- 1 Untitled
- 2 Bolt Racks?
- 3 Metal Armour
- 4 Obsidian rings
- 5 breaking arrows
- 6 Reasons to get accumulator over attractor
- 7 You can have both the Accumulator and Attractor
- 8 Accumulator only pick up steel bolts/arrows?
- 9 Can anyone verify if this works with Bandos plate?
- 10 Arrow generation rate
- 11 Ava's accumulator
- 12 :Ava's accumulator
- 13 bolts
- 14 Ava Accumulator
- 15 do you think it would be worth it?
- 16 Could someone please tell me
- 17 Using with bolts? Slayer helm?
- 18 Armadyl armour
- 19 Can The ATTRACTOR (not acumulator) pick up bone bolts?
- 20 Aviansies
- 21 Corrupt?
- 22 SW corner
- 23 Untitled
- 24 Bugs
- 25 Ava's Passive Effect
- Er, yes, awesome. Yes, it's infinite, but...well, if you'd been wearing it ever since the update came out then you'd probably have about 5,000 arrows by now. Er...not many, in other words. :p JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 07:54, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
- It's good to do if you're training agility! Dreadnoughttalk 20:24, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
- Although you potentially sacrifice 9kg. Runecrafting is also good. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 20:25, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
- It's good to do if you're training agility! Dreadnoughttalk 20:24, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
it stinks that it doesn't give high than iron (or steel)
- It occupies the cape position though, and feeds arrows into the quiver if none or the same type are equipped, the only disadvantages would seem to be the weight, or where weight is not an issue but defence is, not being able to wear a metal body piece. According to other sites, it's also pretty slow to accumulate.Ace of Risk 22:14, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
The best thing about this isn't the arrows, it's the range attack bonus - best 'cape' in game for range attack. Same bonus as an archer ring, and a lot cheaper. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Newc1219 (talk).
Does tiranas(for runecrafting) count as 'metal armor'? Houw about amulets?
Does this item collect any type of arrow fired? put in what types of arrows it attracts. We also need a list of what is considered 'metal armor' Void knight armor could be armor for rangers... but is that metal armor? --Wiiwantxbox 17:07, 29 April 2007 (UTC)
- As far as I know, the Accumulator works for full VK. Despite the face that most amulets are from some form of metal, these don't interfere with the accumulator. I'm NOT sure about RC Tiaras, though they probably wouldn't.
- Chris2fer381 11:59, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
Bolt Racks?[edit source]
Does the Accumulator work with Bolt Racks? If not, it should be put on to the page, ("Though, it is interesting to not that this does NOT work with Bolt Racks"). User:Chris2fer381 11:58, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
Metal Armour[edit source]
I've noticed that certain types of Metal Armour such as Initiate/Proselyte and White do not seem to interfere with the Attractor/Accumulator's operation. I don't know if this was just an oversight or bug, but it is strange. Of course, it possibly might be corrected when Jagex does another series of small updates... Does anyone else have this happen?  17:56, 31 July 2007 (UTC) Does accumulator work with bone bolts?
Obsidian rings[edit source]
Does it retrieve them? I have none to experiment with. DarkMagic 20:26, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
yes it does pick up obby rings
at least it did when i used it last night
It doesn't pick them up that often (as much as metal arrows) but it does pick them up.
breaking arrows[edit source]
i think, but i may not be sure that arrows break more while using this because i dont remember breaking as many arrows on a blue dragon slayer task as i did not using this
i've never broken any arrows while using anything do you mean dropped arrows? ~sir erik54~
He means arrows disappearing, and not appearing on the ground. I think he doesn't realize that most of the arrows are going back into his inventory, and he thinks they are breaking. PureAwesomeness 17:09, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
Reasons to get accumulator over attractor[edit source]
- Cost: 75 steel arrows (3,450 gold from vendor)
- Advantages: Produces steel arrows instead of iron (good for lower levels), and the additional +2 ranged bonus
So for 999 gold you can replace the lower level one, and with 3,450 worth of steel arrows you can buy the upgrade.
Is this comparison worth adding to the entry? I'd have liked to know it when i first read about the items.
Also it seems worth adding that both items will disappear on death. Or can this be assumed because they are nontradeable?
Nubricon 00:32, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
You can have both the Accumulator and Attractor[edit source]
I have found out that you can have both an Accumulator and an Attractor at once. Apparently even if you have an Accumulator in your possession, you can still ask Ava for a new device and she will sell you another Attractor for 999 coins. I don't know what you would gain out of having both an Attractor and an Accumulator, but it may be worthwhile to point this out in the articles. I would have added this information, but I don't know if this is considered a glitch or if it is intentional. It's up to someone else to make the call.
 05:07, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
- So is it possible to have 2 or more Accumulators? If so then cool, because I'll be able to sort it into my bank :)
Accumulator only pick up steel bolts/arrows?[edit source]
Does the accumulator pick up all bolts and arrows fired, or just steel ones? 22.214.171.124 18:16, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- All of them.--nekobawt 18:31, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
yes all types of metal, contrary to popular belief.
it will pick up almost everything that i know of even bone bolts the only thing it wont pick up is chins cannonballs and ice arrows or training arrows im still trying to figure what else it wont collect —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sir erik54 (talk).
also certain quests that require "special" ammunition wont be picked up
Just to clarify, it retrieves all standard ammunition (bronze-rune). --Limxzero 12:03, December 14, 2010 (UTC)
Can anyone verify if this works with Bandos plate?[edit source]
I don't know if it can, but I going to buy the plate if such is true. /I need it for aviansies
- Why would you want to wear Bandos at aviansies? While it has +133 ranged defense it has a negative ranged attack bonus. Black d'hide body by comparison is +30 with +55 def. If you have the money to spend on Bandos then get Armadyl. In total it's +63 ranged attack and +98 ranged defence. Remember to also wear the barrows gloves from RFD. -- Mercifull (Talk) 10:15, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
it will work with bandos, and you should get bandos boots instead that way u can wear a better range bonus top 22:41, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Arrow generation rate[edit source]
From empirical research, I have concluded that the arrow generation is about 1 arrows per 180 seconds. I haven't found any source to confirm this however. This would give an estimated 1 gold per 6 seconds worth of steel arrows (in other words, not very much). Wejer 12:39, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
ok i need help does it mKE AROOW CAME NACH ALL THE TIME BECASE FOR ME IT DONT
What?! ^ Your problem might be that you're standing in an area, like behind a fence, or rock, and then the attractor, or accumuliator will not retreive your ammounition... or you're illiterate.
do it work with full granite??
Ava's accumulator[edit source]
do it work with full granite??
- yes it does granite isnt metal 22:39, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
so is it really worth wearing an accumulator??
:Ava's accumulator[edit source]
does it pick bolts up
- It will pick up bolts if they are steel and there is nothing between you and your opponent. Evil Yanks talk10:13, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
he doesn't pick up all my bolts, why?
- It picks most of fired bolts only if there is no obstacle between you and target. So.. it wont work if you ranging using safespot. --Bp vital 12:13, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
does it work with anti dragon shield
Yes it does, because as long as your shirt is NOT METAL. Since the accumulator is not on your arm, the shield won't negate the accumulator's effect. All that matters is the shirt.10:34, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
Ava Accumulator[edit source]
It doesnt seem to work when hiding behind something, for instance a table. the arrows do not get picked up. is it because the table is in the way?
Yes as there is an obstacle in the way of you and the arrows.
do you think it would be worth it?[edit source]
I am just trying to get 60 ranged to kill blue dragons fast. Do you think it would be worth it to get avas accumulator?
- It's always useful to have it, so you can get your arrows back + ranged damage... But it won't be required. Mark (Tedjuh10) - Talk 13:32, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
Hey darkmagic, every1 hates scammers =p
Thanks Mark- Sordsknight2
Could someone please tell me[edit source]
Could someone tell me (on my talk page preferably) how toget more than one accumulator? --19:21, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
- speak to ava and ask for another one? 126.96.36.199 22:56, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
Using with bolts? Slayer helm?[edit source]
So will this work and collect bolts? I'd like to use it with Broad Bolts (I have like 5k of those) and train ranging that way. And I don't know what's happening but sometimes it'll collect and sometimes it won't. I'd like to use it with a Full Slayer Helm.
- Ava's works with all ranged ammo, bar corrupt morrigan's items (as they break instantly). 16:32, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, it works with a full slayer helm. To the guy above me, your signature has my name.No One Special 17:52, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
Armadyl armour[edit source]
Does the accumulator work while wearing Armadyl armour? It hasn't been confirmed that Armadyl armour is made of metal, but it certainly looks like it is.
Can The ATTRACTOR (not acumulator) pick up bone bolts?[edit source]
can the attractor pick up bone bolts? Im really trying to train range but my attractor won't pick up the bone bolts
|KillerArms99| ☺☺☺☺☺ Please help☺☺☺☺☺ PS if it does pick up bone bolts how does it work I think im missing out on something and if it doesnt what will work I like crossbows and I have 38 range thankyou for you help and consideration lol
- I'm sure it does work. Make sure:
- You're not wearing a metal-based platebody.
- You have a clear line of sight between you and your target - no tables, fences or other obstacles in the way. Large monster safespots may also not work (you're standing in an area a large monster cannot reach but with no obstacles directly in the way) - the square where the bolts land (southwestern one) is out of your direct line of sight so bolts will not be retrieved.
- Remember Ava's isn't 100% efficient. Some bolts will still be lost forever (broken) and some will still land on the ground, but not many. 12:35, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
I also came by an interesting discovery: when I was hunting Chompies with Ogre wolf-bone tip arrows they return to my other ones. Strange, right?
hey guys. Its sordsknight2 (better and improved)... yesterday i got ava's accumulator and now im a level 92...rather than a level 82. With 71 ranged. I have moved on from the Blue dragon's idea and went onto the Aviansie plan. Ihave 75 def. Do you think i could tank aviansie with 80 ranged? And should i have ava's accumulator or obisian cape?
Does it pick up corrupt weaponry e.g Morrigan's throwing axe? Corrupt or normal?
All corrupt projectiles AKA C. Morrigan's thrownaxe or C. Morrigan's Javelin will break upon being thrown NO MATTER WHAT. The only way to have them not break, is not to use them. They break with one hit, so if you only have one, and throw it, it's gone. No matter if you have the Accumuliator, or Attractor, corrupt projectiles will break.
SW corner[edit source]
Note sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but if the SW corner of a mob is blocked it will always fail to pick the arrow up. If any other corner is obstructed it will still pick it up. This applies to all 3 versions. The SW corner of where a mob is standing is where the mobs drops will end up, along with where the arrows would normally fall for you to pick them up. 188.8.131.52 13:05, February 22, 2011 (UTC)
I'm using the attractor for the simple fact that i don't have 50 ranged yet. and it's not picking up any arrows. Bronze, steel, or mithril. It's not picking up iron knives either. I have tried toggling it both ways but it still won't work. any ideas??
has anyone tested with dark arrows since the arrowheads are dark beast spikes, and not a metal, according to the item description. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 11:06, August 12, 2014 (UTC).
220.127.116.11 21:41, July 15, 2015 (UTC) They do work.
Not sure if that 'PVP bug' is current, but stepping into PVP wearing it does not unequip anything nor does the description of the bug make any sense.. https://puu.sh/ssy31/c9fb8ff203.png (talk) 00:26, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
- Removed the 'trivia'. 13:04, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
Ava's Passive Effect[edit source]
I find the phrase "As of the completionist cape update, the benefits of Ava's accumulator became a passive effect, meaning it no longer has to be equipped for it to function." Does this mean that you must obtain the Completionist Cape for the passive effect to work? Or can everyone just put Ava's in their inventory and wear something else in the cape slot for Ava's to work? Thanks! Nfurlong (talk) 17:32, 13 July 2020 (UTC)