Talk:Brawling gloves (Prayer)
Does this prayer bonus "stack" with say a gilded altar? If so that would be 525% more xp (with both burners lit) zomg the ectofunctus would be 600% more xp than just burying... curiously ~
kytti khat 05:59, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- Nope, unfortunatly, the prayer gloves dont stack with ecto... and i havn't tested this but i dont think that the game allows you to enter POH houses on a pvp world.Better remove that section from the article, i'll leave the wildy part though, because that's completely true. 16:53, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
ok that 30 min thing, io dont think is true[edit source]
for some reason i used my prayer brawling gloves for more than 3o min, cause i had to bury over 1k bones to get to 70 prayer and that means that this should be tested. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kazypoo1 (talk) on 13:27, December 12, 2008 (UTC).
- wtf are you talking about? you can enter POH's on pvp worlds, and you get 1.5x prayer xp from offering bones on an altar. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 02:12, September 28, 2009.
House and Gloves[edit source]
I have had some prayer gloves lying around in my bank and decided to check if they worked in house before using with other methods. I can confirm the gloves with a gilded altar and both burner lit do in fact give 378 exp. 18.104.22.168 02:12, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Also I finished using them today (forgot I wasn’t signed on yesterday) and I can also confirm they do last for 1275 or so uses incase anyone doubted it. If it isn’t 1275, it was 1 or 2 off from it, but I think I just messed up with some bones...Also I am going to edit page to say how they do work in house, if I don’t have enough proof or anything feel free to change it back. Bio 18:33, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
more than revenants and chaos[edit source]
I just got brawling gloves (prayer) from gargoyles. i don't how it is with any other monsters but consider this. 22.214.171.124 21:18, May 6, 2014 (UTC)6-5-2014 kluthy eyres
I just recieved one pair of Praying Brawlers from a Gladius. I am not sure if it had somehting to do with me wearing a RoW, but either way, it is indeed not exclusively a drop from the listed monsters. DPSOnly (talk) 18:48, July 10, 2014 (UTC)
- The page mentions the rare drop table. So it essentially covers every monster that drops it. MolMan 18:52, July 10, 2014 (UTC)
For some reason I am only getting 630 exp burying frost dragon bones in wilderness while wearing the Brawling gloves (prayer) and dragon rider amulet. 126.96.36.199 12:31, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Recently Brawling gloves were changed making the bonus experience modifier increase the deeper you are in wilderness. From what I've read, it is only a 55% bonus just past the ditch/wall, and a full 300% in the furthest part north. IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:36, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Looks like this is correct - I tested again and was getting 1,440 exp burying frost dragon bones anywhere north of the wilderness fence and down to level 40. At level 35 this reduced to 1.314 exp Vlad the old (talk) 07:12, November 24, 2014 (UTC)
Just had these drop from a Dark Beast in the mourning tunnels, took 2442 dark beast kills (I've only ever killed dark beasts whilst wearing a helm of darkness keeping count) with a ring of wealth on so I'd say they're very rare, not sure how to do page changes though so hopefully someone will take the info I've provided and contribute it to the page. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 18:06, December 4, 2014 (UTC).
- They are part of the rare drop table, and are already listed. IP220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:07, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
Cleansing Crystals[edit source]
Anyone tested on cleansing crystals?
I tried and it used 2-3% charges per stone, which gave a large chunk of xp, it's also far cheaper than frosts.
I didn't record what i found i then somehow lost my brawlers so can't test further.
Using with VoS would increase xp too.
Doing rough math it would give about 1.2m xp (VoS dependant?), cost 3m gp and take between 1 and 2 hours. So it could be a worthy consideration.
18.104.22.168 21:19, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
Most efficient?[edit source]
"Burying rune dragon bones in the wilderness with Brawling gloves (Prayer) and a Dragon Rider amulet (requires the quest One of a Kind) for 1,520 experience per bone. This allows for 1,936,480 experience from one set of Brawlers, making it the most efficient use of the Brawling gloves (Prayer)."
Wouldn't cremating them be better exp? They are 475 exp ea if you cremate them, which would result in 1900 exp ea. Or does it not work on cremation?
22.214.171.124 13:01, August 1, 2015 (UTC)
Chaos altar[edit source]
Anyone tried to use it with the chaos altar? around lvl 12 wildy? 126.96.36.199 06:44, 14 November 2019 (UTC)