talk to the penguin in zoo about learning how to fly, you will say you launched yourself from a cannon, if you did in Between a Rock.... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 2008-09-13 13:36:09 UTC.
So many puns...[edit source]
There's so many puns in this quest it isn't funny.
- Well kinda it is.
True lol.--14:47, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
TOP SECRET[edit source]
|The following information is currently under the attacks of suppression and censorship, but it is an important item that only a goblin could fail to appreciate. On this date, intelligence -- in the form of an imaging orb's observations -- were obtained via an agent who, shortly before the image's discovery and his untimely demise -- was covertly observing Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza.|
This is a disturbing image that is being dismissed as "clever" and "irrelevant" by some.
I'll tell you what is disturbing, levitating penguins! That's what's disturbing!
They pledge "death from above!" And documentation of their levitation -- that's L - E - V - I - T - A - T - I - O - N -- is "irrelevant"?!?
Sound the alarm!!!
--Dionisio 06:46, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- You'll see... Even though it has since been deleted by covert agents sympathetic to the Pescalian Takeover, those who resist such "fowl" machinations shall prevail! "Moo ha ha hah ha!"
--Dionisio 23:10, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Getting back?[edit source]
I was right before we had to make instruments, but I accidentally teleported and I cannot get back to the iceberg. How do I get back? 184.108.40.206 13:20, July 3, 2010 (UTC)Mikki220.127.116.11 13:20, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Did you try going to see Larry near the rock crabs east of Relleka? He has a ship set up there to travel to the island. Make sure to bring the materials and your penguin suit. ~MuzTalk 13:22, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, i did, but he is not there. He also won't tele me from the zoo.He just says "our work is at the iceburg, ill meet you there"
- Oh,lol, I was at the wrong dock!!! Sorry!!!
The Zoo Penguin's mission report is 420, a significant number in marijuana culture. This may or may not work into the quest, considering it is quite a ridiculous quest. Don't have the time to expand on this but someone else might want to. 18.104.22.168 01:25, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
Penguin name?[edit source]
I was wondering what other people's names were. Mine was Pablo (and my character is female). THe KGP agent said: "Welcome back agent... Pablo? But, aren't you... female?" I said: "Hippy parents, sir. They had weird ideas about names.", then the conversation whent on. Might be nice to add to trivia? Leon Art 20:16, July 3, 2011 (UTC).
Construction Boosts?[edit source]
You can't start the quest without 34 construction. While I'm assuming that this means boosts may be used to start the quest (though spicy stew is the only one that can be taken to Larry, and I've had little luck with it), it's probably worth noting that this is the case. 22.214.171.124 17:15, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
Trivia expansion needed[edit source]
If you are female and you show the penguin operative your ID card, he will be a bit skeptical as the card says your name is Pablo. Likewise, if you are male, the operative will be skeptical because your card says that your name is Peach, to which your character reply that it was either that or pear.
needs to be expanded as it is missing what extra is said, only the male is fully explained, What does player say to explain if character is female?
Qaz Wiz 19:10, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
ah mentioned above i will edit page Qaz Wiz 19:13, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
does killing the icelort with recoils and doing 1 damage to it cause you to gain 40 attack xp cause i saw someone did that please help
nzskiing 06:22, November 17, 2012 (UTC)
Quest length[edit source]
Even with all the materials needed, this quest is significantly longer than many of the quests that are labeled as "long" on this wiki. Can we change it to reflect the length of said quest? Brainwasher5 (talk) 22:57, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
Spade in Toolbelt not usable[edit source]
i found out when doing this quest, I was unable to click on the bird hide structure to cover it in snow without having an actual spade in my inventory to "use" on. I made an edit to retify this, but it seems to have been reverted. Unless someone can tell me how the toolbelt spade works? I don't think there was a right click option either. --Jonius7 [[Message_Wall:Jonius7|'''wall''']] 00:02, July 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Stupid question maybe, but you are trying this in RuneScape right? Not OSRS? If you are then the article should be amended that you can't use the spade on the toolbelt. 00:56, July 22, 2016 (UTC)
This was RS3 (I would be on a different wiki if it was OSRS). I think I tried to click on the bird hide by itself and I remember a game message saying "You should cover it in snow first". Additionally, in my quest journal, a spade was highlighted as an item that was needed when I didn't have one in my inventory. I unfortunately didn't take screenshots of the exact moments of interaction with the bird hide structure. I'm saying this as my edit got reverted already and the last thing I want to do is start an edit-undo war. --Jonius7 [[Message_Wall:Jonius7|'''wall''']] 10:10, July 22, 2016 (UTC)
- It's been a while since I did this quest, so I don't remember if I used a spade or the one on the toolbelt, but since you can't use your toolbelted one then the article should be changed, unless someone can show us how to do it with the toolbelted spade. 10:13, July 22, 2016 (UTC)