Talk:Birthright of the Dwarves
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Deal with the suspects...bug ?
- 3 Strategy for Final Boss
- 4 Quest complete....
- 5 Extra Rewards
- 6 Cannon Sabotage
- 7 Stair Glitch
- 8 Warning
- 9 Boosts
- 10 Strength requirement
- 11 Hreidmar/Grimmsson fighting strategy
- 12 Can't make the Consortium find the true heir
- 13 Can't defeat Grimsson.
- 14 Final Fight
- 15 Grimsson vs Veldaban strategy
- 16 Cutscene Glitch/Hreidmar Melee?
- 17 Requirements
- 18 Post Quest Dialogue
- 19 King Veldaban missing
- 20 85 Strength Not Needed?
- 21 Do not let Veldaban die
- 22 Contradiction about ability to leave final boss fight
When you get to the part where you have to meet in the caverns, you'll be given explosive gears that you have to use on the dwarven cannons that shoot at you when you enter the lava flow mine battle area.
1) Use the protect/deflect range prayer and run all the way to the left (west) side and hide behind the pillar. After the pillar falls, cross it and use a gear on each of the cannons as you work your way from left to right.
2) On the right side, hide behind the pillar again until if falls, then cross again. Use the remaining gears on the reamining cannon.
3) Go up the stairs onto the platform and pull the lever.
4) Go back down and into the mine cart to move to the next part of the quest.
Deal with the suspects...bug ?[edit source]
so i did everything i could and i cant advance with quest.... there are still 2 suspects left (Klaas and Vigr) they keep saying same thing over and over again, nothing changes even when i talk to king or brae... i tried reloading client, still same crap... any idea what to do ?16:34, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
- You should be doing what they say: Vigr won't talk without any physical evidence, so go find some. Klaas insists that Meike will vouch for him, so go talk to her. This part of the guide seems to be up now, anyway. Nothing special here. (talk) 16:40, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
Klaas: talk to people in bar on west side of keldagrim, than talk to him and say meike voutched for you....
Vigr: go to his workshop NE part of palace at sword shop and search furnance and you will find "bundle of letters". Run back to vigr and talk to him... now u choose "here are some letters..."
So thats it guys :) took me few min to find out on my own, but now u can continue with your quest.... personaly i exiled them all :)
--16:48, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
Strategy for Final Boss[edit source]
I found it very easy to fight the final boss focusing on Hreidmar, using thresholds whenever he uses a special attack. When Grimsson starts charging, run until he stops. Occasionally Hreismar will divert your focus to Grimsson but keep at Hreidmar. once Heridmar is dead finish everyone else. The rest of the battle is fairly easy. 184.108.40.206 19:20, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
Quest complete....[edit source]
Just completed quest.... i have to say final battle isnt easy at all :) bosses have to much hp and its impossible to tank them all... dont try selling warhammers for high price in ge, because i already tried and nobody is buying them :)
What do i think about quest ? story was booring and quest was shit...
--19:26, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
Extra Rewards[edit source]
U can find ancient caves just north of bank in keldagrim... its in North West part of keldagrim. Ok so im 92 mining and i boosted by 2 lvls and managed to mine all except lvl 95 statue, I gues ill do that when i lvl up, anyway is there way to boost mining by 3 lvls ?
So after that i geared up in full bandos with chaotic rapiers and im heading to chaos giants :) u can find them at SE caves where quest was taking part.... watch out and pray range :)
--19:55, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Besides evil stews, there's no +3 mining boost item as far as I know. A god emissary banner boost could help with trying to get the stew bonus, though. Nothing special here. (talk) 00:43, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Do Invisible boosts from familiars work? Because I think the lava titan boosts by 10 mining lvls. 04ismailjj6 (talk) 08:34, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
Cannon Sabotage[edit source]
I've noticed that with the cannon parts, that there were multiple piles of rubble along the way, I took significantly less damage by hiding behind them between the cannon salvos. Extra Note: You can use resonance and absorb the cannon hits. --Kaisermage16 08:18, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
Stair Glitch[edit source]
I ahve heard of a possibel glitch, where the finnal bosses become docile, but agressive, when attacked, after you go down and up the stair case. Can anyone confirm this? 220.127.116.11 11:47, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
I can confirm this. I used that glitch to kill Hreidmar after losing all my Rocktails and Prayer Points and it works on his minions as well. I don't think it is a glitch however
Re: section "Veldaban of the Red Axe", warning
It seems that, while "attack" is the first option, choosing to attack a director does not do anything; Veldaban stops the player from attacking. I am not sure if this has been patched, or if it was never an issue. Please correct the warning in this section if you have knowledge of whether it was ever a problem.
Note: You must right-click the director and choose the "Talk-to" option, as the default left-click option is to attack them. Veldaban will stop you if you try to attack them at this point.
The director wishes to be more powerful than the others so your character then proposes that you kill the remaining 7 directors scattered around the floor. You can now kill them, as Veldaban will not stop you from doing so. Once they are all dead, speak to the director again and he will pronounce Veldaban a full-fledged member of the Red Axe. You can now kill the remaining director if you want to, but it isn't necessary. At this point, continue through the door at the east of the floor.
- I can confirm that you cannot boost your stats to start the quest. I drank a matured dwarven stout in order to boost my smithing from 80 to 82 but I still got the message saying I didn't meet all requirements.
- 01:19, October 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Did you actually have all the requirements? I just drank a strength potion to boost my strength and was able to start the quest fine. You might not have had the strength or mining requirement. 04ismailjj6 (talk) 16:32, October 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, Dwarven stout (m) lowers your strength level by 7 so you need to take that into account. 04ismailjj6 (talk) 16:34, October 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I can confirm that you can use boosts to start the quest: Asdervbn (talk) 20:04, October 30, 2013 (UTC)
Strength requirement[edit source]
Can you boost your strength lvl to do the quest, where must you boost your strength? Where in quest will you need this strength lvl?
Hreidmar/Grimmsson fighting strategy[edit source]
I tried to edit the section with a nice tip on how to defeat Hreidmar and Grimmson but the whole thing is in light white. could soemone perhaps fix it who has more edting experience then I do? Thank you
18.104.22.168 20:28, October 4, 2013 (UTC)anzu68
- Did you copy/paste it from somewhere? Suppa chuppa 20:30, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
- I posted it in the Forums originally and then put it in here. It's my own writing.
- anzu6822.214.171.124 09:19, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
Can't make the Consortium find the true heir[edit source]
The current guide says at the end: "If Veldaban is killed or steps down, then the true heir to the throne will be found and crowned: King Drunken Dwarf III."
I let Veldaban live, and told him to step down. The Consortium took over again. There appears to be no option to tell them after the quest to find the true heir. Is there some extra step I'm missing, or is the quest guide wrong?
14:21, October 12, 2013 (UTC)
- The guide must have been changed since you wrote this, but now it says you can only get the drunken dwarf crowned if you choose to kill Veldaban, not if he lives and you tell him to step down.
- On another note, if you choose to let Veldaban stay as a king - and I guess but can't confirm that in all cases other than having drunken dwarf be king, and possibly even then - you can talk to the drunken dwarf and restore his memories using the wand. At which point, he remembers what he saw and wants to warn everybody, you tell him it's already taken care of, and he drinks to celebrate.
- 126.96.36.199 19:40, May 25, 2016 (UTC)
Can't defeat Grimsson.[edit source]
I can't kill Grimsmson before he kills Veldaban in the first fight. The 7.5k damages always kill Veldaban before I can get Grimmsson dwon to less than half hp. Does anyone have any strategies? The guide only has strategies for the chaos Hreidmar and Grimmsson fight not the normal Grimmsson fight. 04ismailjj6 (talk) 13:05, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Always use Provoke, to make him attack you. That way, Veldaban has more health to tank the big special-attack hits. I tried (but failed) to split up Veldaban and Grimmsson (using the door), but perhaps that could work? IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:36, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
Final Fight[edit source]
I found that the final battle would have taken me at least 16 hours, had it not been for the advice of a friend. Rather than using melee, ranged or standard/ancient magick spells, try using a polypore staff and you will find that the dps is about 20x as much as you would have otherwise had hit. Not sure if it was a glitch that was affecting me personally, but my damage with other attacks was capped at about 75lp per hit, which was downright ridiculous. Best of luck, questgoers.
184.108.40.206 05:19, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
Grimsson vs Veldaban strategy[edit source]
Hiya, I developed a strategy on this fight myself, though I think some people may already found this out before me. Anyway, I already added that to the Quest page, but I'll explain it here anyway.
When Grimsson use his ability at 50% to grab Veldaban, run in a straightline away from him. When he finally threw Grimsson at you, you immediately run back in the same straight line and stand in front of Grimsson. At this point, you should be right in between Grimsson and Veldaban, but he'll still attack Veldaban with ranged. Use Provoke to shift his forcus on him, and don't move from that spot, and Veldaban should be almost, if not completely, invulnerable. Of course this means you have to tank all the damage that Grimsson launch, but this way he won't be able to attack Veldaban or use that annoying 7500 hit special on him.
I did work fairly hard to develop this strategy since I was having problem on this part to the point I got really frustrated about it. I wanted to share this so people don't have to get all work up about Grimsson killing Veldaban before they can kill him.
Let me know what you think. =)
Cutscene Glitch/Hreidmar Melee?[edit source]
I wanna cover two things here. One, during the cutscene where Grimmson and Hreidmar transform into chaos form, before they transform, their names are "ph" and ""ph"". Both there examine info's are "". Just wanted to point that out.
Is it me, or do NONE of the skill requirements ever come into play during the quest, making them entirely an artificial hurdle? 220.127.116.11 22:43, June 22, 2014 (UTC)
Post Quest Dialogue[edit source]
Could we get a list/transcript of all the post quest dialogue please?
18.104.22.168 05:51, March 23, 2015 (UTC)
King Veldaban missing[edit source]
When boosting to 85 strength just after completing King of the Dwarves I noticed that King Veldaban was missing from the top floor of the Keldagrim palace. Relogging spawned him back in and I was able to start the quest as normal. --Alicecomma (talk) 20:03, December 21, 2015 (UTC)
85 Strength Not Needed?[edit source]
Is it still possible to do this quest without 85 strength? Asking because I did it below 85 and currently own the Quest Point cape with 84 Strength. If it is still possible, the Quest Cape page would need changing. Explosion143 (talk) 22:06, September 10, 2018 (UTC)
Do not let Veldaban die[edit source]
You must not let Veldaban die in the canoon sabaotaging part - you can feed him food for healing, if he dies you have to start over. Weirdly the guide doesn't mention anything about this.
Contradiction about ability to leave final boss fight[edit source]
Under The final confrontation it says
> The battle can be divided into three phases: the fight against Grimsson in his normal dwarf form, killing the first of the two chaos dwarf bosses, either Grimsson or Hreidmar, and killing the remaining boss. Once each phase is complete, it will remain complete if you leave and re-enter the battle.
But then under Chaos dwarves! it says
> If the instance is not completed and the player leaves before both are killed the instance resets itself,both chaos dwarf bosses have to be defeated in one go.
Does anyone know which is actually the case?