Talk:Bounty Hunter (historical)
- 1 Untitled
- 2 sigh
- 3 Tactics?
- 4 Glitch
- 5 Tatics to surive in bh
- 6 Pvp
- 7 Questions
- 8 Wikipedia link
- 9 single or multi combat?
- 10 Reward?
- 11 Enjoy ^_^
- 12 Bounty Hunter in the Wilderness
- 13 New Article
- 14 About the songs...
- 15 leveling up
- 16 Historical Article?
- 17 AWESOME!!!
- 18 Old Bounty Hunter
- 19 Fixing up
- 20 Merge
- 21 Hiscores? Score?
- 22 Running Targets and Other People
- 23 Do i get it.
Is this a "safe" minigame? Emosworld 20:58, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
- Not in the least. You're skulled upon entry. Cool Spy0 20:59, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
i went to this, if this is supposed to replace pking jagex have got it completely wrong, its all multi combat so you cant hunt you target, all that happens is you enter, a team of rangers and an ancient pounce on you and presto your dead, if it was single cb then it would be ok, perhaps a fourth cave with multi cb and all the rest single? Bob2006ty(RUNESTORM333) talk 13:28, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
- I concur. earth(t)
- Members, get suggesting it in the official forums, as the way it stands, it only replaces multicombat wilderness, not single combat. The mechanics of bounty hunter have been twisted by the group killers. Another thing to emulate wilderness as it used to be, would be to have some monsters, particularly to cover those half empty parts where kill trades could still be made. Ace of Risk 22:55, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
Has anyone been able to play this game enough to establish some tactics on how best to survive here? We could probably use ideas for both the lone player (not going to last long regardless though) and for groups/clans. Tactics should include items recommended to take also (with a warning that the chance of losing those items are great). TIRRIANGANT (TALK) 19:40, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
The other day i was playing Bounty Hunter and i was getting killed by a ranger. I ran towards the crater door and at the exact time i got to it (clicked it)i was reduced to 0 hp by the ranger. The glitch was that even though i died and i couldn't enter because of that i didn't loose any of my items (worth a blue skull)
Tatics to surive in bh[edit source]
I'm an experienced pker. I can write up a guide on surviving in bh if needed
- Sign your posts with 4 tildes. I think that would be a very good addition to the article, go for it! Excalo 20:22, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thats a really good idea. If you really want to do it try making one for each crater; you can talk about the dangers and what to do if this happened, what to wear etc. just ideas. 22:37, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
Yea, i umm... third this motion. --
16:39, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
You can get attacked by more than one person, u can get attacked by a lot of people at the same time.... thats why going without friends is pointless almost...
- Yeah, I know. Even though I never used it, I still miss the old wilderness. C Teng talk 19:22, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
1. Once you enter Bounty Hunter, can you leave through one of the exits?
2. Can you leave if you're being attacked?
3. Can you leave if you killed your assigned target and pick up their items?
4. Can you leave if you killed a random person?
5. Can you leave if you killed a random person and picked up their items?
6. Any tips for a mid-level non-member who's never been there before?
- Yes, if you don't pick up their drops.
- No, after 3 minutes, yes. (if you pick up more items, then time restarts).
- I can't really say.
- Wow! Thanks for the quick reply! Blackhole252
i'm wanting to move some wealth, i have a question or two. I won't be multiple logging, i have two comps. =] If i have keep entering and exiting with both characters, could i eventually get my alt as a target? does it change target everytime you enter? if it does, i'm set. it'll be easy to move this money.188.8.131.52 06:28, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, that is considered multiple logging in and is against the rules. You are correct though, that is possible, however you are very likely to be killed doing it... Maha Nadihan talk contribs 06:31, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
I propose removing the box that says "Wikipedia has an article on Bounty Hunter", because it simply links to an article on the real-world profession of bounty hunting. I suspect an article on the mini-game was deleted from WP at some point, because the link here capitalizes both words, whereas the Wikipedia article on the subject does not. GoldFalcon 00:12, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
I think we should leave it. Maybe people want to find out about the real thing. --
16:41, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
single or multi combat?[edit source]
It's multicombat and you can be attacked by more than one person--Papaluci 16:00, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
Actually, it is both. On the GE side of the river, it is multicombat. on the Edgeville side of the river, it's 1v1. --
16:42, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
Does the reward work like in PvP, or do you get the persons' stuff? Dsctatom 02:15, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
it used to be that when you kill someone, u get all the items. (except there most valuable if they protect) nothing like pvp drops. this is because if you took a high prices item in, you would be very likely to get attacked.
BUT, now that they are updating bounty hunter. and they have been for quite a while... it could be totally different, and i am thinking it is.
Enjoy ^_^[edit source]
the leaked photo of the new bh i found 100% real. love me hate me
Bounty Hunter in the Wilderness[edit source]
It looks like this whole article is going to get re-written huh? There were some bugs and glitches like people not being able to attack, and that Borrowed items can be taken into these new worlds.. The bh worlds went from 2-5 due to the worlds flooding Claw B 13:44, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think we should keep this article to show players how it used to be, and make a new one about how Bounty Worlds are now. Oil4 Talk 13:40, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- For the new Bounty Worlds, have they taken out the Bounty Hunter Volcano now or something similar to that. If it is still there, is there even a use for the volcano, besides the bank area?Tyrant4710 17:00, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- As of today (May 6th) the Volcano is still there, and is known as the "Wilderness Volcano." As far as I can tell the volcano itself serves no purpose, although having a games necklace teleport close to a bank is very useful. Trying to enter the volcano gives you the message "Bounty Hunter is disabled." Ty2490 18:06, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
Is it now possible to unlock the BH tracks that were previously closed to you but you now have the level requirement for? --184.108.40.206 14:32, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
New Article[edit source]
Perhaps we could create a new article, Bounty Hunter Worlds for the May 6 update, and keep this one as a record of the old BH.
- I concur with this. It would be like keeping a historical record of old features that others could look back on for possible ideas for future updates.Tyrant4710 16:58, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
220.127.116.11 16:18, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, we should keep this article as a historical article. There is no reason in deleting all these info, since it still applies to RuneScape, just in past tense.
- A new article should be made. There is no harm in this article still excisting. ArnoudX 17:44, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think we can merge it to the normal article.-- 12:52, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, it would be most efficient to have this article rentitled "Old Bounty Hunter" and create an entirely new page for the May 6th updates. 22:30, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
About the songs...[edit source]
Does anyone know how you are supposed to get the songs like bounty hunter level 3 now that bounty hunter has changed? 'Cause I am about 4 songs away from having all of them, and don't want to have an unobtainable song taunting me...--Long Live Armadyl 20:43, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
leveling up[edit source]
wat if yer fighting some barely in yer fighting range and u lvl yer cb up(i mean the lower end of the range of fighting) will u continue to fight them?????? 18.104.22.168 23:02, 8 May 2009 (UTC) forgot to login Manofflames6 23:02, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
No, You will have to move one level deeper into the wilderness. Oh and, try to fix your grammar or use a spell checker, I could barely understand that. Claw B 15:03, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
Historical Article?[edit source]
--Monkey139 22:46, 12 May 2009 (UTC)With the introduction of Bounty Worlds, wouldnt it just be better to make this a historical article? It seems that Bounty Hunter no longer exists, but this article would be used to show what it was. --Monkey139 22:46, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed! The new version is Bounty Worlds, not Bounty Hunter anyway. We should give people memories of what it was like. ThatOneGuy 12:10, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
Sounds like a good idea, maybe make an article called Bounty Hunter (Worlds) or something like that --15:11, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
when I killed a lvl 90 who was 3 levels higehr than me and he was wearing addy, I got rune platebody, rune scimitar, rune 2h, adamant platelegs, adamant platebody, strength potion, and food. He wasn't even my target! Zezzima 23:00, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
Those things are crap compared to what you can actually get zezzima.....
You know what? If you can't say ANYTHING nice about my first EVER pvp kill at all, then stfu. Zezzima 23:18, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
Old Bounty Hunter[edit source]
Can you still use the old Bounty Hunter and what happened to it, can you still use it? Ocenar 22:48, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
You can't play the old one anymore.
Fixing up[edit source]
The article was very out of date and very un-organised but I have done a bit of fixing up. It still needs a more info. I realise it could have been a "historical article" but it had jumbled information from both the new and old which may have confused people so I decided to clarify it. I think the "history" part is enough really. Evil king j 16:29, 4 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - I say we take off the merge tag since the BH and BW articles seem to be distinctive enough to warrant separate articles. What do people say?22:47, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - They are 2 separate things, so should stay separate articles. Theboy1001 09:03, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
Hiscores? Score?[edit source]
Excuse me, but just how do you get a score (as shown in the hiscores) in this game? --Helm360 22:04, September 5, 2009
You just kill people. Each person is worth 'x' amount of score. Kill enough people, get on the highscores.
Running Targets and Other People[edit source]
Okay, so just the other day i was pking, right? I got a target. I attack him, he ran, got more food, came back, i didn't have any more food, and killed me. And just today, i was killing a guy with full rune, he started running, then his friend came in and killed me. And just the the day before yesterday, i had a target, i went to kill him, but guess what? HE WAS CAMPING OUT WITH HIS CLAN! So i had to log out and lose him as my target. Anyone know how to avoid this? And do you people actually get drops from people that are risking like 26k? It's impossible because whenever you're close to killing them they run!
22.214.171.124 06:07, December 8, 2009 (UTC) Farcrusader
Do i get it.[edit source]
If, i don't risk anything (or less then 25k), can i still get a good reward, or just smaller things.