Talk:Bringing Home the Bacon
Pig Pens[edit source]
Why the pig pens aren't listed in the rewards? One is in Falador, south of gem shop, another in Varrock, west of lodestone, and I've found another one in East Ardougne, north of North Bank. Haven't found any in Lumbridge. 18.104.22.168 14:58, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
In the wiki, it says how farmers in Lumbridge will praise the idea of having a pig that carries tools. This actually isn't true depending on which pig you picked. If you picked the prayer one for example, it would talk about how you spiritually cool it is. Should it be reworded to have a more general quest explanation instead of the tools?
22.214.171.124 03:21, July 11, 2013 (UTC)
Eating Horses?[edit source]
Just look at those useless no-horned unicorns that were all over the place a few years ago. When people worked out they tasted good they were wiped right out!
Did anyone else think the above dialogue in the quest could be a reference to the recent scandal about finding horse meat in burgers? It was in the newspapers a lot back in January and it does take them several months to design a quest so it would've been in newspapers and stuff as they were designing the quest. 04ismailjj6 (talk) 16:07, July 11, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think so. Jagex has been making joke references about horses in Runescape over many years. For years (2005?-unknown), Runescape players have been posting on the suggestions forum for Jagex to implement in the game, a way for players to ride on steeds... that it might even be incorporated into a new skill called Riding that could allow you to travel around Gielinor on horseback (level 1 - ride on the back of a pony, level 99 - ride on the back of a Pegasus). Jagex didn't implement the suggestion because the technical and graphical complexity of having players riding on horseback would be daunting (also, people who suggested Riding on the forums didn't understand that having players ride around on horseback throughout Gielinor would be technically too difficult for a Java-based game like Runescape). So if Eli Bacon joked that there are no horses in Gielinor, it was likely due to the suggestions of steeds that Jagex had been besieged with by Runescape players on so many occasions.
Although... Riding would have been a lot better choice as the new skill introduced in 2010 than that non-skill of a minigame called Dungeoneering. Even Sailing
* would have been a better choice as a skill than Dungeoneering!
*Sailing was a heavily circulated false rumour of being the new Runescape skill to be introduced in 2010.
126.96.36.199 22:09, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
P.S. In 2013, now that Runescape has devolved into Easyscape with lodestones eliminating the requirement for anything to travel around Gielinor, (e.g. you used to require Magic Level 37 for Teleport to Falador... now you can just use a lodestone), more seldom are there suggestions on the Runescape forums for a new Riding skill.
- You may have a point there about the horsemeat scandal, but we don't know for sure if it's definite and so we can't say that it is 22:16, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
In the intro, it mentions a bacon-based alcoholic beverage as one of the rewards. Yet no such beverage is mentioned anywhere else, especially not in the rewards section. Does this beverage exist? If so, it needs to be integrated. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 23:16, August 1, 2013.
- Yep, you have to brew it yourself though. It's called pigswill 08:17, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
Weekly Familiar Reward[edit source]
Does anyone have any idea how the familiar given is decided? I've been getting prayer pigs for all the weeks that I've decided to claim it (four times, I think), but my machine is configured to pack pigs and I even supported war pigs during the quest. I'd prefer pack pigs, personally, so trying to squeeze some out of him is getting tedious since it's a weekly thing. Nothing special here. (talk) 08:13, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
- It seems to be a bug, and it's not mentioned in the article. Until it gets fixed, just set the machine to prayer pigs if you want pack pigs (and vice versa). Dtm142 (talk) 20:40, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
The Death of Chivalry is officially reffered to as the first 6th age quest, which sets Bringing Home the Bacon in the 5th age, despite being released after The World Wakes. However the formula used to display ages in the quest infobox is a little too complicated for me to change this, so it would be nice if someone could bring the bacon to the 5th age.--Mariobaryla (talk) 13:25, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
Weekly bacon[edit source]
It says here in the rewards section that you get 55 bacon weekly, but I only get 15. I have not upgraded the pig machine so far, so maybe the pig machine upgrade changes the quantity? V the Mighty (talk) 17:57, 25 May 2020 (UTC)