After the quest...[edit source]
Has anyone delivered any of these to Awowogei after the quest? So far I got 20 to him but didn't receive much. Everytime I got a bunch of death or blood runes, a lot less than what I used for that run, or even worse, a banana. On the 5th and 10th delivery the chimp ice melted a lot faster (about 1/3 to 1/2 of normal time) and the king rewarded me with one statue (everytime) at the monkey colony. As far as I know, this serves no purpose other than looks. The 15th and 20th delivery didn't reward me with a statue. King Awowogei will keep a counter of how many chimp ices you delivered to him so there might be a final reward for your efforts. Any more information is welcome. Lathow 23:43, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- So, we know that there's a reward at 25 extra ices. After that the king doesn't say that bringing more would make the colony prosper any more but he still does keep count and ask for more. I think we can't say that 25 is the final amount until someone's tried up to at least 50. Thingummywut 20:36, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- According to this thread (http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,59,61965345) there is no reward when you've delivered 50. AFAIK no one has tried 100 runs yet. 21:02, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- considering the ridiculous amount of work needed to get all these chock ices to the king, has anyone received anything worth the effort? since dragon scimitars are a dime a dozen nowadays, getting one or two on random trips doesn't really count 220.127.116.11 04:42, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- You get a statue at 5, 10 and 15 (an earlier bug meant that your 3rd statue didn't show up, this has been fixed). The time for every 5th chimp ice to melt is exactly half it would seem. (Just tested normal chimp ice with Ice Blitz - 45 secs and 20th chimp ice with Ice Blitz - 22.5 seconds).--04smithc 16:43, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Mod Edam confirmed there are no further rewards after the elite knife fighters (http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,769,61973390) 19:30, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, while the first sentence clearly states there are no more special rewards after 25 deliveries, the way the answer ends (we didn't want you to do hundreds of runs so the rewards are only cosmetic) implies, for me at least, that there might be unique rewards after 25, but only cosmetic. I want to believe I am wrong though. Lathow 14:09, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
Do you get the checkpoint on Ape Atoll like before, or do you have to start all over again if it melts?19:53, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- There is no checkpoint like in the quest. I added this information. J22f 19:22, January 12, 2011 (UTC)
Running Ice[edit source]
Since when can we bring ancients to Entrana? Should that part of the guide for running be fixed? Also, does anyone know if spirit trees can be used? 09:14, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh nevermind, don't need ancient's staff.
21:51, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
- I edited the guide. It is about 30-45 steps longer, but it avoids Entrana which allows you to take a water staff and other useful gear. J22f 19:26, January 12, 2011 (UTC)
Removed some info since the statues will appear again with today's update.
18.104.22.168 16:37, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
Chimp Ice Enhancer[edit source]
Hey all, not sure how many people actually use this/check this page nowadays, but it's of note, that if you receive a chimp ice enhancer from The Motherlode Maw, it will double the duration of all ice spells effects on the chimp ice. This much is common knowledge, what isn't common knowledge, at least judging from the fact nobody has written it on the wiki page, is that if you activate the enhancer for the 5th run and follow the "slow-melting" path, you will only need to freeze your chimp ice 3 times on fast-melting and 2 times on slow-melting.
With that in mind, you'll use 15 charges of your enhancer to complete all 5 fast-melting runs. As you can't deactivate your enhancer once a charge has been used, you'll use an additional 32 charges on the 16 remaining slow-melting runs. This brings the total charges used to a mere 47/50 used... An annoying trim req certainly made a lot easier/less stressful, if you ask me.
Hope it helps someone at least! Also, first time poster so not really sure where this post will end up or how it'll end up. >< Apologies!
22.214.171.124 08:23, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks -- 05:12, July 8, 2016 (UTC)