Do you have to go in order to get the challenges? For example, do I have to get and defeat the Imp first?-- Atlandy 00:39, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
- No, i did skeletons first, but it took weeks to get it!!! goblins would have been easier. Chrislee33 19:08, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
- Is it possible that doing it in order can increase chances of getting a challenge?188.8.131.52 02:34, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
Forum Links[edit source]
There was a link to a forum thread in External links, but it was dead, so I removed it. I don't think links to the forum are that helpful because they usually don't last too long. DarkMagic 17:23, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
I've added the forum link with the most data about Champions Challenges. This is V3 of a thread that has been running for over 3 years. I am an XV Champion. Ghanburi 22:02, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
Other fansite guides[edit source]
Other sites listed here (on talk pages) as resources:
- to make this guide more comprehensive
- to improve quality of our information
- to check that nothing here has been copied outright from other sites - RuneScape:Copyrights
- http://runevillage.com/rs2SpecialReports/rs2SpecialChampionChallange.php . Chrislee33 04:25, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Easiest Scroll[edit source]
In my attempt to get all the songs in runescape (2 away atm) I would like to know which of the scrolls would be 'easiest' to get.--Long Live Armadyl 02:11, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, you could always cannon goblins in Lumbridge. Failing that, camp imps at any of their numerous spawn points. --nekobawt 15:22, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- I personally reccomend the zammy encampment in the GWD for the imps, there are 2 very fast spawns in there! 16:10, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
I would just do either skeletons or zombies, since they're training monsters anyway. I've done six scrolls so far, including imps which was sheer luck. Excluding zombies and skeletons, all the others I got while just killing 1 or 2 random monsters in the middle of doing something else despite previously camping those areas and getting nothing (ie, earth warriors, goblins, imps, and hobgoblins). ~(Anonymous)
Goblin is easiest, second would be imps in the Zamorak Stronghold in the God Wars Dungeon. JaydenB 22:20, October 31, 2009 (UTC)
Picture of the wall[edit source]
I recently finished. Would you rather a picture of the completed banner wall than just a picture of the east and west sides?
Imp scroll[edit source]
I went to the God Wars Dungeon and killed exactly 254 imps, but I didn't get the scroll. What's the deal? -- k thx bye - Evil Borg2 19:30, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- There's only a low random chance that you'll get a champion scroll, so sometimes you have to kill very many hundreds of a creature before you get one. I figured I've killed well over 1,000 skeletons without getting a scroll yet. Inelcirc 22:47, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
Leprechauns are not one of the 13 races[edit source]
If you read Jagex's 09-Nov-2009 news, read their new Knowledge Base item on Champions' Challenge, and go fight the Leprechaun Champion, you will see that leprechauns are not one of the three new races added to the regular mini-game. Instead, the Leprechaun Champion is different. No challenge scroll is required to fight him, the 'informal' match takes place in the training room rather than the arena, no banner is issued for defeating him, and he is not listed on the board when you defeat him.
So, please, stop changing the table to list the Leprechaun Champion in the 13 races part of the table. Inelcirc 16:02, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Players can now obtain the Leprachaun Champion banner, I noticed it today, June 7th, 2011. I know that it was the Leprachaun, as I examined it and it said it was.***
I didn't want to erase this page because I felt I had no right to, but I figured I should add this little comment in here for people to see.
Three New Champions[edit source]
3 new champions, 1 new champion of champions
Banshee, Aberrant Spectre, Mummy Champion of champion: Gnome (Glorphren or something)
Use quickchat to see.16:03, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
Aberrant Champion[edit source]
It really cannot give 6,000 Slayer XP as that would put it at 1,500 Hitpoints based on all other Champions. I am trying to get this scroll at the moment, yet I would like confirmation if that information is correct. Ryan PM 04:40, November 10, 2009 (UTC) Saw the scroll now. Ryan PM 01:55, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
Easier to get challenge scrolls now?[edit source]
Since the 09 Nov 2009 update, challenge scrolls may be much easier to get. I started targeting scroll droppers and got a skeleton challenge within about 100-150 kills. I switched to zombies and got their scroll within about 50 kills. It may be that the scrolls are easier to get (alternatively, I could just have been very lucky).
I suggest we try to track how easy it now is to get scrolls, to see if we need to revise the "very rare" text about the scrolls. Inelcirc 15:11, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
- I think you're lucky. I killed 400 zombies so far and nothing yet. 19:50, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
- I've killed more than 1000 Level 22 skeletons (My strength raised from 74 to 75) and still haven't gotten one. Unless I missed it or the skeletons in the Digsite Dungeon don't drop them.--184.108.40.206 01:30, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
Took me several hundred goblins to get their scroll. I must have been lucky earlier, oh well. Inelcirc 17:34, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
I've killed around 2000 goblins and still have yet to find a scroll.220.127.116.11 00:39, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
A good way to get your first champion scroll is to pick two races that drop a champion like goblins and banshees kill 200 of 1 race then move to the next and so on till the drop. In theory this method is ment to double your chances of getting a champion scroll as the champion scroll for 1 race is diffrent to the 1 of another race so this means by killing 2 races you have the chance of getting two champion scrolls hope this helps.
Ps. While writing this i got my second champion scroll using this method
Jonpim8 13:57, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
Also the thing you need to get a champion scroll is patience Jonpim8 14:07, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
I have giant one nowJonpim8 17:06, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Does that really increase your chances? If you could somehow kill both races at the exact same time it would. But if you're just switching back and forth isn't it the same as killing one race until you get a scroll and then moving on to the other?
- To make my point clearer: I have two standard six-sided dice. Rolling a six with either dice would mean winning. If I rolled both at the same time, my chances of getting a six would increase. But by your method, I would only roll one die at a time. Which means switching back and forth would be the same as just using one single die.18.104.22.168 20:28, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Exactly, it should not matter. However, from a psychological point of view, it may help to switch once in a while to different monsters just to fight the boredom... I have been fighting ghouls for weeks now and haven't gotten a scroll yet, so once in a while I switch to giants or goblins. Dimchord 15:00, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
DT pyramid mummies no longer 10hp?[edit source]
Searched the tumb for a mummy respawn but no longer 10 maybe weaker than other mummies, still seems worth it as I earn 300~ exp per kill instead of 0-1 which is the xp for most mummies and can afk for constant 1 + spawns in kills. Is there a better way or a place I can cannon or make the chaos tunnels agro again?
- I used the Jaldraocht wall rawr mummies. They no longer have 10 hp, but it' still very little. You can easily kill them in one or two hits with fire wave/blast or blood blitz. A pro is that the other mummies are no longer aggressive. So stack up on runes nd get the mummy spawn going, and you should get a scroll quickly-ish. 19:56, January 1, 2013 (UTC)