Talk:Clue scroll (elite)
See: Talk:Clue scroll (Level 1) 20:41, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
Revenant Clues[edit source]
If this page doesn't get merged back into the clue scroll page, I'm going to post the same thing here I did on the clue scroll page. It says "Some high-level revenants" under the drop list. That isn't specific enough. Someone remove that and add the names of the revenants if any that are confirmed to drop them. Seriously, who added the "some high level revenants"?126.96.36.199 20:54, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
- 188.8.131.52 was the person who added it. 20:59, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
I agree, but still, i think at least elite clues should have a seperate page, because they pose completely different challenges AND the guthix mage. I suppose no-one listed which revenants because revenants aren't the easiest monsters to kill and because it is quite a challenge to find 1 specific kind of revenant. Also, at least now we know revenants can drop elite's. Abyssalnorth 20:20, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
We should remove that section until we know exactly which ones drop it. Then when we get confirmation about which ones drop it, add their specific names to the chart.Guthix1110 01:50, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
Dragon Equipment[edit source]
Can we make a table for the dragon equipment thats confirmed to be rewarded from doing these? I can confirm Dragon Longsword.19:39, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
Dragon Dagger. Also yew, magic, palm seeds. Drikam 08:23, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
From my tests, when you dig up a clue box, you will have one of the following:
-you will get a guthix wizard, then you will get a plain scroll box OR plain chest.
-you will get a puzzle scroll box OR puzzle chest.
-you will get a knot scroll box OR knot chest.
You will never get a wizard, then have to do a knot or puzzle after killing the wizard.
Subclue#1 You dig somewhere. You get no wizard. You get knot.
Subclue#2 You solve it, go somewhere else. You get wizard. You get no puzzle/knot.
Subclue#3 You can however dig once more, get no wizard and you WILL get knot/puzzle.
I updated the info in the article.. Maybe it doesnt explain as much there.. But thats how it works.
Done 15+ elites so 75+ tests which never failed. I also tried to meerkat some.. You can dig with a spade, get wizard.. run away from it. Come back, use your meerkat fetch scroll - you get a plain scroll box/chest.
Drikam 12:30, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
alert locations for FREE elite clue[edit source]
alert location found for lunar isle
Since NEX is a new GWD boss monster, would NEX also drop Elite clue scrolls?
Taafe 13:40, January 12, 2011 (UTC)
Probably does, but is usually lootshared/Coinshared. Qazwsx753421 23:16, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
Wealth and Clues[edit source]
When I dug up the elite clue you get after Do No Evil, my wealth shone more brightly at that time. I'm wondering, does that mean the clue reward is determined the moment you receive a clue, rather than at the end? 184.108.40.206 18:29, August 10, 2011 (UTC) 220.127.116.11 04:28, October 5, 2017 (UTC)sorry this is so far overdue. elite clue scrolls always make ring of wealth shine brightly when received. has no effect on loot when recieved
Mutated Jadinkos[edit source]
So on the mutated jadinko guard page, it says they drop elite clues. However, it is not on the drop list...should this be fixed? Which is correct?
Add new Creature[edit source]
Can someone add the Mature Grotworm in the "Drop table", I couldnt figure out how. Xbox Armor 00:41, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
No wizard[edit source]
I just dug up a scroll box from an elite compass clue (that I received from a dwarven instinct aura chest), that did not spawn a guthix wizard, nor did the scroll box have a puzzle. I did not use Meerkats nor do I have any of those skipping tickets... It was behind an oak just west of Lumbridge; I've fought wizards there before. IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:15, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- sometimes guthix wizards dont appear. i believe its normal --Elven Core (talk) 02:15, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
Elite clue scrolls more than 7 clues long[edit source]
Just finished an elite clue scroll, which had 9 clues for me to do: (1.) compass; (2.) puzzle box; (3.) compass; (4.) puzzle box; (5.) scan; (6.) celtic knot; (7.) compass; (8.) puzzle box; (9.) compass. And to open the treasure chest once again a celtic knot.Viatius (talk) 14:19, 24 January 2020 (UTC)
- Your clue was 5 steps long. Puzzle box and celtic knot are part of the same step as finding the casket. 22.214.171.124 17:35, 24 January 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I couldn't find it anywhere that a puzzle box and celtic knots are a '2-in-1'. Did I miss it somewhere? The info that a elite clue scroll is 5-7 clues long, seems quit deceptive then. But perhaps I'm a noob!Viatius (talk) 18:04, 24 January 2020 (UTC)
- I don't think it's stated anywhere explicitly either way, but a treasure trail being "X clues long" I expect refers to the number of different actual clue scrolls one receives and needs to solve, before the casket is found. That is what the data also corresponds to. Whether you get a puzzle box, celtic knot or guthix wizard to beat along the way, does not count as a separate 'step/clue' in this meaning. It's just part of solving that specific clue scroll. (Much like some clues are solve an anagram, talk to the NPC, solve a puzzle box, talk to the NPC again, and only then is the clue scroll in your inventory swapped for another one.) 126.96.36.199 18:27, 24 January 2020 (UTC)
- Ah, thanks for the info! Appreciate it!