- 1 Untitled
- 2 Helpful resource
- 3 Right Click Reporting
- 4 What are the player's complaints on extraction skills
- 5 On by default
- 6 Just wondering
- 7 Farming
- 8 Bones to Peaches
- 9 Using assist to create gilded altars
- 10 Ancient Effigies - Max assistance
- 11 Log out
- 12 Assisting Repair?
- 13 Self-check Assist System reset timer
Just dropping some notes here, played with it quite a bit yesterday.
- If you reach the 30k limit, you cannot assist at all after this.
- Temporary buffs on the assister work for the assisted (tested with tea/construction) - for example, I have 78 construction, I drank a cup of tea (+3 temporary buff) and then assisted another player who made an 80 construction item at my workbench.
- Its usage looks limited. I would be one of the assisters (99 smith, 95 craft, 90 herby, etc), but for the vast majority of things I won't use it. I will only use it for things which i cannot exchange items for items, namely god swords, barrows repair, dragonfire shield, and some onyx jewellery.
- At some point (not tried for a while so may not have been this update) they "fixed" the sextant so you can't get a co-ordinate position in your house. Perhaps construction might be possible if you are both in your respective houses and roughly in the correct position. Idle speculation!
- God sword blades don't currently work (assuming this is a bug and will be fixed soon)
Helpful resource[edit source]
TruthScape Special Reports - Understanding the RuneScape Assist System has a detailed description of the Assist System, with skill-specific suggestions, FAQ, analysis and recommendations, ect. Some usfull info could be found here (but don't steal it, of course). 19:19, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
Right Click Reporting[edit source]
Anything that is not stated by Jagex in KB is considered confidential, so the Trivia section that states that mods have right click report option should be removed. I edited out the "...option, only availabale to moderators" part, not sure if anything else should be done. 126.96.36.199 12:19, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- That is hardly a "secret" and I don't understand the "confidential" part either. The fact is that this did appear (briefly) in the knowledge base. A Jagex moderator took a screenshot from his account and posted it in the knowledge base demonstrating assisting, inadvertantly revealing this "fact" about right clicking a report by moderators to the general Runescape community. That image was quickly replaced with a screen shot of an ordinary player offering assistance, but at that point the damage was already done. I saw the original image that demonstrated this capability of moderators, but unfortunately I didn't save the image. --Robert Horning 15:27, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- This is actually not confidential. player mods are allowed to share this information with other players, partly as, any video made by a player mod would show this option. I do not know all the reasons why this is not confidential, but I was freely told this information by by several mods. I am not going to add in this information because it is of a bit of a sensitive subject, but I can asser that it is not confidential. Also, there was never any intention of updating the menues of regular players to inclue the right-click report abuse feature. This was a rumour and should probably be noted as such. A bit more that can be added in: some players complained that adding in the extra feature made trading in crowded worlds harder.Mjc3 03:32, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
What are the player's complaints on extraction skills[edit source]
I read a part of the article saying that WC, fishing, mining, and hunting skills were removed because players complained about them in the forums. What are they complaining about? --Fatman4ever 10:00, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
- The complaints were made mainly by more mature players who didn't want to be hounded for these resource extraction skills for assistance. If you wanted a hunk of coal or a piece of mithril ore, it could simply be given by the player who is performing the task. The same could be said for fish and even hunting. As the assisting player can't perform any task when offering assistance, it seemed to be simply pointless to even have these resource gathering skills available for assistance. Experienced players could gather resource much faster than a new player unfamiliar with those resources.
- It should also be noted that the complaints existed prior to Jagex revealing that they were going to restrict player-to-player trades, even though some players speculated (at the time) that the reason for allowing the assistance option for resource gathering was in anticipation of reduction or even complete elimination of player to player trades. As the subsequent riots demonstrated with the elimination of the player-killing wilderness and the 3k trade limit, those concerns were well founded and the source of contention among a great many players. It still is discussed in a great many forums and in casual conversation between players in the game. --Robert Horning 15:36, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
On by default[edit source]
On by default? They're all off by default on my account, although it does remember which one's I've turned on. 188.8.131.52 19:19, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
Just wondering[edit source]
I was wondering if using the assist sistem would help me finish the Achievment Diary with other low leveled accounts? (AKA, my sis account)
- I don't think that the assist system works for quests/Achievement Diaries...Kudos 2 U 19:00, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- It works for some tasks and not for others. I am not completely sure which ones it works for. For those tasks that require you to "make" the item (and not merely deliver it to somebody), the assisting doesn't work.
- Even more strange, there are some Achievement diary tasks that require the actual skill level to make the item and others that can use skill boosters like Dwarven Stout or Dave's Spicy Stew to get you to the required level.
- The best answer is "Maybe". Depends on the diary and task you are asking about. --00:06, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
It works for the Lumbridge "Medium" Achievment diary on the "Smith a steel longsword in the Draynor Sewers" thingy, because I remember that I had to get assist for it, then later (actually, fairly recently) I helped my friend by giving him assist for that same exact task...but I think the answer remains "sometimes."22:18, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
"Trees, bushes, calquat, and cacti cannot be planted, because the potted versions of these are untradable ". Bushes are not put into plant pots, therefore, this is wrong. I'm fairly certain the only reason you can't plant bushes is to prevent people from using to do the varrock achievement diary.--Long Live Armadyl 00:21, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- I changed it so that bushes and cacti are not being referred to as potted. Dsctatom 02:58, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
Bones to Peaches[edit source]
is it possible for me to cast it if i havn't had the reward from Mage Training?Whale Impact 16:30, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know, but won't it be easier if you just buy the Bones to Peaches tab? Mr Moo Cow99 17:11, December 7, 2009 (UTC)02:58, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
Using assist to create gilded altars[edit source]
Can one use the assist system to make altars in the chapel, or add any other furniture other than using flat packs?
184.108.40.206 19:56, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
Ancient Effigies - Max assistance[edit source]
Two nights ago I assisted a player with a level 93 effigy: 20,000 xp. Last night before my 24 hour period had completed and I could fully assist again I was able to assist a player using a 95 effigy: 25,000 xp. The key is that I only received 10,000 of the 25,000 and the player I assisted 'fed' the effigy. This was probably less apparent before because the chunks of xp were so small but now its clear that you can assist successfully but your xp cuts off at 30,000. Can a few more people verify this? It would be a nice little nugget to added to both the effigy & assist system pages. Gentleway 18:43, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
I've since done this twice now. you get the difference until 30k & can assist any player. Word has it you can continue to assist people after 30k but get no xp for it. I haven't tried but I do like the timer at the bottom of the assist box that tells the player how long until they can assist again for xp. It would be nice to get to this without someone requesting assistance. (Gentleway 18:09, June 24, 2010 (UTC))
Log out[edit source]
If you are assisting and you don't click anywhere for a while will you be kicked off?
Assisting Repair?[edit source]
Is it possible to assist a superior tetsu armor repair?
Self-check Assist System reset timer[edit source]
So before NIS, you right clicked on the assist button below chat to check how long till you could assist again. I was wondering if this feature still existed (and I'm just a derp for not finding it) or if it was forgotten to be put into the NIS.
Having someone request an assist still shows how much time is left, but I can't find a self-checking method. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gary13931 (talk). 23:52, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
- There isn't one. Jagex are aware of this, and are looking for an alternative
23:54, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Good, I'm not crazy... yet. Thanks for the quick answer. 00:01, August 17, 2013 (UTC)