- 1 Is nothing a joke?
- 2 Blue Charms?
- 3 halberding
- 4 Monster Examine
- 5 Drops
- 6 Killing
- 7 Dragon Scimitar?
- 8 Incorrect drop information
- 9 Rune ore (1-10)
- 10 I heard about drop, but I'm doubtful
- 11 green charm rare?
- 12 Incorrect Drops.. again.
- 13 Slayer XP
- 14 Dragon item drops
- 15 RE: Dragon scimitars
- 16 rune 2h and chainbody
- 17 law drop info
- 18 Disputed information
- 19 Weakness
- 20 F2P and P2P Ranged
- 21 Special Attack Image
- 22 Drop Chart
- 23 Rune warhammer
- 24 Clearing up the drops.
- 25 Max hit?
- 26 Contridiction?
- 27 cockroach soldiors(non members)
- 28 Rune battleaxe / full helmet
- 29 Dragon Weapons is a lie
- 30 Confirmation that Soldiers drop MITH PLATEBODIES?
- 31 Contradiction
- 32 Drop Table
- 33 incorrect charm table
- 34 Very Rare?
- 35 Keris?
- 36 Uncut Dragonstone
- 37 Vecna
- 38 500 Big bones
- 39 I found this glitch...
- 40 *Two* mith ores?
- 41 Drops disputed
- 42 Bot Infested?
- 43 Drops
- 44 Rune drops
Is nothing a joke?[edit source]
Or is it really possible that it can drop nothing? My-name-is-lame 05:09, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
- yes roaches can give nothing as a drop (no items/gold/seeds/runes/ect.) and if u spend even a little time killing them u will see it happen-PartyCrazMan
Blue Charms?[edit source]
I don't think blue charms are very rare, i get blue charms as often as rune scimitars. I think that they are semi-rare, or rare. --Cool Detroit 00:41, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
Has anyone tried halberding them at a distance? It may be that the soldiers won't close the distance, weakening them immensely. Mathwhiz90601 08:14, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Saw someone doing it, and it works :) Rendova 04:20, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
They actually hit higher with range, so there's no point--Template:Signatures/ma44040 00:00, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
I halberd, but at melee range. Since d halberd spec hits them twice, I can often do 25-25, or 35-37 if i get lucky. It's rare to see a 40-x, and it's usually 40-0. Either way, a d halberd is a great item to bring for special attacks.
Monster Examine[edit source]
Can someone cast a Monster Examine on these and report the results? I analyzed some data I gathered on them and they seem to have 94 HP and regenerate at an average rate of around 5 HP/min damaged. Dromedarii 10:29, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
I think it also drops nothing sometimes.
- agreed Sean12349999 00:43, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, cockroach soldiers occasionally drop nothing. Very unrewarding for all the effort your character has put in to slay one =P --Rulinggod 23:10, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Kinda like the Kalphite Queen? Little more effort =p
- Yes, cockroach soldiers occasionally drop nothing. Very unrewarding for all the effort your character has put in to slay one =P --Rulinggod 23:10, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
I totally agree. I fought with with some and that about half of them did not drop anything.
That is possible with free playing users, but with members you will always get something.-Charkitty —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 18:08, 20 February 2016 (UTC).
These are extremely easy to kill with range or mage. I killes one and took no damage (killed solo with a lvl 43 account) Sean12349999 00:44, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
- As of today (18 March 2008), I believe the cockroach soldier's ranged accuracy and power has been increased. I have changed the article to reflect the increase in maximum hit.
- damnSean12349999 03:17, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
Yes I am killing them right now and sometimes they drop nothing. monogul
I highly doubt mithril squares are f2p drops. I've killing hundreds and never gotten one, and I don't think they would be rarer than the rune items.
Dragon Scimitar?[edit source]
Do these things really drop Dragon Scimitars?16:50, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- I really doubt it. Why would a monster, requiring no quests to be completed, drop an item requiring Monkey Madness to wield it? As for what other sites say: Tip.It does not say they drop it, however RuneVillage and RuneHQ say they do drop it. So, until someone (preferably multiple people) can confirm it, I wouldn't bet on it really. 22:11, 13 July 2008 (UTC)This is true you cannot gain a quest rewarded/based weapon or peice of armour by a non-quest monster
- Then how does the Chaos Elemental drop the Dragon Battleaxe? Or revenants dropping dragon daggers? Or Bronze Dragons dropping dragon daggers. Or any other monster dropping the dragon longsword?--Kodeman76 21:42, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
C.E., Revs, and Metal Dragons are all somewhat challenging compared to other monsters. Cockroach Soldiers suck, they do not drop dragon scimitars. The only thing that drops them are Revs because those are supposed to represent PKers... Everyone who said they believe in Cockroach Soldiers dropping d scimmies are full of it, every time it's "my friend got one and I believe him," therefore, it's untrue. Sorry to say it, but your "good friends" are lying to you. They do not drop Dragon Scimitars, quote me on it.
Incorrect drop information[edit source]
The article states that the soldiers drop "Rune chainbodies and Rune 2 handers". Where is this information from? I have checked various sources and all say that its best drops are rune sqs and scims, with no mention of chains or 2hs. I have also spent a lot of time fighting them personally, and have never received or seen anyone receive either of those items. Iplayrs 00:03, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
- I agree because I never got any of the good f2p items except a rune sq. According to Tip.it, the best f2p items dropped are rune scimies and squres . 184.108.40.206 22:53, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
- I can say that I have obtained a rune chain and that my friend got a r2h. If anyone else can say that they did, could they do it here please? Thanks. 05:43, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Rune ore (1-10)[edit source]
Has anyone got that drop? I spent hours and hours killing cockroach soldiers and asked many people but nobody could confirm me that they really drop rune ore.
I got a rune ore (1) onceZebe311 08:29, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
it takes a long time to get a drop like that. estimating 1-100 kills u can get more than 1 at that time i think. I removed the runite ore drop hopefully this can be proven in another note in contradicts the trivia relating to this Manofflames6 19:09, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
I heard about drop, but I'm doubtful[edit source]
I talked to someone who said they are pure f2p and have gotten a 5 rune ore drop and a rune chain drop. I have spent a long time there and still haven't gotten rune ore or a chain (plenty of sqs and scims tho). Jathsen (talk ° Contribs #) 22:22, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
green charm rare?[edit source]
i saw about the charm section in this article, and i see that the blue one is very rare and the green one not rare. I think that the blue one isnt rare, but more uncommon instead.
I have killed them in 45 minutes and I gott following charms:
14 crimson 4 gold 1 blue 0 green
I think the green one is rarer than the blue one
answer by cisenken556: First of all you have not enough kills to show anything I think i have :)
56 crimson 23 gold 13 green 0 blue
Incorrect Drops.. again.[edit source]
Coal would be a pretty common drop right? Not worth much... I train here a lot and have never gotten a coal drop or a rune ore drop (but rune ore is extremely rare). Jathsen (talk ° Contribs #) 18:06, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
Um. Cockroach does actually drop coal, but I got it only a few times (3 out of 25) (lv57)
+2 coal (noted)
Slayer XP[edit source]
384 slayer xp each? Really? I find it hard to believe a level 83 cockroach gives more xp upon being slain than a Mithril Dragon. Can we get a confirmation on this? --a very skeptical nekobawt 23:29, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
the slayer xp is 99% of the time the same as the number of hps (exept the mini-quests like the one in chaos tunnel...) this should be changed Zebe311 07:24, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
Dragon item drops[edit source]
What? Dragon scimitars AND Dragon longswords? Either this is too good to be true, or some guy is having his fun.23:54, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- When it is too good to be true, it usually means that some guy is having his fun. 20:17, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
The thing is, Dragon Scimitars were added to jagex's coinshare at the time these were released. So it's either these or some kind of Revenant. -Kodeman76
I say we take it out of the artical untill somebody does find one in a drop. i highly doubt these things drop Dragon items considering the lengths people have to go to get them. <font style="Background:purple">[[Image:Runecrafting.gif]][[User:Stelercus|<font color=white><b> Stelercus </b></font>]]<font size = 6>[[Image:Guthix symbol.png]]</font></font> 10:34, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
- Perhaps we should delete most of the drops untill we Really know them? FredeTalk 10:19, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know, I've been chewed out before for not assuming good faith. Apparently you can't label something as vandalism unless you have proof otherwise and you're supposed to assume that the edit was made with good faith and that anyone including only IP address's are trying to better help the wikia. Which greatly slows down the responses to vandalism, but meh, it's the system.--Kodeman76 16:46, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
I recently got a dragon longsword, so yes, you can get dragon items. -xxkaylee. 09.56 29 January 2009.
I have never gotten that drop from them, so the only thing i can guess is that it was a lucky drop from the rare drops table- Chatkitty —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 18:08, 20 February 2016 (UTC).
RE: Dragon scimitars[edit source]
runevillage have a lot of miss information, Runehq, seems to follow suit these days,
Cockroach soldier are the best for blue charms so far as for dragon weapons 4k kill count no dragon items no rune chains, or scimitars,
rune 2h and chainbody[edit source]
One of my friends once said he got a rune 2h from one of them, but on the drops page it doesnt say anything about it. Also, i've heard rumors that they can drop Rune chainmail (or chainbody). Is this true? FredeTalk 13:43, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
--I would NOT believe anything a friend tells me unless I see for myself. I'm not saying your friend lies.. WAIT I AM. I've killed roaches to the point i get 1-5 rune items (sq/scims) a trip, and i've never got a 2h. The most rare thing they drop is tooth/loop half and rune javelins. im not even sure they drop rune spears. I've gotten 17 rune scims and 14 rune sqs since.. 2 tooths, 1 loop. people joke around a lot on runescape, so don't believe/add things you cannot verify.
law drop info[edit source]
the numbers are definitely wrong i know i got 39 once so i will change it to that for now has anyone got more than that?
- No, actually i doubt that you even got 39 Law runes. (Of course i can be wrong), but i find it unrealistic that a f2p monster like this drops 39 of them. Are you use you didnt have like 19 of them in inventory without noticeing, and then got 20 law runes from a drop? FredeTalk 18:49, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
When they first came out I got 39 law runes in 1 drop. However, since about a week or two after I never got that many law runes in 1 drop again. So I think the maximum number you can get in 1 drop has been reduced. -Raven212
The most I've gotten is 24, and i've killed several hundred--Template:Signatures/ma44040 00:04, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
Disputed information[edit source]
Has anybody seriously received a drop of a dragon longsword or dagger? I used to train on these a few months ago but I didn't get any of these things. Thanks, CFLM (Talk) 05:39, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- To be perfectly honest, I have NEVER gotten any of those drops. I also trained on these and the entire time I got neither. The "information" says you need to do Lost City. I've done that quest before I trained on the roaches, and that didn't change the fact that I wasn't getting one. I did also use a RoW, but still nothing. I have a very good feeling that this information is wrong (as well as the rune chainbodies and 2 handers). --Monkey139 01:32, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
- I can only confirm the rune scimitar, rune sq shield, and dragon scimitar. I have not recieved the scimitar, but as I said before, it was added to jagex's coinshare at the time of their release. But do remember, a rune 2h sword is an extremely rare drop by fire giants, even more rare than the dragon med. This could be the case as well. --Kodeman76 16:02, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
I forgot a few things. The (1) Cosmic Rune drop I know is a drop from cockroach workers, I think this might be a mistake. Secondly, to check accuracy of the drops I formed this drop list. here. --Kodeman76 16:08, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
The weakness listed on the Table and the Fighting strategies disagree which one is it Crush or Slash that its weak against. Anubis thing 21:16, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- I noticed the same thing. However, i would say Crush attacks. FredeTalk 05:23, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure all the cockroaches are slightly weaker to crush attacks. when I was a F2P I had alot more luck with a rune w'hammer than a scimmy. Bobdog:) 07:33, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
F2P and P2P Ranged[edit source]
Special Attack Image[edit source]
I've edited the image of the special attack so that is is now a still image which shows the full attack in action. The original image is still available, simply switch the file extension from png to gif to revert to the original. I've also copied the authorship of the image from the original.
03:50, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Drop Chart[edit source]
I'm currently creating a chart with all of the drops that I get from a large sample of kills (number of each kind of drop, not number of items like 14 law runes, etc. i receive from those drops). Currently I have 74 mith ores, 99 coins, 31 addy ores, 0 rune scims, 22 death runes, 26 law runes, 2 rune square shields, 8 fire runes, 2 mith med helms, 4 uncut sapphires, 2 uncut emeralds, 2 uncut rubies, 2 uncut diamonds, and 9 instances of nothing. I will continue to add to it for a long time to get a bigger picture because it's a bit misleading right now with no rune scims.
Since no one has responded.... I did get a rune scim and 2 rune square shields without wearing ring of wealth late last week in one run. 18.104.22.168 19:48, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
i've got 5 rune items in a trip before. my friend has gotten 6. they are quite uncommon. i can contribute to a drop log as well, but only WITH a ROW. Last trip i took i got 1 rune scim, but i was ranging. 2 trips ago, i got 4 rune scims. my friend got 4 rune sqs his 2nd last trip.
Rune warhammer[edit source]
They do not drop half the crud people say they do, you get rune scimmys law runes seeds and coal and adamant ore charms key stuff etc, no rune chains kites boots etc. alot of BS on this site.
Clearing up the drops.[edit source]
Honestly I don't know where half of the drops come from on here. Never, ever have I had 4 Earth Runes as a drop, and runite ore as a drop is a lie.
The only rune drops possible are the sq.shield and scimitar.
Unless people have a video to prove it dropped one, or data from the offical RuneScape website, any sudden additions to drops are untrue. I'll edit the page.
- My friend got a d scim. And I trust him. 01:27, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- I see Dragon scimitar was deleted. My good friend got one and I think I should change it back... 21:51, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Your good friend is full of it, he's lying to you. No pic, no proof.
--Dragon scim my ...
Max hit?[edit source]
I know the article says its max hit is 8 with Melee, but one just hit a 10 on me with Melee...should this be added? Or was I just unlucky? ThatOneGuy 05:11, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
it was ranged. video proof at least..??
It says that it drops the Dragon Scimitar but on the Trivia it says it does not. Someone fix one of them.
cockroach soldiors(non members)[edit source]
how many do u have to kill before u get a rune scim or rune sq shield im a non member its dumb i no please help quick
- You will need to kill between one and infinity.
- Drop chances are not "you get this drop every xth monster you kill", they are "you have a 1 in x chance to get this drop every time you kill one of this monster". Therefore you could get a rune scimitar or square shield on your first kill, or you may never get one. Its down to chance. 09:38, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Agreed. Though I have slain hundreds of these soldiers, I have gotten a Rune sq. shield but once prior to today. However, upon my second kill today, I received such a shield. Ralnon (talk) 20:30, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
Its all about patience...although I am in the same situation...lol
Full Slayer Helmet! 14:54, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
I had a rune square after 2 kills.... I think that is very lucky xD!
16:49, Novembre 28, 2010 (UTC)
Rune battleaxe / full helmet[edit source]
Anyone can claim they got a Rune full helmet and/or Rune battleaxe from these... (I mean, i once got an abbysal whip even though im F2P!)
I will keep deleting RFH and R b axe from the drop list until someone can show me a video / image... FredeTalk 12:30, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
you cant get a abbysal whip on f2p moron - its called sarcasm idiot
Hi, My name is T3CHN0L0GYS and i can tell you that the rune scim and sq drop rate is totally random. I have begun fighting them again since i am a non-member now and I have done 3 inv of food and have gotten 4scims. My combat level is 98 with 78 att 80str and 78def. If you want to add me go ahead I would be more than willing to lootshare with some new people, but you would have to join my cc.
Dragon Weapons is a lie[edit source]
i have killed at least 300 cockroach soldiers and i got rune scims and sq shield but i never got any dragon weapon
- Just because you haven't gotten a dragon weapon doesn't mean it's impossible to get one. The number of cockroaches you've killed is irrelevant because you have the same chance every time you kill a cockroach. They are all independent outcomes so you could theoretically never receive a dragon drop. Andrew talk 15:10, September 6, 2009 (UTC)
i spent 2 hrs killing soldiers and i am glad to say that they do drop both dragon scims for both me and the friend i was there with got 1 within the 1st hour (note loot share was not on)
Look Ask any body to even think they drop dragon anyhting is bullocks, annd they only drop rune scims and sq, no other rune weapon been playing for 2years and fighting these as a member for 4months it does not and will not happen keep dreaming.
Confirmation that Soldiers drop MITH PLATEBODIES?[edit source]
I really believe a player killed a worker and thought it was a drop from a soldier. I've killed them daily, and have gotten 40+ rune scims and 30+ rune sq's, but have never seen a mith platebody. is it because it's rarer, is it because it's false information.. someone check, and take a pic or .gif or vid as proof.
I think I got one, though it may have been a worker. 22.214.171.124 07:59, April 12, 2013 (UTC)Noobyhead99
"The best weapons used to fight against these monsters at a high level (though it is not recommended at a high level) [...] "
Can anyone clarify this any? I don't think a "best" weapon to use against something wouldn't be recommended to use against it.02:59, December 26, 2009 (UTC)
Drop Table[edit source]
Removed the Cosmic rune, Chaos rune and Vial drop. Cosmics and Chaos' are drops from the Cockroach Worker (Level 56). Vials...I don't know how that got there.
Also, there are no Dragon weapon drops other than the spear, and only rune drops are Scimitar and Sq Shield. Not sure about Rune spear, never got one, but I'll keep it on just in case.
Anyone who says they got dragon scimitar/rune chain/rune 2h/anything else not on the list is lying.
- Stormy Times
Today , i just noticed that the someone changed the droptable, making many common-uncommon items rare such as all the seeds are made rare- or very rare when some are quite common, and all the rare items are were made very rare, like effigies
incorrect charm table[edit source]
As I'm posting this, the crimson charm drop rate for cockroach soldiers is 70% (as displayed in the chart), even though whenever I go, the drop rate seems to be around 30%. I went to add to the table, and it said that it was based off a kill sample of 9999 with 7000 crimson charms dropped. It seems like somebody edited it to make it seem like they dropped crimson charms more often then they really do. What should be done about it? Chaosmage464 18:53, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Someone vandalised it. Fixed. 18:56, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
Very Rare?[edit source]
Both rune javelins and starved ancient effigies are listed as "very rare" though I received both in under 15 mins... --Limxzero 06:51, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
On another note, due to the fact that over a several-hour period, I received 8-10 sq shields and no scimitars, I wonder if scimitars are rarer than shields. --Limxzero 23:51, January 6, 2011 (UTC)
I got one, swear, AND 240 ADAMITE ORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most likely not, but: does the keris help here in a similar way of extra effectiveness like it does with kalphites? Kalphites are also not sacred like the scarabs, but is still works.... maybe, in a far stretch because these are insects too, the keris might work too?
Uncut Dragonstone[edit source]
I just received an uncut dragonstone from a drop. Think it has been added as a drop with the new RoW update.
Any news on drop rate?Dmck2b 14:29, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
500 Big bones[edit source]
I just got 500 big bones from a cockroach soldier.. It wasn't on the drop table. Maybe its because i was wearing the ring of wealth but i donno..
- That can probably be attributed to the rare drop table. --Limxzero 20:22, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Does not happen full of it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 14:30, November 25, 2011.
I found this glitch...[edit source]
*Two* mith ores?[edit source]
OK, I've killed more than a few of these, and never seen one drop *two* mith ores - always in a pile of three (noted). The workers (sometimes) drop two - perhaps that is where this came from - other drops from workers have mistakenly found their way here before. Can anyone confirm that soldiers sometimes drop two? I always come away with a stack that is a multiple of three. JalYt-Mej-Wynde 17:23, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
Drops disputed[edit source]
As far as I know, Cockroach soldiers never drop black full helms, cosmic runes, or nature runes. --Limxzero 20:19, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
- I've received nature runes as a drop before. Duffmaaan (talk) 09:21, April 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Smells like the Cockroach worker drops. I've spent a fair amount of time with those and have gotten helms, cosmics, & nats. 20:54, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
Bot Infested?[edit source]
I am currently training against the Cockroach soldiers, and have done this on 2 different worlds, and I haven't seen any bots yet. Perhaps removing this statement is in order? BadBoyJH 08:53, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Lately, there's been a decrease in bot activity. Still some around, but most are gone from the SOPS. I assume it's due to Jagex's increased measures against such things. But yes, it should be incorporated into the article. --Limxzero 17:05, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
they also drop uncut emeralds
I would just like to say that gravite 2h is clearly faster than rapier is when killing these from my personal experience
I killed 10,000 of them. NOT ONE CLUE SCROLL! I did get craploads of rune scimmies tho :/20:42, November 23, 2013 (UTC)
Have gotten new gold drop amount for this list and it is 16k drop but this is very rare loot. Killed about 3k soldiers for that1. Have anybody else seen that kind drop from these?188.8.131.52 05:15, February 18, 2014 (UTC)felriver
Rune drops[edit source]
I've been killing cockroach soldiers for about two hours now and I have yet to get any runes. I got four rune sq sheilds but not a single fire, law, or blood rune —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 15:10, September 26, 2014 (UTC).
EDIT: If it still needs to be updated, did they ever release when the table would be updated? Because I don't want to waste my time down here if I don't have to. Additionally, I think that for the time being, we should remove or at least hide the rune drop table from the article Cockroach soldier.
Ok Guys, I see all this posting about the dragon item drops. It IS possible, but on a rare chance as that comes from the random rare items drop table. And that table is HUGE, so you have chances for a wide range of things. -Charkitty 02/20/16 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 18:08, 20 February 2016 (UTC).